Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 18- Las Vegas Bears v Sin City Swamprats at The Stadium in the Sky (Friday Night Qooty)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1988255

Round 18 - Friday Night, 17 May 2024
Las Vegas Bears v Sin City Swamprats at The Stadium in the Sky

Current Standings

View attachment 1988243View attachment 1988242

Last Time They Met

Last time these two sides met, it was deemed a MOTR and boy did it deliver. The Bears travelled to The Underground and exploded out of the blocks to a 27 point lead...however the rest of the day is one they'll want to forget as Sin City turned up the heat, kicked the next 13?! goals for an 87 point turnaround. Las Vegas would hit back but still fall some 6-ish goals short. Both these sides are big momentum teams, having strong bursts on the field that result in goals quickly

Who to watch (on-field)

As expected in such a high scoring game, two forwards at either end of the field went at it for BOTD (Bag of the day). In their previous meeting, okeydoke7 just beat out Cap with 7 goals to 6, both showing their prowess and reason for being a headache for opposition coaches.

Who to watch (off-field)
The two biggest contributors off the field were Millky95 and Ant Bear - some may surmise they were the greatest motivators for their respective teams, some might say the biggest sh*t talkers. I'll let you lot be the judge.

What it means
  • An away win for the Rats all but secures them a finals berth in Season 37, as well as celebrating Ant Bear and ShaunDuggan's milestone games.
  • A home win for the Bears goes a long way to remaining in finals contention, getting JoshWoodenSpoon closer to playing his 200th in a finals game
Who takes the chocolates

With only 1 win secured by jackster83 and his crew in the last 5 games (including a draw, wtf), they could not be trending in a worse direction. Are they meeting the Bears at the right time though, who themselves have only won 2 of the last 9, with a win against the Wonders two weeks ago the lone bright star. This game is really going to set the future spiralling in opposite directions for each of these clubs, and I expect it to be a fast furious matchup with tony rallying his troops over the line.

Prediction: Las Vegas Bears by 11 points.

Captains, please have your teamsheets in the appropriate aforementioned time, Thursday 11:59 AWST, preferably earlier as your game is to be played on FRIDAY 17th May

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

And without further ado, it's time to wow the fans and the qooty media with our Friday night qooty lineup:

rats-logo-png.1282206

Sin City Swamprats Official Team Sheet

S37 R18 vs Las Vegas Bears @ Stadium in the Sky (Friday Night Qootball)

B: paraaaa / Rodney Dangerfield / Power Raid
HB: RPCB / spookism / Ticky009
C: jackster83 / GotTheGoodes / ant555
HF: My Cotchin Rules / GremioPower / Ant Bear
F: Jewelsbon / okeydoke7 / edgie
FOLL: damicky / BloodySwan / philreich
INT: HirdsTheWord / sataris

Changes:
sataris FP > INT
Jewelsbon INT > FP
Power Raid HBF > BP
RPCB BP > HBF
All the changes? No faith in your side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw some stunning pics 80km (if that) outside Perth but no, I didn’t go

I have been to Lapland. Best Christmas ever and the last Christmas before the world changed forever.
Are you George Michael?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back