Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Former MVP Shaun Alexander cut

We all knew this was coming. Once they picked up JJ and Duckett, it was just a matter of time. I don't think he has anything left. He has been injured, he's 30 and he had that fat contract. He just didn't seem to have that hunger once he got paid. Nonetheless, a very nice career. Possibly HoF material.

I agree.
SA did very well for himself. Carried the Seahawks for a few campaigns and what more can you ask for expect no RING?

HoF is questionable on how many other great RB's are lining up before him but in 10 years, we'll look back and say, gee, he was the Seahawks in the mid 00's. Wonder how the Seahawk fans are coping with this 'sudden' career cull? Did SA go out on his own terms?

I can't say I am surprised by it but still, it is sad to see him go. I just fear whereever he goes he might just have a very good season. I just hope we don't regret the decision

dunno, he's copped a heap of flack in seattle.

depending on his competitiveness, i wouldnt be surprised if he decides to take a backseat to a starter somewhere as a tandem.........perhaps in warmer climes.

he hasnt got much too lose, but a lot to prove.

EDIT: by prove, i mean that he's not a has-been.

damn , if my vikes didn't have either of chester or AD , i'd say pounce like there was no tommorrow. but all i really have to say after his MVP season a few season ago that the only way to go from the top is down and it was bound to happen sooner or later , unfortunately it was sooner.

Shame to see that all go down. He appears to be a top-class guy and they jumped off the boat as soon as he declined a little bit... always appeared to have injury concerns during his career. The only time he strung it together he went MVP :thumbsu:

Sure he will find a nice job somewhere for 10-15 carries a game and some of those will be big games!

I wouldn't want him as a backup. He's not an ideal change of pace back and isn't that good out of the backfield.

Shoot him then.

True, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some cap hit that a team would have to take to sign him under that whizzbang contract he got.

Anyway, is this the ultimate example of the Madden Cover curse? The last couple have been absolutely stinko after their run on the Madden cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see him run last season Zarko?

TBH, I reckon he's done mentally more than physically.

No doubt the guy can play but he's going to have a hell of a time convincing teams he still has the hunger.

He'll probably still be available when teams start camp and will probably get signed as a backup if someone gets injured.

Agree with JD. Last 2 seasons have been disappointing. Funnily enough since Steve Hutchinson left, he's form & average have dropped off dramatically.

Plus as other teams have shown, you're better off taking a chance with an undrafted FA than a 30+ yo RB in regards to salary cap.

Maybe as a backup on minimal pay, but would be surprised if any team pays him decent $$$.

Man, if he cant even get a contract offer from the Bengals i have no idea where he is gona end up, i know its early in the offseason\training camp and injuries happen, but if the pats are interested in Kevin Jones over SA then the league must think very low on this once great RB.

Will be a third stringer most likely... Bargain if he gets 'the hunger' again (Which we have already talked about JD + TGBB :p)

If someone gets him at rock bottom price... You never know :)

Here the thing I see with Alexander. When he was one of the best half backs in the league he wasn't the fastest guy in the league but he had tremendous vision and his speed was enough to get him to the paths he saw. Now he has got slower and I think he still has the same awareness but the holes are closed before he gets there.

Does anyone rate the seahawks for the 08 season?

Just wanted everyone's thoughts on how the seahawks will go this season given the recent success? will they make it to the playoffs again?

Re: Does anyone rate the seahawks for the 08 season?

Probably, but by virtue of a poor division, though all other teams should see an increase in productivity next year, especially in the 49ers camp and the Rams getting a large amount of important injuries back... Arizone on the way up as well.

Jones and Duckett RBBC will be interesting, many highly rate Jones to do well this year but I don't see it happening tbh... Hasselbeck is a quality QB and should mean the O is just as productive in passing next year... The D is interesting, don't really know how that will turn out, and they are poor travellers... IMHO they will no longer be the leaders of the NFC West, with the Cards taking over IF Leinart can prove his potential... Maybe even drop to third id Martz can get the 49ers O to actually fire...

The D is interesting

I reckon that they would have one of the better starting linebacker corps going about with Hill, Tatupu and Peterson, some good young ends in Tapp and now Jackson to compliment Kerney and then Trufant at CB.
There may be a couple of holes but i dont really know much about their DT's or safeties to be honest.
I'd be pretty happy if the saints could get a D that was looking this good on paper

As Zarko said, they will probaly get in virtue of a s**t division. They did last year and i can only see the Cards challenging them (Real Boom or Bust team).

Their D is impressive but i have my queries at RB. Also can Hasselback stay healthy? And are their receivers going to hang onto the ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back