Shaun Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd much prefer Renshaw to open the batting for the moment. Marsh could easily bat 5 or 6 and give us some stability.

shaun's form lately deserves to be in the side yes the early years he was gifted games he didn't deserve. but he has been great the last year or two. deserves his spot. his brother mitch on the other hand should be no where near the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bampity bumpity chuckity chuck away his wickety bump turnip.
So this guy's your next rant? Excellent, watch him make a ton second dig :thumbsu:. Oh and really, his dismissal was really the only one that didn't throw it away.

Against arguably the worst test team in the world, worse than Zimbabwe, good form? I could have scored 100 against WI and I haven't played cricket since I was 12. Look at the previous 2 tests against a lineup just as s**t to see his real form.

And a good Asian tour? Please. Sure, got a ton, but has played a whopping 3 tests out of 19 in Asia. Where has he played most I hear you asking?
3 Sri Lanka (5 in, 78.6)
3 South Africa
2 West Indies
1 England
9 Australia (7 vs India)

How about this stat, he has an amazing average of 25 across 9 tests in Australia, 25!

But since we're talking about his traveling to India, lets have a look at his innings record against them:

Comes in at a lovely 22.58, and all those innings have been in Australia. India aren't Sri Lanka, and he's not going to belt 150 off a pretty damn decent bowling attack on their turning pitches. If he plays anything true to form (2 fifties in 12 innings, more ducks than 50's mind you), he'll score 1, maybe 2 fifties in the tour and generally look like an idiot when he gets out.

And while I'm shitting all over his stats, he's played 10 tests in 2 years for 2 centuries and 4 fifties. He played that 1 laughable failure in England, left that test with a whopping average of 1 run per innings.

I think I've said enough.

The stats are all there for you to see for yourself. But next time someone quotes 40+ average over the 2 years, please consider the amazing ratio of innings that he scores less than 20 runs is almost 50% (9/19), with 4 of those innings less than 3 runs. He does well against Sri Lanka, but against India, no. Taking away Sri Lanka, his average is mighty s**t.
Its sinful to revel in glee within whose opinion is thus proven not to be folly, but words of truth, spoken by an angel.

Its sinful to revel in glee within whose opinion is thus proven not to be folly, but words of truth, spoken by an angel.
Just like Lyon, right?

*goes looking on YouTube for s**t Marsh's dismissals this series...*
Shaun's dismissal against Ashwin 5 years ago at Adelaide Oval missing a dead straight one was funny.

Also Hodge was comically overrated, would have averaged about 30 if he played for any real length of time. People cry about him being hard done by but he was like a Bevan getting found out in Test matches.

He is averaging 18; Handscomb is averaging 20, Warner 23. It's a tough series, at least he has stood up once with a half century (the other two don't have one yet) and hopefully he scores in the next dig. Still a better option than Khawaja.

He is averaging 18; Handscomb is averaging 20, Warner 23. It's a tough series, at least he has stood up once with a half century (the other two don't have one yet) and hopefully he scores in the next dig. Still a better option than Khawaja.
There's no way we'll ever know for sure because Usman didn't get a game. Still its pretty hilarious watching people praise Marsh for an average of 20 though.

There's no way we'll ever know for sure because Usman didn't get a game. Still its pretty hilarious watching people praise Marsh for an average of 20 though.
Is anyone praising Marsh though? Seems, like always, that his head is first on the chopping block, despite performing at about the same level as everyone bar Smith and Renshaw. Like the rest, he hasn't performed as he would like but another half century or century would be cause for reassessment.

As for Khawaja, he has had plenty of opportunities against spin and failed them all.

Is anyone praising Marsh though? Seems, like always, that his head is first on the chopping block, despite performing at about the same level as everyone bar Smith and Renshaw. Like the rest, he hasn't performed as he would like but another half century or century would be cause for reassessment.

As for Khawaja, he has had plenty of opportunities against spin and failed them all.
He rarely performs at a level equal to most players. He clearly performs at a level below those in the team, frequently worse than.

He rarely performs at a level equal to most players. He clearly performs at a level below those in the team, frequently worse than.
Handscomb is averaging 19 to Marsh's 18, with no half centuries to Marsh's 1. This is a low scoring series, only Smith and to a lesser extent Renshaw are covering themselves in glory. As for Marah's record over the past 18 months (Sri Lanka, Windies before that), he has clearly performed at or above the level of others in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back