Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Should the AFL have a LGBTQIA+ pride round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on your definition of transitioning, between 3% and 0.15% of people who transition regret transitioning.

I acknowledge that this still leaves a subset of the population that regrets their transition, but 3% of what is already a small percentage of the population (39 from 10,000 individuals) is much lower than the binary you're proposing as equal.

That examples exist does not entail that those examples are representative of a wider population.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

If you go by life expectancy, then male life expectancy is about 5 years behind women, which isn't mentioned in your gender comparison
If you cared to read the arguments that many feminists put forward, many of them do actually raise this. It’s proof that nobody, men or women, wins out when gender inequalities exist.

Modern feminists? Gone too far? Because only one in four women experience sexual violence these days? The number should be higher?

You think race equality has gone too far? Because average life expectancy of indigenous people is about a decade less than a non-indigenous person? You think that gap should be more?

And the LGBTQ equality movement has gone too far? Because 58% of LGBTQ young people aged 14-21 had seriously considered suicide in the last 12 months? You think that number should be higher?

They haven't gone too far, they haven't nearly gone far enough.

Some solid cherry picking going on here.

No I think we should have harsher penalties for rape and assault on women. My biggest issue with feminists is the wage gap and industry quotas crap they push. Plus the extreme pro abortion advocates.

I don't have a issue with the racial movements in Australia. I think we still have lots of work to do here. It's more with BLM type movements in the US.

I've already stated why I have issues with certain parts of the LGBTQ movements.

Some solid cherry picking going on here.

No I think we should have harsher penalties for rape and assault on women. My biggest issue with feminists is the wage gap and industry quotas crap they push.

I don't have a issue with the racial movements in Australia. I think we still have lots of work to do here. It's more with BLM type movements in the US.

I've already stated why I have issues with certain parts of the LGBTQ movements.
First of all, indigenous people have the same problems with racism and profiling within the police forces that African Americans do. You obviously haven't read any news in the last two weeks.

Secondly, it's not cherrypicking - they are the cold hard facts. Wage disparity is a part of the same problem that results in men thinking they are more valuable than women.

Your dismissal of LGBTQ equality contributes to a culture that makes them feel unworthy and creates the conditions that see such a high rate of depression and suicide in their society.

You are the one cherrypicking what you will support and what you will perpetuate, mate.

Religious beliefs. It's easy for us to call them dogma, but if we are told that we respect religious beliefs, then at least call them religious beliefs.

In any case it's no reason to be personally abusive to someone.
They are dogma. It's not easy to call them that, religious beliefs are dogma by definition.

Who is being personally abusive to someone? And if they are, is it worse than being generally abusive to groups of people you don't know?

The LGBTQ community also support chemical castration and double mastectomy surgery of young teens despite those children not having the emotional and intellectual maturity to make such drastic decisions.
In later life these same people often come to the devastating reality that they actually are the gender that they were born with for which they've unfortunately mutilated their body in the process.
Where? Can you provide evidence of these assertions? Or is it just you justifying your bigotry?

If you go by life expectancy, then male life expectancy is about 5 years behind women, which isn't mentioned in your gender comparison
Well we know why that is, factually. And we do work on it as a society. So there is no inequality there.

Nice attempt at a testosterone filled straw man.

Completely agree that we could do a lot better in men’s health, but that has a lot to do with men having a larger appetite for risk, and our genetics being a little inferior.

Completely agree that we could do a lot better in men’s health, but that has a lot to do with men having a larger appetite for risk, and our genetics being a little inferior.
Testosterone is a contributing factor in cardiovascular disease, whereas oestrogen is a known protector as well.

If you cared to read the arguments that many feminists put forward, many of them do actually raise this. It’s proof that nobody, men or women, wins out when gender inequalities exist.
Not enough of them. This and other men's issues are not even mainstream.
Well we know why that is, factually. And we do work on it as a society. So there is no inequality there.
You could say the same about indigenous health.
It also has a lot to do with men being seen as disposable. If we actually cared about mens health we would raise a lot more funding and awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are dogma. It's not easy to call them that, religious beliefs are dogma by definition.

Who is being personally abusive to someone? And if they are, is it worse than being generally abusive to groups of people you don't know?
I don't have their names, except for maybe Peter Fitzsimons, but you see it often. Being lambasted, ostracised, which was the original complaint, is form of abuse, as well as all the personal verbal attacks on public people who hold the supposedly incorrect religious views.

I feel strongly that every single person on the planet should be able to attend, support and play footy (this is a footy site)without fear or ridicule or personal attack. Everyone has the right to enjoy this Great game. The only issue I have with a full pride round, is that hopefully everyone comes under that pride umbrella. By celebrating pride we need to make sure we are not marginalising anybody including all 200 genders.

Do people who identify as novigender who by definition their gender is too complex to describe in a single term , or Gender Apathetic- When you really do not identify nor care about any particular gender. You are fine passing off as whatever and you really do not have an opinion towards your own gender. Do these genders feel adequately represented during a pride round?

Why not just inclusion round that spreads the message that everyone is accepted regardless of race, colour, gender, species, sexuality. I mean people jump up and down at equality and inclusion yet focus on a particular minority. Just include everyone and everyone is happy

Where? Can you provide evidence of these assertions? Or is it just you justifying your bigotry?
Look up Ellie and Nel: From She to He and Back again which is a BBC article and another article on Zahra Cooper.

Your predictability of labelling me as a bigot is so predictable but very narrow minded.

Last edited:
You are talking about gay people though. Possibly right in front of one of them, or somebody who knows one of them. Or even directly to them, because they don't tend to come out at a footy club or on a trade site.

It's not a joke to them. It's not even a joke to you - what is the funny bit about calling someone a p**fter?

What’s funny about anything if it doesn’t hit a certain point of your psyche?

What’s funny about taking a dump in a hardware store display toilet? Very little I’d imagine to most people yet I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as hard as I did in Jackass when Dave England looked at the bemused store assistant and said ‘oh I’m almost done.’

There is nothing offensive about the scene from Horrible Bosses 2 where Jason Bateman thinks he’s in an AA meeting and says ‘I’ve been hitting it hard with the guys, sometimes two [beers] at a time, you know - double fisting, just ending up face down sometimes.’ But it’s hilarious because he’s very heterosexual and has unwittingly convinced a group of strangers - because it’s actually a sex addicts meeting - that he’s into male on male group sex.

It’s not denigrating to anyone it’s just funny and there is going to come a point where almost every kind of humour will disappear because there is going to be a subsection of society who can’t differentiate between genuine denigration and humour. Ironically the one group that is going to be immune from this sanitisation will be religious people. Which may be karma for many of them, who knows.

You can disagree all you want and raise your children however you damn want. Although I do you have genuine concerns about Primary School children that are exposed to these topics by overly liberal parents but what can I do? At the end of the day it's none of my business and have no choice but to stay out of decisions made by other families, which should go without saying.

Some random stranger should never have any sense of entitlement over how this subject is raised with children that are not their own, as sexuality is a highly sensitive topic that many cultures and religions have a vast array of disagreeing opinions on. I, for example, would never have the audacity to lecture Muslims about how they should broach this subject with their children and respect the same courtesy in return.
Bluntly put, one of the fundamental tenets of modern, democratic Australia is (or, at least, should be) that people are treated the same regardless of their sexuality, their gender, their race and who they worship.

IMO whatever treatment we give straight relationships, we should also give to non-straight relationships.

Because religion is the favourite toy of the buffoon; and you can’t take their toys from them.
Someone said there's gay Muslims though, so is the gay Muslim a bufoon?

It makes you wonder what the liberal progressives were thinking when they encouraged multiculturalism (unity in diversity) doesn't it?

Surely we can't put the blame for all these problems in a multicultural society on those that expected the liberal progressives to be liberal? Because to me it seems the liberal progressives are the ones always losing their s**t (and giving s**t to those that make up their multicultural society) when they should be showing us their liberalism.

You see this is what happens though when people have no foresight, they're all surprised when their multiculturalism isn't working out how they envisioned.

I wanna say what Nate Diaz said after defeating Conor McGregor in their first fight, but I wont.

MLK is the perfect example of a leader pushing for his ideals. He didn’t force his views he articulated them. If any individual wants to push this issue that’s their right, go for it. Just don’t force clubs and players to wear guernsey’s supporting this or that cause even if you think they may be worthy causes.

Back