Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Ophidian Old Boys v Roys FFC at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure my bending over has to do with that tiara filling your mouth, but hey I'm game! :tearsofjoy:
judd apatow comedy GIF

I need to bring up this really nice touch. In the match opener (above), FootyGuy13 has included the text "This is BRAB's 250th game at this level".

Now this might look like a gift of the Sim, but I know for a fact that it's been edited in manually, and simply formatted to simulate how the Sim would include it. Nobody simming matches has every game BRAB has been in, in their copy of the program. In fact, the function which says "first game at this level" is basically useless in the Sweet FA because Simmers don't use the Sim in a way that fully retains this data.

So this is like an homage to my original code, as well as making a space to acknowledge the player for their milestone.

I'm chuffed.
It also hecks up the sim check process but sure, it’s cool

What a tough game! Spotswood Oval held up well under the rainy weather - both teams handled the ball quite well and the scores still ticked along regardless the wet ball. It was a good game to experience tbf. OOBs scared the bejeezus out of us when EJ and co started banging on goals and erasing the lead in moments. Fortunately we had a pretty potent forward half that were able to build enough goals to get the win.

Reardo and 3KZ is Football were probably our strongest, linking up down the RHS to produce a lot of scoring opportunities, with Reardo pinching a number for himself! Poor MrsEddieBetts didn't get onto the ground but I could hear her teeth grinding at me every time I ran past ensuring he upped my pace a little. DERRINALPHIL battled real well in the ruck though Tigerturbulance was exceptional all day and bested our guy most of the time. King Tenz was always dangerous and pushed us, I thought myblueroan was also pretty damaging but must have pulled up short, getting benched with 10 mins to go. I don't wanna scare you but ... well ... Clag? Horses sure can't take sickies, I reckon they take wellies ;)

Mooch still doesn't understand angles, Irish BlueBagger is surprisingly violent for a ... oh, yeah, and ... wait a minute. Did we only make ONE INTERCHANGE ALL GAME???????? Wtf that's insanely rare.

Thanks OOBs, it was a great game of Qooty. It was also an amazing fun thread all week! I felt like our team was really warmly welcomed along with our weirdarse schtick! So many OOBs showed and sparred and jokes and funned and chatted and I loved the entire week!

FootyGuy13 thanks for posting the game, philreich thanks for momentarily thinking you'd be posting the game , serial_thrilla thanks for randomly annoying me mid-match , thanks to all the team that make this and all matches possible, it's a hell of an accomplishment.

We DIDN'T thrash the OOBs, they WON'T be in danger of losing top spot, but we WILL thrash the kegs tonight if you'll have us in for some trail mix and chasers!

Yay Roys!
To Mrs Turbo we go!

Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Anti-Nowhere League... hadn't thought of them for ages.

Another band I haven't heard lately were the 4 Skins, I wonder if they ever played Aus?

Great name in any case.

The good days are gone now since Australia stopped building their own cars

New cars mostly suck anyways... nothing you want (like a manual transmission), larded up with dumb s**t you hate ('drivers aids' and touchscreens and spy systems).

Well hell, we really wanted to bring that one home for BRAB, but the qooty didn't bounce our way this time around...

In any case, this was a great match week, one of the best I can recall with the Roys in my short time here. Great game for you, congrats on the win.

Thanks much for the time and posts, FootyGuy13!

I hear you, but if the sim check process clashes with something that adds value then it's the former that would need to make room.
I plan on fixing the sim check process… one day

New cars mostly suck anyways... nothing you want (like a manual transmission), larded up with dumb s**t you hate ('drivers aids' and touchscreens and spy systems).
Getting harder to get a key ignition - my new Triton still had it at the GLX level, but if I went up a level, all push button start. Have turned off some of the tech, lane assist is a pain in the arse, would have liked that little light in the side mirror if someone beside you rather than lane assist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back