Media SFA expansion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at the plebs who have been sucked in by my title.

Expansion will be discussed post season. Not before.

But if you had to pick 5 players from the league history in their prime to build a side around who would you pick and why? Plus which 5 current players would you pick and why?

Previous 5

Mobbenfuhrer- Despite being a decidedly average sledger his work rate is outstanding.
Ljp86- Before he became soft used to be a star
Wally- Most of you know him as an inactive. But was the man who formed the East Side arrogance.
Dougthelegend- Fantastic captain plus the sim loved him.
Tarkyn_24- Despite being a douche he transformed into one of the true great.

Current 5

IMS
StFly
Beez
ShaunDuggan
Tarkyn_24

IMS
StFly
Beez
ShaunDuggan

All the activity any side would ever need.

Edit: I think Easty would be keen for a captain gig at a new side and would be a worthy and somewhat stable addition to that list.

In: Easty
Out: StFly, who would endlessly confuse new posters with his unique posting style.

Both first year players. We have no idea of former players.

The first two replies were from two first year players so how are they going to pick a side of players they have never heard of?

EDIT: damn you and your ninja skills Deddy

Both first year players. We have no idea of former players.

The first two replies were from two first year players so how are they going to pick a side of players they have never heard of?

EDIT: damn you and your ninja skills Deddy

Pfft, go read through some old threads you jerks.

I'm with Boncer, Deddy, your effort was rubbish and you should be ashamed.

Mine was fine.

Edit: If we were being picky, you didn't give reasons to your current 5 but being OP I guess you don't have to set a good example.

Pfft, go read through some old threads you jerks.

I'm with Boncer, Deddy, your effort was rubbish and you should be ashamed.

Mine was fine.

Edit: If we were being picky, you didn't give reasons to your current 5 but being OP I guess you don't have to set a good example.

So where's your top 5 former players wise guy?

I did say my list was fine but if you insist:

Axel
Kerby
Boncer
HawkPatrol
Ljp86

In their prime the above posters threw punches fast, hard and often.
These posters would be ideal for an expansion side as they could hide early low levels of activity under a barrage of insults and would form a reputation that would scare many a young SFA player.

Otherwise I'm sure you could just creat a list of ex deamon captains. It's important to form an identity and culture early...

Legends
(on shakey ground here)

Mobbenfuhrer - Obvious Choice
EKA - Figure anyone with an award named after them has to be quality
Fred - Longevity and has a cool name
Ninty/Winty - Gotta have the twin towers and they count as one
Boncer - To take the heat and keep on ticking plus you could sim the matches and bring some simmers luck ;)

Current Stars
(still shakey)

StreetFly - I'm biased but the guy is an accumulator and great at conforming through non-conformity
BILC - Takes effort to post well in a less active side
PMS - I'd have to have someone to sledge in the team thread plus who else shold be selected 3rd
Marklar - I like his style and we all need a bit of mothering
WAG/Logger - Changed my mind a second time and cheated because I want the EKA set from my debut year ;)

/gold-fish

Legends

Mobbenfuhrer - non-debatable. Only reason the Roys still exist in my mind.
Ljp86 - Work is underrated now... does more in the leadership role that isn't in the public eye but in his prime was a level above.
EKA - Captained the first two premiership sides didn't he? That's reason enough.
Boncer34 - With the more level headed posters around him he'd be able to fully unleash... would be virtually unstoppable.
Axel. - Every team needs an activity spammer, and from my limited time around here, Axel seemed to be the best at it.

Current Stars

StFly - He will take the Gumbies places. Level headed and has a unique and effective posting style. (replaceable with IMS, ClarkeM or Reardo)
WishinAintGettin - He brings posters into the game with his posting style. The less confident and active players find it easier to get into a thread after WAG's lead. (replaceable with WGS)
beez - Similar reasons to WAG, but is a level above pretty much anyone else in the league. (replaceable with BILC).
TheTommyGun - Every team needs an antagoniser, and while we are short on for them at the moment, TTG would be close to best in the business at it. (Replaceable with Boncer34.. with J3V capable of playing that role)
Easty - Yep, I include myself in this, because I think I probably have the best list management skills going around. (replaceable with WGS again, or Eth)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olden Days - Really just stabbing in the dark based on reputation
Ljp - because everyone keeps banging on about how good he was
Boncer - media mogul and antagoniser, also a good mentor
Mobbenfuhrer (c) - recruiter, administrator, genius.
Axel. - spammer
Stats. - someone the noobs could relate to.

Current Players
Easty(c) - hard working, relatable, great list management, good banterer to boot.
IMS - great righthand man, hard working, high post count, can be the aggressive enforcer where required.
WAG - brings a more cereberal posting style, sets a high standard for the noobs.
Deddy - poster still with a lot of potential but already highly rated, good banterer and great example for the noobs to follow
SKM - every team needs someone to take the heat off the new players, so they aren't the target of too much too early. SKM has the most potential of "teh flogtacular bros." (J3V, SKM and whoever the latest league kicking bag is, probably TTG) and yet will happily soak up most of the punishment while others grow in confidence.

This list is based on the idea that apart from these five and maybe a few others, the rest of the team will be largely noobs. Boncer, eth and Reardo unlucky to miss out.

Old
Pacey
Okey
Mobbs
Boncer (before he got soft)
Broken

New
Me (before I got busy)
Reardo
WGS
Beez
IMS

Past

Mobbenfuhrer (the godfather of the SFA)
EKA (One of the all time greats)
Pacey (high quality back in his day)
Okey (everyone needs a flog)
Ljp86 (one of the better captains)

New

Me (Freak)
Easty (Great management and dedication)
Reardo (Raises overall team sexiness)
BILC (best poster in the league)
ShaunDuggan (Brings more quality)

Legends
Mobbs - Helps keep the league alive.
Boncer - Flog. ;)
Ljp86 - Not only a great leader, dominated in his day, quality poster.
Doggiesin08 - Great leader and administrator.
EFL Boy - Put a lot of work into his posting and created a lot of activity, underrated. Was one of the posters I looked up too.

Current Players
Easty - Quality poster - helps with a lot of work around the Dragons.
BILC - Quality poster, probably one of the best.
Beez - Everyone needs a spelling and grammar nazi.
IMS - He brings quality to the table.
WGS - Will be the best out in a couple of seasons.

I don't have enough information about previous seasons and I'm not going to be a sheep and just copy everyone else.

Current 5 (Reserves in brackets)

peterss (loopy_cam) - There needs to be an inactive captain.
skm (Jobe) - Obviously someone who is just utterly s**t and starts meaningless threads.
IMS (beez) - Someone who just sits at work with Bigfooty open from 9-5 to
keep things rolling along
Logger - An arty person who brings something different
Frothies (Gibbsy) - The young one who is both an awesome poster and has red/auburn/strawberry blonde/fire hair

Old School

Pacemaker
Okeydoke
Boncer
Mobbenfuhrer
LJP

Now Crew

Frothies
Freakie
Easty
BILC
IMS

There's no school like the old school.:thumbsu:

I really shouldn't I've got a busy day tommorow..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back