Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 17 Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

2M1k1Af.png

iMtXr5G.png

Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Listen on! Listen on! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring, and that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now, busted up and everyone talking about hard rain! But we've learned! By the dust of 'em all, SFA's learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here, and it finishes here!

Two teams enter, one team leaves. And now, I've got two teams — two teams with a gut full of fear. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, winning time's here!

Sin City Swamprats

Barring a massive Bombers win over the Wonders, and the Roys knocking off the Warriors, the home side is assured of finals action – regardless of Sunday’s meeting with the Hawks. On the other hand, if the Rats win, and the Wonders, Bears and Warriors all lose, an unlikely double chance is still possible. So it’s all to play for in front of their home crowd.

East Side Hawks

The Hawks narrow loss to the minor premiers has left them relying on other results to reach the major round. If the Roys and Bombers both stumble, and the Hawks knock off the Rats, they should sneak in. It’s a fascinating end to the minor round: if I had a dollar for every possible permutation, I reckon I could buy a very nice villa on Sydney Harbour!!!

Thunderdome Battle 1: Power Raid v Loonerty

By my calculations, the Rats full forward needs to crack the half dozen this week, to claim the prize as the club’s leading goal kicker. If the Hawks’ former skipper can quell his influence, it’ll go some way towards helping his team to take home a vital 4 points.

Thunderdome Battle 2: ant555 v Noobz0r

Noobz had 18 possessions and 4 marks against the league leaders yesterday, and will need to be on his game against a man who has just brought up his 300th game. The midfield battle often determines the result, so this should be a pivotal match up.

Thunderdome Battle 3: Fizzler v The Filth Wizard

The newest father in the SFA (congratulations again Filthy) would love nothing more than to kick a bag this week, and lead his team into the finals. His opposite number will have his hands full, but will enter the clash with a bit of confidence after holding the Dragons spearhead to just 3 goals yesterday.

Tip Get your battle gear on and get ready to rumble. Obviously I’ll get lynched if I tip the Hawks, so I’ll say the Rats by 9 points in a cracker of a contest.

583300_43b91d03081cf81014060c43937fda54.gif

Captains to name their teams by 11.59pm on Thursday, and post in the Team Submissions thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well encouragingly you have form with flip flopping so we'll see how that opinion is next season.

Will be watching less next year (family reasons) anyway. Happy to watch a game here and there.

What in the world is this madness.
Hawks basically out of the finals, while the Swamprats are in them?

This is the reason I left the Rats, except it was the other way around and well, * it... it's late. You all know what I mean.

Good morning,

Is it just me or have only two of the Hawks showed up? Poor form. I demand to see por_please_ya and The Jesus by the end of the day or there's going to be trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back