Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 19 - Sin City Swamprats v Roys FFC at Underground Stadium (WEDNESDAY QOOTY)

Remove this Banner Ad

no, did you make up the words
"Jeu de paume" nowadays known as real tennis, (US) court tennis or (in France) courte paume, is a ball-and-court game that originated in France. [Wikipedia]

I think it translates to "game of hands" or something similar.

Must be something similar to how "football"'s origination came from "game played on foot" (because previous ballsports were played on horseback). I am guessing tennis originated being carried around by drones hanging tied by the ankles.

"Jeu de paume" nowadays known as real tennis, (US) court tennis or (in France) courte paume, is a ball-and-court game that originated in France. [Wikipedia]

I think it translates to "game of hands" or something similar.

Must be something similar to how "football"'s origination came from "game played on foot" (because previous ballsports were played on horseback). I am guessing tennis originated being carried around by drones hanging tied by the ankles.
so handball? but that's different

btw what happened to the Belarus player who was part of the Roys? I can't remember his name, or if TDC discovered him

so handball? but that's different

btw what happened to the Belarus player who was part of the Roys? I can't remember his name, or if TDC discovered him
Was that Bhyt? I can never find the references anymore 'cause I can't remember how TDC used to spell him :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HirdsTheWord I've done a quick flick through the past Swampies team sheets and see that this season you were called up to the bench in Rd 6, where you've been since. You did manage a 3 goal game a couple rounds back, but otherwise you've not bothered the scoreboard. In your defense, you've had a solid career and kicked 4 goals on 2 occasions, and 5 goals once in Season 33 (our premiership season). Against the Roys, you've had hauls of 3, 2, 0, 0,0 & 0. That's not bad!

The haul of 3 v the Roys was also during our premiership season S33, which game the Roys won by 15 points. During that match, we both had dreamteam returns in the 60s (you 63, I 68). [S33R08 on SweetFA+]

jackster83 your reference to the Old Boys as "spOOBs" made me LOL :D

( I vaguely know HtW from some International Politics threads where as we all know, we get the shit kicked out of us if we can't go and get data to back up our claims, along with links to sources :) )

I can make up terms too, such as the Warriors winning a flag.
giphy.gif

ok jackster83 finals are here so i arrive.

who am i kicking 6 on
It's our last game before finals. Win this (which seems a formality at this point) and we finish top 4.

I think we can find you a forward line spot.

HirdsTheWord I've done a quick flick through the past Swampies team sheets and see that this season you were called up to the bench in Rd 6, where you've been since. You did manage a 3 goal game a couple rounds back, but otherwise you've not bothered the scoreboard. In your defense, you've had a solid career and kicked 4 goals on 2 occasions, and 5 goals once in Season 33 (our premiership season). Against the Roys, you've had hauls of 3, 2, 0, 0,0 & 0. That's not bad!

The haul of 3 v the Roys was also during our premiership season S33, which game the Roys won by 15 points. During that match, we both had dreamteam returns in the 60s (you 63, I 68). [S33R08 on SweetFA+]

jackster83 your reference to the Old Boys as "spOOBs" made me LOL :D

( I vaguely know HtW from some International Politics threads where as we all know, we get the s**t kicked out of us if we can't go and get data to back up our claims, along with links to sources :) )

i scared you enough to go looking at stats.

the fear is palpable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back