The Law Shooting in Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

At least 5 dead now.
Thought it was a domestic initially.
Now looks far more sinister.

"At least four people are dead in Darwin after a gunman went on a shooting spree.
Northern Territory police duty superintendent Lee Morgan said a 45-year-old man is in custody. Officers expect to lay charges against him on Wednesday.

Morgan said police received calls about shots being fired in Darwin’s central business district at 5.50pm local time.

There were further reports of shots being fired in the neighbouring inner city suburb of Stuart Park followed by a sighting of the alleged offender in Woolner, he said.

At 6.45pm police arrested the man in Stuart Park without incident, Morgan said.

“At this stage we’ve got reports of four deceased and a number of other people who have been shot,” he told Guardian Australia.

Earlier, police had described the gunman as caucasian, wearing a high-vis shirt and driving a white dual-cab ute.

Witness Leah Potter said the gunman had a pump-action shotgun.

She said a woman was shot through her hotel room door at the Palms Motel on Darwin’s Esplanade at about 6pm.

“I was in the carpark [of a neighbouring hotel] when I heard what I thought were fireworks going off, really loud cracking, banging fireworks,” she told the ABC."

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-of-up-to-four-people-dead-in-darwin-shooting

''The alleged shooter, described by police as a 45-year-old Caucasian man wearing high-vis workwear, then reportedly fled the first scene in his ute before driving to the suburb of Stuart Park and allegedly firing his gun again.''

What's he done; knocked off work and then gone on a massacre?

Sawn off shotgun and not a high capacity assault rifle thank *.

Lots of nutters in the NT.

Lived there (Darwin) for a few years in the mid 90's. The nutters usually come out in the wet season 'build up' when everyone goes batshit crazy.

Got my shooters license there (back in the day when you just walked into the local cop shop, answered a 10 question yes/ no 'safety test', got your photo taken, then popped next door to the gun shop and bought a SKS, SLR or an AR-15).

Thank * they changed the law.

''The alleged shooter, described by police as a 45-year-old Caucasian man wearing high-vis workwear, then reportedly fled the first scene in his ute before driving to the suburb of Stuart Park and allegedly firing his gun again.''

What's he done; knocked off work and then gone on a massacre?

Sawn off shotgun and not a high capacity assault rifle thank ****.
Thankfully he didn't have a knife, could have killed 20 people without anyone knowing.

I can make stupid statements that don't have anything to do with the incident as well.

Thanks for almost instantly derailing a thread with your politics.

Miserable Carlton sod.

'Discussions of gun laws have no place in a conversation about mass shootings'

Straight from the NRA playbook. Keep fighting the good fight.
You are just a walking cliche.

The incident is barely an hour old and you have politicised it.

Why can't we ignore mods again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully he didn't have a knife, could have killed 20 people without anyone knowing.

I can make stupid statements that don't have anything to do with the incident as well.

Thanks for almost instantly derailing a thread with your politics.

Miserable Carlton sod.
It's a good and pertinent point given the events of last few months. Get off your high horse.

Police. Just wearing greens.

The Army can only be called in in special circumstances (due to provisions in the Defence Act, and there has to be a formal handover to give control over a situation to the Military). Martial law, hostage situations etc.

The cops always go in first.

Police. Just wearing greens.

The Army can only be called in in special circumstances (due to provisions in the Defence Act, and there has to be a formal handover to give control over a situation to the Military). Martial law, hostage situations etc.

The cops always go in first.
I know. It's just very American to see them wearing greens. Very similar to what John Oliver was discussing a few years back.

The way this dude is kicking at the cops on the vision I’m saying this is ice related.
Read on Twitter (so not sure of validity) that was he was tasered. Someone mentioned a bikie connection earlier, but not sure where that's coming from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back