Shane Crawford v Beaver Menzies

Remove this Banner Ad

Was down the pub today watching the rugby league GF and there was a massive roar when Menzies scored that try to seal the GF.

Reckon the Beaver beats Crawf hands down for fairytales, for one he had already announced he was retiring from the NRL and for two he scored a try right at the finish, which is equivalent to an AFL player kicking the winning goal from outside 50. Crawford did neither.

So Beaver Menzies > Showpony Crawford

Was down the pub today watching the rugby league GF and there was a massive roar when Menzies scored that try to seal the GF.

Reckon the Beaver beats Crawf hands down for fairytales, for one he had already announced he was retiring from the NRL and for two he scored a try right at the finish, which is equivalent to an AFL player kicking the winning goal from outside 50. Crawford did neither.

Crawfords > Harveys. :rolleyes::D

Crawfords > Harveys. :rolleyes::D

On what basis? He was lucky enough to be part of a premiership team?

Anyway I like Crawf really, glad he got himself a flag. Just wish Harvey could of done the same.

Doesn't make Crawf better than Harves though, just luckier. :thumbsu:

On what basis? He was lucky enough to be part of a premiership team?

Anyway I like Crawf really, glad he got himself a flag. Just wish Harvey could of done the same.

Doesn't make Crawf better than Harves though, just luckier. :thumbsu:

Purely fairytale factor!

Crawford after 17 years finally gets a flag is better then Harveys which unfourtunately didn't end how I think most of us hoped.. that's all.

Purely fairytale factor!

Crawford after 17 years finally gets a flag is better then Harveys which unfourtunately didn't end how I think most of us hoped.. that's all.

Yeah not sure how that jumbled post backs your argument that Crawf is better than Harves, each to his own though.

I actually like both of them as players and people, but choose Harves simply because I am an insanely biased St Kilda supporter. Call me old fashioned.

he scored a try right at the finish, which is equivalent to an AFL player kicking the winning goal from outside 50. Crawford did neither.

The game was well and truly over by then, so saying his junk time try is the equivalent of a winning goal from outside 50 is just ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err, **** no. Beaver isn't retiring, he is going to England for $$$$$$$:rolleyes:

Crawford > Greedy Beaver

As far as the fairytale goes I'll say Crawford over Menzies. Menzies already has a Premiership which he won in a time when playing for Manly meant playing for the most loathed team with the the most loathed supporters in the NRL. Menzies is an all round baby kissing, charity working, doing it for Mum and the family PR dream nice guy; so to see him go out a winner was good. The Storm are the new Manly anyway.

Crawford, love him or hate him has shown great loyalty to his team and played a very good game in the GF. The emotion that overwhelmed him as spoke right after the game was incredible to watch and it's good that sometimes, long serving and loyal players can get the finish they crave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back