Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys vs Mount Buller Demons at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

1666006611086.png
And so we reach the penultimate home and away round of Season 34 of the Sweet FA. The weather has warmed, the flowers are blooming, strategic media drops for beez votes is occurring and for some, planning for Mad Monday is well and truly underway.

As it was not designated in the fixture, ladder and statistics thread, this author declares this match of the round (for now at least…)!

THE SEASON THUS FAR:

Old Boys- 3 and 2 from their last five

The new team on the block has had a topsy-turvy season failing to string more than two wins in a row. There has been much to like from the 13th team though- good rookies, well-regarded and lively match threads, a superstar forward and many fine individual seasons. Bonz has franked themselves as the forward of this generation to sit second in the Fred medal and yet despite this, it is defence that has been the Old Boys greatest asset. The Old Boys defence sits second in the league for points against at just 88 points per match- a credit to their back line where the experience of BRAB and haydo has been well utilised.

Demons- on a five match losing streak

What the fish is going on?!?

The Demons shot of the cannon this season and were looking oh so comfortable on top with a five and nil record however since being roughed up by the Bombers in round seven, the folk at Mount Buller haven’t won again and have slid to seventh. A concern for the Dees is the leaky defence- conceding over 103 points per match on average which is the worst in the eight. A slight reset there and finals are a likelihood as the percentage remains above 100 and ahead of the chasing pack.

stare down.jpg
Stare down! Two evenly matched teams prepare for a qooty battle.

LAST TIME THEY MET:

Maiden meeting between these two clubs.

STATTY STUFF:

Recruit Greenery leads Mount Buller for disposals, kicks and Dreamteam points.
Tarkyn_24 has been a tackling machine this season with 67 already- this represents the highest average tackles of any player who has played ten plus games.
Seven Ophidian players have recorded a hit out so far this season- the second highest in the league.
BRAB has been outstanding at full back this season conceding five goals just once!

A MOMENT FOR HISTORY…:

Hate looks set to write themselves (literally as the league stat historian) into the record books as the first player to 2100 hitouts. Hate currently has 2098 one behind the recently retired Larrakin. I hope someone good is commentating the moment!

ROOKIE WATCH:

Plenty of rookies at Spotswood, with five expected to line up at the weekend. From the backline, The Cryptkeeper has been dynamite from the half back line while Fleabane does the dirty defensive work at centre half back. While up forward, Over The Post and Mrs Turbo have been wonderful contributors combining for 15 goals and almost 1000 dream team points. If only they’d sweet talk the umpires a bit- MrsT has given away 17 frees while receiving just 4. Finally, FireKrakouer has recently earned their way back into the Ophidian twenty, in the position made famous by Headless- interchange. If the EKA and Rising Star scouts aren’t taking a close look at some of these players, they’re not doing it right!

I’m too new to the league to understand the joke, but I believe sausageroll is considered a rookie too so I guess the demons have one :shrug:.

BABY BYE BYE BYE:

This week, the Swamprats have the bye. Might be some gatecrashing from the folk of Sin City or just some jokes from Mr Reich.

AND FINALLY:

A small joke for the road- did you honestly think I could resist?

Recently, I was recently hospitalised with a peekaboo injury.
They took me straight to the ICU.

Enjoy your week.

Skippers, please get your valid team sheet submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm AEDST this Thursday.

View attachment 1538429
And so we reach the penultimate home and away round of Season 34 of the Sweet FA. The weather has warmed, the flowers are blooming, strategic media drops for beez votes is occurring and for some, planning for Mad Monday is well and truly underway.

As it was not designated in the fixture, ladder and statistics thread, this author declares this match of the round (for now at least…)!

THE SEASON THUS FAR:

Old Boys- 3 and 2 from their last five

The new team on the block has had a topsy-turvy season failing to string more than two wins in a row. There has been much to like from the 13th team though- good rookies, well-regarded and lively match threads, a superstar forward and many fine individual seasons. Bonz has franked themselves as the forward of this generation to sit second in the Fred medal and yet despite this, it is defence that has been the Old Boys greatest asset. The Old Boys defence sits second in the league for points against at just 88 points per match- a credit to their back line where the experience of BRAB and haydo has been well utilised.

Demons- on a five match losing streak

What the fish is going on?!?

The Demons shot of the cannon this season and were looking oh so comfortable on top with a five and nil record however since being roughed up by the Bombers in round seven, the folk at Mount Buller haven’t won again and have slid to seventh. A concern for the Dees is the leaky defence- conceding over 103 points per match on average which is the worst in the eight. A slight reset there and finals are a likelihood as the percentage remains above 100 and ahead of the chasing pack.

View attachment 1538430
Stare down! Two evenly matched teams prepare for a qooty battle.

LAST TIME THEY MET:

Maiden meeting between these two clubs.

STATTY STUFF:

Recruit Greenery leads Mount Buller for disposals, kicks and Dreamteam points.
Tarkyn_24 has been a tackling machine this season with 67 already- this represents the highest average tackles of any player who has played ten plus games.
Seven Ophidian players have recorded a hit out so far this season- the second highest in the league.
BRAB has been outstanding at full back this season conceding five goals just once!

A MOMENT FOR HISTORY…:

Hate looks set to write themselves (literally as the league stat historian) into the record books as the first player to 2100 hitouts. Hate currently has 2098 one behind the recently retired Larrakin. I hope someone good is commentating the moment!

ROOKIE WATCH:

Plenty of rookies at Spotswood, with five expected to line up at the weekend. From the backline, The Cryptkeeper has been dynamite from the half back line while Fleabane does the dirty defensive work at centre half back. While up forward, Over The Post and Mrs Turbo have been wonderful contributors combining for 15 goals and almost 1000 dream team points. If only they’d sweet talk the umpires a bit- MrsT has given away 17 frees while receiving just 4. Finally, FireKrakouer has recently earned their way back into the Ophidian twenty, in the position made famous by Headless- interchange. If the EKA and Rising Star scouts aren’t taking a close look at some of these players, they’re not doing it right!

I’m too new to the league to understand the joke, but I believe sausageroll is considered a rookie too so I guess the demons have one :shrug:.

BABY BYE BYE BYE:

This week, the Swamprats have the bye. Might be some gatecrashing from the folk of Sin City or just some jokes from Mr Reich.

AND FINALLY:

A small joke for the road- did you honestly think I could resist?

Recently, I was recently hospitalised with a peekaboo injury.
They took me straight to the ICU.

Enjoy your week.

Skippers, please get your valid team sheet submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm AEDST this Thursday.

Normally the Match of the Round is between the two teams with the highest ladder positions.

Normally the Match of the Round is between the two teams with the highest ladder positions.
Authors choice.
Two teams on 5-5 needing a win to lock in finals sounds like a pretty good match to me.

The match up between the clubs from the high country. (well we are at the foot of the high country, and our Snow Bunnies are better then the Demons).

Lost 5 in a row, maybe a Demon could start a thread where only posters who have lost their last 5 games can post.

Snow Bunnies
Please cease and desist.
Snow Bunny (or Bunnies) are registered trademarks to the Mount Buller Demons.

Any further use of said trademark will result in castration.

The match up between the clubs from the high country. (well we are at the foot of the high country, and our Snow Bunnies are better then the Demons).

Lost 5 in a row, maybe a Demon could start a thread where only posters who have lost their last 5 games can post.
We’re gonna win this week though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all, just popping in to offer my apologies. I'm in a flood zone and it's quite affected up here. I'm helping out where possible so won't be around this week.

Very sorry Demons, but I'm also taking the key to the Cellar with me, unlucky.

Have a great week everyone, and if I get the chance to occasionally pop in, I hope to do so.

Hello all, just popping in to offer my apologies. I'm in a flood zone and it's quite affected up here. I'm helping out where possible so won't be around this week.

Have a great week everyone, and if I get the chance to occasionally pop in, I hope to do so.
Stay safe mate. All the best.

Hope everything turns out OK for you and those around you mate. Good on you for pitching in.

Hopefully
1665888541468-png.1537513

Sorry coondog but just arrived back from our terrible trip away

Have some beef with you but will get to that very soon​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back