The Law Shooting in Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

I know. It's just very American to see them wearing greens. Very similar to what John Oliver was discussing a few years back.

Ive literally been part of the CT squadron here in Perth.

The cops do the cordon and go in first. Only when they form the view that the situation needs the military (too much for them to handle) do they do a formal handover to the local CT military commander, and he then becomes in charge (effectively turning the area into a mini war zone). It's effectively declaring martial law.

Once the handover is done, it becomes an Army thing (and not Police work). Among other things, this changes the Rules of Engagement (ROE), turning it from Police rules around the use of deadly force into Military ROE.

The Army can be a lot more liberal with it's use of deadly force than the Police can be (although there are still rules).

It would only happen when there are multiple shooters, and its something that needs a full CT squadron of 90 odd SASR or Commando operators.

The boys out on TAG East (Commandos) were mighty pissed off they didnt get the handover with the Lindt cafe thing a while back, but it was only one shooter so it remained with the SOG guys from the Cops.

Are you ex SF or just a pog looking for some street credit because he was posted to the same unit as the heavy hitters? Genuinely curious.

The cops do the cordon and go in first. Only when they form the view that the situation needs the military (too much for them to handle) do they do a formal handover to the local CT military commander, and he then becomes in charge (effectively turning the area into a mini war zone). It's effectively declaring martial law.

Once the handover is done, it becomes an Army thing (and not Police work). Among other things, this changes the Rules of Engagement (ROE), turning it from Police rules around the use of deadly force into Military ROE.

The Army can be a lot more liberal with it's use of deadly force than the Police can be (although there are still rules).

It would only happen when there are multiple shooters, and its something that needs a full CT squadron of 90 odd SASR or Commando operators.

The boys out on TAG East (Commandos) were mighty pissed off they didnt get the handover with the Lindt cafe thing a while back, but it was only one shooter so it remained with the SOG guys from the Cops.
I'm not saying it was the army, I was more commenting on the uniform.

Are you ex SF or just a pog looking for some street credit because he was posted to the same unit as the heavy hitters? Genuinely curious.

The term is spelt pogue.

And I'm not 'looking for street cred'. Just passing on information as to when a shooting situation switches from civil to military jurisdiction.

But it pleases me you're jelly, so there is that.

The term is spelt pogue.

And I'm not 'looking for street cred'. Just passing on information as to when a shooting situation switches from civil to military jurisdiction.

But it pleases me you're jelly, so there is that.
Okay so you were an attachment and had nothing to do with the heavy hitting. Should be a bit clearer next time, instead of insinuating you’re an operator. There are websites around shaming people who do that (not suggesting you do that).

Witnesses at the Palms Motel on McMinn St reported up to 20 shots fired, telling horrifying stories of the man allegedly calmly walking through the motel “looking for somebody”.

“He shot up all the rooms and he went to every room looking for somebody and he shot them all up, then we saw him rush out, jump into his Toyota pick-up, and rush off,” witness John Rose told the ABC.

Okay so you were an attachment and had nothing to do with the heavy hitting. Should be a bit clearer next time, instead of insinuating you’re an operator. There are websites around shaming people who do that (not suggesting you do that).

I didnt insinuate anything. And if someone ever tells you they're an ex-operator online, they're lying.

Minor thing and I guess it's inevitable their pictures would end up surfacing, but don't like some of the articles including pictures of witnesses. Imagine if you're a friend or relative and scrolling for information and see them pictured.

I have friends and family in Darwin and know that I'd have been pissed if I'd seen them pictured there and (thankfully) found out they were just a witness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Nah but, people kill people, not guns.
Guns don’t kill nobody n stuff”.
Teach a man to fish...,,,

SRP where a moderator and poster engage in a dick measuring competition and another makes a lame reference to some other politicial issue because to him its far more important to score points than discuss issues... all within an hour or 2 of people being murdered...

You must be so proud.

“Nah but, people kill people, not guns.
Guns don’t kill nobody n stuff”.
Teach a man to fish...,,,

A criminal out parole illegally obtained an illegal firearm. I am not sure how what you said is relevent to this event. Apart from maybe wanting to troll others in this thread into more bickering.

Buff club and Palms motel, thers some real shitbags in and around both of those locations. Bikie grub
Unfortunately more the norm than the exception up here now.....place has gone to s**t. Drug wrecked shitheads and kids thieving whatever whenever.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back