Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #11 (2023) - Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty impressed with Narkle but I still cannot figure why he was dropped when Rioli was missing. Maybe a Hinkley thing?
Because we had to make room for Jackson Mead, apparently.

23 disposals and a goal this week.
RD-14-V-Sturt-home-26.jpg

He’s as good as anyone we’ve got in the SANFL to come in. It’s a shame that the mid who needs to go out is Wines, or Boak. Not show that Narkle replaces Wines though.

Last edited:
Port Adelaide forward Quinton Narkle has welcomed a baby girl on the eve of the Power’s Adelaide Oval clash with GWS.
The Power on Saturday afternoon announced that Narkle and partner Taylah Cubillo were celebrating the birth.

Port Adelaide has offered mid-season draftee Quinton Narkle another one-year contract as he fights to secure a finals spot for Ken Hinkley’s side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has skills, as opposed to "weapons", but the impression that struck me most was that he looked oddly slow at AFL level. Not sure if that's perception or just a result of starting "full time" mid season. Not Wines or late-Boak slow I guess but still. Better than a SANFL plodder, lets see next year how much better, with a full preseason.

Has skills, as opposed to "weapons", but the impression that struck me most was that he looked oddly slow at AFL level. Not sure if that's perception or just a result of starting "full time" mid season. Not Wines or late-Boak slow I guess but still. Better than a SANFL plodder, lets see next year how much better, with a full preseason.
my only problem with narkle is he needs to be played in his correct postion in order to play well at AFL level, this is inside the midfield, we always play these SANFL mids out of position, with the likes of mead, of-course he doesnt get a game over butters/rozee, drew,wines and JHF. Therefore i beleive he is a SANFL list clogger, because of his limited midfiled opportunity in the future.

my only problem with narkle is he needs to be played in his correct postion in order to play well at AFL level, this is inside the midfield, we always play these SANFL mids out of position, with the likes of mead, of-course he doesnt get a game over butters/rozee, drew,wines and JHF. Therefore i beleive he is a SANFL list clogger, because of his limited midfiled opportunity in the future.
Perhaps the list clogger is Wines. He is the experienced one in there that did not stand up in September.

Narkle could play both inside/out, and can go forward and kick goals. But unless Wines is traded (or Drew), or they gets a long term injury, you’re right we won’t see Narkle.

Wines/Drew (and even Boak) struggle to go forward, which has made our mids quite inflexible. Especially with the Butters, Rozee, JHF take over.

SPP probably fits this category too, but he has been able to forge a HF role, even though it probably isn’t his natural position.

Maybe Hinkley just loves his hair, although I also think he is worth a 1 year contract to prove himself. A full preseason, better idea of his role and better integration into the team will give us a true idea of whether he fits for us or not. I'm sure we didn't blow the bank on him.

Maybe Hinkley just loves his hair, although I also think he is worth a 1 year contract to prove himself. A full preseason, better idea of his role and better integration into the team will give us a true idea of whether he fits for us or not. I'm sure we didn't blow the bank on him.
Hinkley only like Sam Powell Peppers style. Anything longer, they lose value at the selection table

Nah, he is to tall for Kens foreward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back