Show us your gaming setup

Remove this Banner Ad

Normally I would have put it together myself, to cut costs BUT being 43, working full time and married with 4 young kids, well i did not have the time. I also brought a 4k res monitor that actually has a 60 mhz refresh rate with 4k gaming ( a lot i found dont). I also brought office, a new mechanical keyboard Chroma( still getting used to it) and a razor death adder, also a razor 7.1 headset.

All up cost me 8.5k.
It's Razer m8 :drunk:

Some very nice console setups in here lads. Very nice indeed.

I have an XBox 360 but hardly use it. I'm more into driving sims on the PC, specifically iRacing, so here's my driving setup which has been a long term WIP since the days of Grand Prix Legends in the late 90s. It's a custom Hyperstimulator Clubman finished in 2 Pack Honda Racing White with leather trim. Wheel and pedals are Fanatec Clubsport. Brake pedal is hydraulic. It also has an 8 speed gated SST Lightning shifter down next to the left leg and has TrackIR head tracking. As well as iRacing it runs pretty much every racing sim ever released on PC, plus things like Daytona and Sega Rally through emulators. It also runs GT4 in triple screen mode using the PCSX2 PS2 emulator and goes as far back as Hard Drivin' on MAME. The screens are 10 years old now but I'm not going to update them as I'm waiting for the retail release of the Oculus Rift. Will also add motion simulation with DBox Rams but they're too expensive at the moment. Would cost in the vicinity of 6K to add motion. Pics are a bit s**t but you can still see what it's like.

Good thread this one!

20150227_104009.jpg

20150227_102838.jpg

20150227_102919.jpg

And using it:

that is freaking unbelievable... Got into iRacing for a short period but, very time consuming stuff. You know Zak Jones is a pretty decent sim racer?

that is freaking unbelievable... Got into iRacing for a short period but, very time consuming stuff. You know Zak Jones is a pretty decent sim racer?

Cheers mate, and no I didn't know that about Jones. It'd be pretty cool to see him in a server though. Quite a lot of the real world V8 & NASCAR boys use iRacing and some of the GP2/GT3 crowd from Europe are on there a lot too. They're good blokes and are usually up for a chat. Trouble is with the pro sportsmen is that they usually kick arse with about 1/10th the practice.

Cheers mate, and no I didn't know that about Jones. It'd be pretty cool to see him in a server though. Quite a lot of the real world V8 & NASCAR boys use iRacing and some of the GP2/GT3 crowd from Europe are on there a lot too. They're good blokes and are usually up for a chat. Trouble is with the pro sportsmen is that they usually kick arse with about 1/10th the practice.

I know it is ridiculous. I remember a few years ago running into Van Gisbergen in the Mazda class. Pretty sure he holds a lap record in that category still. Jones holds a lap record in a Mazda around Okayama I think?

I just started back in iracing after a break for 3 years. I'm really rusty.
I got a new Thrustmaster t500 for it but haven't got a cockpit yet, was looking at the Rseats or the gt omegas. Anyone have any comment on them?

Are you every worried with placing a console on top of another console? Maybe just my OCD.

I stack xboxes, their pretty hollow so I'm not too worried about damaging anything.

PlayStations however and smaller and heavier, more dense, and I do worry that increased pressure could cause harm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't have sound when you play your consoles then, do you? or if so, how?

Can't you see the speakers in the pic? He's most likely outputting audio from the monitor to the speakers.

i see, how the hell would you do that? if your PS3 goes into the monitor via HDMI, how do you carry the sound out of it? (asking because i too play on a monitor but without sound)

i see, how the hell would you do that? if your PS3 goes into the monitor via HDMI, how do you carry the sound out of it? (asking because i too play on a monitor but without sound)

I use headphones for the PS4, and if I desperately want sound through the speakers I just output it using the headphone jack on the controller. As for the ps3 I only play AFL Live so I'm fine with sacrificing the sound part considering the commentary is woeful.

Many newer/more expensive monitors have an audio out 3.5mm jack.

Not for OCD reasons, but I'd not stack them to allow enough room for cooling.

The base of that ps3 model actually has a raised bottom so the cooling vents aren't covered. I assume old ones are the same? I had a quick look and can't really see any reason stacking would affect the cooling side of things, unless you had both running at the same time. That'd probably be bad.

That said I'd still rather it another way but desk space doesn't allow it unless I stand them up but don't like that because they fall over when the wheel jars the table

Many newer/more expensive monitors have an audio out 3.5mm jack.

oh thanks. i just checked the back of my dell and wow. it has audio out - L + R + sub. if that's about to carry sound out i am going to feel like the biggest dickhead ever for a while. (edit - damn i suck)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back