Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #11 (2023) - Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Narkle’s jumper tug last night can’t be compared to Troy Chaplin’s.

Chaplin’s was a very clear “f**k you” to us, whereas Narkle’s was just a show of appreciation to us rather than a pot shot at his old club, and notice how he didn’t do the airplane celebration after his second goal?

It’s just a coincidence that his first game and first goal for us was against Geelong.

He's carrying some kind of caboose there.

It does limit your options as a player if you can't lift your legs to get down the ground.

This is why he is no longer a pure mid and can do a forward role and can apply defensive pressure.

We let him settle forward and let the chemistry between him and SPP work it's magic along with a little time in the middle whenever it happens to be a good idea.

Narkle is going to be the midseason pick up on which all other midseason pick ups are judged.

We let him settle forward and let the chemistry between him and SPP work it's magic along with a little time in the middle whenever it happens to be a good idea.
I was so so about picking up Narkle, as he was a nice player at Geelong, but didn't produce enough. But when I found out he was good mates with Sam from school days, I thought good, Sam will drive him given the way he is playing this year. Looks like it has already started.

I was so so about picking up Narkle, as he was a nice player at Geelong, but didn't produce enough. But when I found out he was good mates with Sam from school days, I thought good, Sam will drive him given the way he is playing this year. Looks like it has already started.
Hearing that he dropped weight & was focused on improving his defensive side had me listening.

Interesting he might end up being the odd one where the bulked up Geelong midfielder program wasn't suitable for him.

Hearing that he dropped weight & was focused on improving his defensive side had me listening.

Interesting he might end up being the odd one where the bulked up Geelong midfielder program wasn't suitable for him.
pretty sure narkle said he dropped 11kg, thats a huge amount

Narkle is going to make things very interesting from here on in. He looks the goods and is hungry. Best mid season pickup yet.

My kids have nicknamed him Barbie because of the hair.
Look I don't want to steal your thunder here, but I had a think about this and I reckon there is really only one nickname that will ever suit him, and it's "Roller".

Look I don't want to steal your thunder here, but I had a think about this and I reckon there is really only one nickname that will ever suit him, and it's "Roller".

Let's compromise. How about 'Rollers'.

housewife-curlers-blonde-wig-92550bl_750x750.jpg

Good luck to him but don’t think he will make it. Reminds me of the other blonde long haired guy that played ok every now and then (Aaron Young).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on the fringes of a very good Geelong team. Since being delisted he has shed wait and become considerably more professional. Who knows whether he becomes a permanent part of or midfield rotation, but he is in the perfect age bracket and gives us a lot of insurance should some of our younger mids not come through or leave. I love the fact that he lifts the eyes before disposing of the ball. You can never have enough of those guys.

He was on the fringes of a very good Geelong team. Since being delisted he has shed wait and become considerably more professional. Who knows whether he becomes a permanent part of or midfield rotation, but he is in the perfect age bracket and gives us a lot of insurance should some of our younger mids not come through or leave. I love the fact that he lifts the eyes before disposing of the ball. You can never have enough of those guys.
We've got an entire team of them, now. What a refreshing change of pace, it is.

I am pretty impressed with Narkle but I still cannot figure why he was dropped when Rioli was missing. Maybe a Hinkley thing?

This guy has some skill, there was an occasion on Saturday when the ball bounced in front of him just inside the boundary, Narkle hit the ball into the ground with the palm of his hand, gathered it, an kept running without losing pace. It was basketball stuff with an oval ball- absolutely brilliant. Anyone else see it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back