Preview Showdown 51: Round 3, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After years of campaigning, South Australian football fans and a lot of neutrals wish of a Friday Night Showdown finally came true. But under two conditions:

1) It's not stand-alone or on FTA. It's playing second fiddle to an all-Victorian match.
2) It's 15th vs 18th.

Both teams are 0-2 heading into the match. As the front page of the Advertiser said this morning "At least we'll have one winner after the Showdown" barring a draw of course. Port went up to Brisbane and took it up to them at the GABBA but fell short as expected, but the real shock came at home as they were dismantled by a team that was one of the favorites for the spoon by a rookie coach who was still playing as recently as 2017. Ken Hinkley is now really starting to feel the heat. What could a loss here do?

The Crows went down at home to Freo by the barest of margins and got beaten by a much improved Collingwood at the MCG, not without some brief off-field drama too. They also appear to have unearthed an absolute gem in Josh Rachele.

Last time we met was a putrid display of Australian Rules Football, but the efforts of Aliir Aliir single-handedly won us that game, but this time there will be no Aliir.

Could this be Hinkley's last Showdown?

Yuck. I don't really care for the outcome. I seriously mean that and that's not me. I've got some space universe stuff to watch on Stan.
If the Universe is expanding faster than the speed of light. What is it expanding into??

Yuck. I don't really care for the outcome. I seriously mean that and that's not me. I've got some space universe stuff to watch on Stan.
If the Universe is expanding faster than the speed of light. What is it expanding into??

Hinkleys brilliant mind

Is it bad to be death riding the coach so hard that I wouldn't mind a loss?
I'm actively barracking for a loss. It's a pity that the corollary is that those campaigners will get a win, but it's for the greater good. If anything will get the happy clappers riled up, it's a Showdown loss.

I'm actively barracking for a loss. It's a pity that the corollary is that those campaigners will get a win, but it's for the greater good.

I'm conflicted.

harvey korman GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken BOG with 32 disposed coke cans and 3 pointless hand gestures that look they were constructed by a kindergarten child

Crows will smash us mark it down. And I don't give a F. They are s**t. We are shitter. I don't care anymore.

I think we'll win meh but it's only based on Adelaide's current state, I just don't think they have enough quality to punish us.. who knows though Nicks is good at implementing the clog & our forward half is clueless.

The space created by opposition forwards when the ball rebounds from our failed forward press

Unfortunately this is something of a lose-lose for us.

Win and we'll be told how brilliantly Ken's turned it around in only 6 days, and that contract renewal negotiations are underway.

Lose and that's it for season 2022, and we'll be told that Ken needs a clear injury-free runway for 2023 and beyond, and that contract renewal negotiations are underway.

Chad was on SEN this morning. I think we might see 2 rucks this week because in his words "Lycett can do most of the rucking and Hayes is ok in the air - at least can't be any worse than what we have now, might even bring the ball to ground".

Also said Marshall and Finlayson provided unacceptable efforts. Bit rich coming from the defence line coach but at least there some sense of realism. See what happens at selection.

Chad was on SEN this morning. I think we might see 2 rucks this week because in his words "Lycett can do most of the rucking and Hayes is ok in the air - at least can't be any worse than what we have now, might even bring the ball to ground".

Also said Marshall and Finlayson provided unacceptable efforts. Bit rich coming from the defence line coach but at least there some sense of realism. See what happens at selection.
Lmao, I hope they're being more constructive in house, because thats a petty thing to say in public.

That's the reason to finally give Hayes his first game after all this time? At least can't be any worse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back