Official Match Thread Season 24, Round 3 - Gumbies FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

I've played enough games to be paranoid about fine print ;)

Yeah, Iceland looks it. Seems like a colonization heavy game, with maybe some possibility of advancement into Europe through GB/Scandinavia. Could end up making a North Atlantic powerhouse.

That mod looks very nice, nice to the point I'm half willing to abandon my current playthrough to use it.

Ryuku is also in the list of things I want to do.

Fair point, lol.

For me, I usually do Finland, but I usually go East more often than not my accident. In fact, I think I’ve ended up in Alaska way more times than going through the Greenland/East Canada route. Pretty much all the AI does the same if they get sufficient development, and then they balloon out, becoming quite beastly.

Totally worth it if you really want to get into colonisation. North America has many of its provinces with nice translations, meaning it’s so much fun going as an English nation (Not going to lie, I initially got the mod because it made Leicester its own province like in CK2) and you get to see the modern day names whenever you colonise those places. They haven’t gotten to Australia yet, but these guys do their research. They were first with many major developments before Paradox got to them.

Of course, the only flaw is if you play as a HRE nation, and you want out… that’s kinda impossible due to what happened to the HRE window. So I had this weird case of playing a rebel Brabrant (Another reason I got the mod was because it allowed me to form Belgium) and just being so much more powerful than the HRE, yet were still part of it. One major problem for me is that I was stuck with female heirs a lot, which meant I couldn’t take over the HRE… In fact, one funny moment is when the HRE voted for Spain to be the Emperor due to weird circumstances.

That Belgium game was a lot of fun, because I also insisted in keeping the duel culture nature of Belgium, meaning I switched between Walloon and Flemish just to ensure the Walloons and Flemish made it to Australia and the Americas (I had Flemish New England and York with Wallons covering the rest of the area. Thank goodness I did not add Rhenish to represent the German speaking part.)

To be honest, Ryukyu was done earlier, and I haven’t done it again since (if only because there are others I’d rather play as) but I know it’s a lot more difficult, especially with the new Chinese Empire mechanics. I did play a game where I had a Macau empire (started in Macau and had my own dynasty), showing that you can do it if you know what to do. I think another really fun one I had was the Celyon challenge, where you needed to make India take a third option and make it fully Buddhist.

One run I really want to try again when they update India is the accurate border challenge again. (Try to replicate the sub-continent nations’ borders by playing as just one nation. I played as Madurai to create a Tamil India, while shaping up Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Afghanistan, and even Iran to their accurate borders. This was with the BT mod, so it was a ton of fun!

Hmm I played a shitload of EU3 and also got EU4 but my favourite paradox game is easily crusader kings 2.

Particularly with the game of thrones mod.

It's a weird one. I really like CK2, yet I don't like Game of Thrones. Yet... I think having the GoT mod for CK2 is pretty much a match made in heaven. It works extremely well!

It's a weird one, because I would really love to start off as a single Provence kingdom and build from there (meaning I start off from Leicester, and go from there), which is why I like the Shattered Kingdom mod, so I can both play as that and see what kingdoms develop over time and create some sweet alternate history.

Fair point, lol.

For me, I usually do Finland, but I usually go East more often than not my accident. In fact, I think I’ve ended up in Alaska way more times than going through the Greenland/East Canada route. Pretty much all the AI does the same if they get sufficient development, and then they balloon out, becoming quite beastly.

Totally worth it if you really want to get into colonisation. North America has many of its provinces with nice translations, meaning it’s so much fun going as an English nation (Not going to lie, I initially got the mod because it made Leicester its own province like in CK2) and you get to see the modern day names whenever you colonise those places. They haven’t gotten to Australia yet, but these guys do their research. They were first with many major developments before Paradox got to them.

Of course, the only flaw is if you play as a HRE nation, and you want out… that’s kinda impossible due to what happened to the HRE window. So I had this weird case of playing a rebel Brabrant (Another reason I got the mod was because it allowed me to form Belgium) and just being so much more powerful than the HRE, yet were still part of it. One major problem for me is that I was stuck with female heirs a lot, which meant I couldn’t take over the HRE… In fact, one funny moment is when the HRE voted for Spain to be the Emperor due to weird circumstances.

That Belgium game was a lot of fun, because I also insisted in keeping the duel culture nature of Belgium, meaning I switched between Walloon and Flemish just to ensure the Walloons and Flemish made it to Australia and the Americas (I had Flemish New England and York with Wallons covering the rest of the area. Thank goodness I did not add Rhenish to represent the German speaking part.)

To be honest, Ryukyu was done earlier, and I haven’t done it again since (if only because there are others I’d rather play as) but I know it’s a lot more difficult, especially with the new Chinese Empire mechanics. I did play a game where I had a Macau empire (started in Macau and had my own dynasty), showing that you can do it if you know what to do. I think another really fun one I had was the Celyon challenge, where you needed to make India take a third option and make it fully Buddhist.

One run I really want to try again when they update India is the accurate border challenge again. (Try to replicate the sub-continent nations’ borders by playing as just one nation. I played as Madurai to create a Tamil India, while shaping up Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Afghanistan, and even Iran to their accurate borders. This was with the BT mod, so it was a ton of fun!
PzHzsho.gif

Come join in the EU4 Revolution.

I have CK2, but it's not installed and I've not played it primarily since I didn't have time to do so, and now that I do I have no desire to reinstall it. It's a vicious cycle.

Darn man, that really sucks. Give ya self a push to reinstall it! You won't regret it!

Will have to be Monday, my games drive has decided to commit seppuku, so repair guy who apparently lives an hour and a bit away is getting new drive to clone things from the drive that suddenly turned emo to the new one which no doubt will see the SSD, become emo and cause more issues of inadequacy.

Plus, I'm lazy and had to double check what games were even in my steam library to begin with as I had the Port v Dogs game on the bravia and the Pies v cats game on the foxtel app on the desktop for footy saturday with2 packs of chips, chocolate and cola. So that quickly turned to comfort food as money out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure I like this change back to the Gumbies. In their previous namesake at least I got some questionable looking sausage for a pre-game meal, but what the hell is this?
24pc-lot-color-ultralight-clay-polymer-clay-plasticine-Modelling-Clay-set-space-cement-kit-toxic-resin.jpg
The Gumbies made another poor management decision, producing 6000 PVC gumboots for sale as club merch. sjohns12 is the only person to have purchased a pair, needing to prevent the contraction of trench foot. His feet need moisture protection as tears flow steadily, resulting from his rejection at the hands of team weasel, Quivorir.

The plastic boots are now being repurposed for the pre-game grub, guernseys and the match QOOTball.

footy_stress_ball.jpg

Don't hate me because your parents didn't love you.

Now now, no need to be sad that he has parents and you were simply created by spores.

Because love is in the air... even when it's a fungus deciding to spread its wings, it's still spread by love, and a smell that is like burnt chicken over a 3 week old roo that came off second best from a b-double and had been picked at by crows for 4 days of that 3 weeks where one crow died from a choking hazard and another got taken by a snake.

There's still love somewhere in there, because that snake will eventually become a handbag or a shoe for some lucky woman at tomorrows game.

Check under your allocated seats for the golden ticket, and you find the C4, yes, it's chocolate, go ahead and put your face right up to it for a taste and ignore the blinking raspberry.

Fair point, lol.

EU4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back