Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - East Side Hawks v Fighting Furies at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the sci-fi film Arrival. Been wanting to watch it for ages but needed to find the guts lol (alien films freak me out 🤣). So glad I watched it. It was brilliant. Such clever writing, meaningful. Didn't see that twist coming at all but it made perfect sense!

I've been listening to a linguistics podcast called Lingthusiasm and they have an episode about the film so now I can listen to that. Will be interesting to see how they saw things.

omgfridge I'm guessing you've seen it, being the movie buff you are!

Pickitt doesn't like being tagged in threads, it disturbs his burger flipping.
Spongebob Krabby Patty GIF

Just watched the sci-fi film Arrival. Been wanting to watch it for ages but needed to find the guts lol (alien films freak me out 🤣). So glad I watched it. It was brilliant. Such clever writing, meaningful. Didn't see that twist coming at all but it made perfect sense!

I've been listening to a linguistics podcast called Lingthusiasm and they have an episode about the film so now I can listen to that. Will be interesting to see how they saw things.

omgfridge I'm guessing you've seen it, being the movie buff you are!
Of course, Denis Villeneuve (director) is on a generational run of bangers, he doesn't miss.

1713983604475.png

Sci-Fi is the goated genre of films then horror/westerns for mine.

Of course, Denis Villeneuve (director) is on a generational run of bangers, he doesn't miss.

View attachment 1969827

Sci-Fi is the goated genre of films then horror/westerns for mine.
I’ve never really been a big movie guy but Prisoners is so damn good, absolutely loved it.

Might have to check out the others on this list.

Oooh I would like to check out Dune even though I've never read it.
I saw Dune without reading it, saw it with my two mates who had read it. I came out very confused and they were both raving about how good it was.

I still enjoyed it though

You must be enjoying the Fall Out series then.

I just finished episode 7, will try to watch the last 1 tonight.

Utterly brilliant, they've absolutely nailed the aesthetic of the games.

Sure have, im only 2 episodes in, I've had countless cracks at the game and appreciate every part of it.

Although I have noticed that Bloodsport is leaving Prime soon, so I better get on that.

80s JCVD is peak JCVD.

We have a very similar taste for TV/Movie friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will miss my dose of Toby. :sadv1:
No doubt they’ll show his toughness over and over though. 😬 :laughv1:

Toby's just misunderstood, that's all. He means well.

You must be enjoying the Fall Out series then.
I couldn't believe how good it was. My favourite video game series.

Last one is so epic, ending was so hype.

I'm also struggling to resist buying the pipboy on the bethesda website...

I’ve never really been a big movie guy but Prisoners is so damn good, absolutely loved it.

Might have to check out the others on this list.
I'm due a rewatch of it, only ever seen it once.

Was just looking up physical copies of it, what a trio of films with Gyllenhaal (already own those other two)

1714058987452.png

I'm due a rewatch of it, only ever seen it once.

Was just looking up physical copies of it, what a trio of films with Gyllenhaal (already own those other two)

View attachment 1971061
Had a friend show it to me maybe a year or two after it came out, I hadn’t even heard of it and couldn’t believe Gyllenhaal and Jackman were both in it.

Although he pointed out the weird way Gyllenhaal blinks throughout and I couldn’t not notice it.

Had a friend show it to me maybe a year or two after it came out, I hadn’t even heard of it and couldn’t believe Gyllenhaal and Jackman were both in it.

Although he pointed out the weird way Gyllenhaal blinks throughout and I couldn’t not notice it.
Why did you tell me that?

I will now have to watch his entire catalogue and see if its consistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back