Preview Showdown 51: Round 3, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason to finally give Hayes his first game after all this time? At least can't be any worse??
Looking forward to next week's debut video.

"Alright listen up youse blokes, I've decided Sammy Hayes can't be any worse than the rest of youse so he's in this week. Let's have a big hand for Sammy everyone!'

Last edited:

Their young talent consists of Rachele & Thilthorpe the rest are as we speak SANFL tier.

Jimmy Rowe, Ned McHenry & Chance Jones fck me u are clutching.

I'm not saying purely 'young' players, although what we have beyond Butters and Georgiades ain't that fantastic either.

My scenario takes out Jonas, McKenzie, Motlop, Boak, Gray, Dixon and Lycett. If you think our team wouldn't be totally s**t in that scenario then you're kidding yourself.

People rave on about untried players and assume they'll be good based off SANFL form. Hayes for example might be good or he might not make it. We saw what happened with Williams last year and we saw what happened with Skinner on Saturday.

But everyone will just blame the coaching so it's a pointless discussion.

I'm not saying purely 'young' players, although what we have beyond Butters and Georgiades ain't that fantastic either.

My scenario takes out Jonas, McKenzie, Motlop, Boak, Gray, Dixon and Lycett. If you think our team wouldn't be totally s**t in that scenario then you're kidding yourself.

People rave on about untried players and assume they'll be good based off SANFL form. Hayes for example might be good or he might not make it. We saw what happened with Williams last year and we saw what happened with Skinner on Saturday.

But everyone will just blame the coaching so it's a pointless discussion.
You said list, you can look at it in isolated positions they don't even have an inside mid that would make our side on talent as Sloane is cooked.

The jury is out on the kids they've drafted but we'd be ropeable if we picked as many short people as they have recently.

*apart from the obvious in Rachele & Thilthorpe I like a couple of their Backs.. honestly that's it.

Everyone here will just blame the coaching 100% when we lose but IMO the Crows' list is better than our list if you exclude players aged 30ish+.
Lol.

Key defenders - Aliir, Clurey v Butts, Murray, not even close
Small defenders - DBJ, Burton, Bonner, Jones vs Luke Brown (who will be the 30 by the end of the season), Chayce Jones, Andrew McPherson? Will Hamill? Not even close
Mids - Reigning Brownlow medallist Ollie Wines, Houston, Butters, Drew, Powell-Pepper vs Laird, Crouch, Keays, Schoenberg, Pedlar? I'm taking us easily there too
Wings - Amon, Duursma, Bergman, Sinn v Dawson, Hinge, Sholl. Dawson is very good but so is Amon, and I'm taking Duursma and Bergman over Hinge and Sholl (who is Nathan Lonie tier soft) every day of the week
Rucks - Lycett v ROB, both pretty average, much of a muchness really. I'd much rather have Hayes as backup than Kieran Strachan though.
Key forwards - Georgiades, Marshall, Finlayson v Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Himmelberg. Relatively even, but Georgiades has the most runs on the board of that lot
Small forwards - Rozee, Fantasia, Mead v Rachele, McHenry, Rowe, Gollant, Cook. Maybe the one area you'd give them on form, but Rachele's only played two games and hasn't done any better than Rozee did in his first year, so jury out.

I reckon you probably made that statement without thinking it through. Our defence is clearly better, our midfield is clearly better. Our forward line is performing trash at the moment but I'm happy to 'blame that on coaching', and aside from Rachele theirs isn't performing any better.

Last edited:
I understand emotions are high at the moment but you're in shark jumping territory a bit here TeeKray. Gun to your head, no way would you willingly swap our list for theirs. You simply wouldn't.

Let's see it play out over the next few years. Maybe I'll be wrong. I was worried about us being too reliant on 30+ players and where that might leave us in the near future well before Saturday night.

To be clear, if you include 30+ players our list is significantly better than their list. Significantly. Because they have literally nobody good in that category where we have 7 best 22 players including the only proper key forward on our list, the only ruckman with AFL experience on our list, 2 key defenders and our best or second best midfielder depending on what way you'd argue that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone here will just blame the coaching 100% when we lose but IMO the Crows' list is better than our list if you exclude players aged 30ish+.
Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

gee i hope the crows win but i just dont think that bag of spuds have it them them. The only hope is we have a forward line that has no idea how to score at the moment so if they keep it to 12 goals they just might do it. I want to see Ken squirm and be heaved out of this club, i want to see all his enablers turn on him in an attempt to save their own bacon. They might sound like pals, but when they see the prospect of not having a job by the end of the year they will throw their darling under the bus.

Anyone saying they wish the Crows win, just picture that little turd Ned McHenry getting excited for a minute and then reassess. Imo that's a worse thought that Ratkins cupping his ear to the crowd.

I know we want the fraud in the box gone, but I'm happy for that to happen after this mob is soundly beaten.

Himmelspud is gonna kick 12 in a performance channeling the great George Horlin-Smith

Does anyone really care anymore? While the ‘Mad King‘ sits on the throne, the club will continue to descend into irrelevancy & mediocrity. We are a basket case, a team of melt baggers who shrivel away under the slightest weight of expectation.

The club refuses to acknowledge the litany of evidence that surrounds Ken & his history of failure. Unfortunately, the current board seems to be so infatuated with this Charlatan that not even a 2-10 Win/Loss ratio would see him gone.

I despise the Crows, but would take a horrible defeat in exchange for more heat being placed on Kens position from external sources.

Let's see it play out over the next few years. Maybe I'll be wrong. I was worried about us being too reliant on 30+ players and where that might leave us in the near future well before Saturday night.

To be clear, if you include 30+ players our list is significantly better than their list. Significantly. Because they have literally nobody good in that category where we have 7 best 22 players including the only proper key forward on our list, the only ruckman with AFL experience on our list, 2 key defenders and our best or second best midfielder depending on what way you'd argue that point.
I think our under-30's are better than the Crom's.
Not massively, but certainly better.

Problem is they're not playing like it at the moment apart from a handful.

Time to crank it up, and be the ones to carry this team now, 'cos the oldies can't do it forever.

Bullshit.

I hope they go harder in public. It's time for some bloody accountability and expectations.

Id that's to harsh for these no hopers then the Creed tells us what to do
Accountability only exists for the playing group under Ken. I'm happy to implement the creeds ethos but I won't cop that from our current coaches who don't play players like Marshall and Finlayson to their strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back