Prediction Should We Rookie Jonty Scharenberg?

Should We Rookie Jonty Scharenberg?

• Yes

Votes: 66 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see a spot for Greenwood this year competing for that mid spot, don't know if we need a spot for a B rookie spot?

only seen a little of him but seems a bit meh. either way wont bother me too much.

He is obviously below Ben Davis on our talent list, so whether he is taken in the RD depends on the ordering in the remainder of our talent list. So, whether we "should" take him is irrelevant: the list will control all. ;)

So why is it that this kid was ranked so highly last year that people were talking about us being lucky if we got him with a first because he would have slid has become someone that people are genuinely not fussed if we don't rookie?
It's like port in January vs port in July

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So its Ben then?
WTF? Ben will be selected with our last pick in the RD. Won't be going on the senior list, unless the AFL change the list rules and merge the senior & rookie lists (as has been speculated).

To be clear - we have 1 vacancy remaining on our senior list. We have the option of filling that vacancy via the PSD, on Monday afternoon - the chances of that happening are somewhere between zero and non-existent. We will then take Jarman as a F/S in the RD, which follows immediately after the PSD - Jarman will be going onto our rookie list (not the senior list).

Considering he was touted all year as a top 25 pick,. last year as a top 5 pick,. and he is south Australian and played well in the carnival,. that should be enough to scream YES!,.. considering over 50% of rookies never play a game,. he HAS to be worth a gamble.. doesn't he?
What worries me is that, although touted as a top 25 pick, all 18 teams passed on him. Has to be something we don't know about.

What worries me is that, although touted as a top 25 pick, all 18 teams passed on him. Has to be something we don't know about.
Looking at all but Gallucci the other guys we picked all look to have a mountain of upside in future development, Jonty not so much, if I had to guess I'd say clubs just can't see too much more improvement in him. All the other mids we picked also aren't only pure mids and have other strings to their bow, Jonty not so much, he projects purely as an inside mid. I have not even heard a whisper about your "something we don't know about" and as an AFL Academy kid he certainly can't have any "character" issues. The only thing I've heard by way of a knock is some clubs worry if the knee problems his brother Matty's had could be hereditary, Jonty himself has said clubs have mentioned it when putting him through rigorous medical testing even though he's never had any issues with it.

Personally I'd give him a crack as a rookie most certainly.

Looking at all but Gallucci the other guys we picked all look to have a mountain of upside in future development, Jonty not so much, if I had to guess I'd say clubs just can't see too much more improvement in him. All the other mids we picked also aren't only pure mids and have other strings to their bow, Jonty not so much, he projects purely as an inside mid. I have not even heard a whisper about your "something we don't know about" and as an AFL Academy kid he certainly can't have any "character" issues. The only thing I've heard by way of a knock is some clubs worry if the knee problems his brother Matty's had could be hereditary, Jonty himself has said clubs have mentioned it when putting him through rigorous medical testing even though he's never had any issues with it.

Personally I'd give him a crack as a rookie most certainly.

You would think he would be given a crack, if not at the crows another club. Maybe Collingwood.

Back