Preview Showdown 51: Round 3, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be so much expectation on us to win, Koch saying today we will be playing for sheep stations just adds to it.

The crows have the sniff of a chance to pull off an upset and leave us on the bottom of the ladder.

We know how these games go under the current regime.

images

Not a good night to be a Coke Zero on Friday!

a loss this week is definitely better, for the greater good of the club. don't think any of us are going to be able to sit through the crows beating us and enjoy it one bit though. kind of a win-win situation at the end of the day really.

lose-win if we actually win tho. hmmm this is a weird one
How would we feel if Port is 4 points up when the siren goes, but Flogarty took a mark seconds before? Would we be barracking for the Flog to kick it?

People rave on about untried players and assume they'll be good based off SANFL form. Hayes for example might be good or he might not make it. We saw what happened with Williams last year and we saw what happened with Skinner on Saturday.
Williams always had a problem with his fitness and defensive work despite kicking goals from his limited disposals. He went exactly as expected when called up.

How would we feel if Port is 4 points up when the siren goes, but Flogarty took a mark seconds before? Would we be barracking for the Flog to kick it?
Both options are too horrible to contemplate. If we find ourselves in that position I'll be praying for Putin to hit the button.

Both options are too horrible to contemplate. If we find ourselves in that position I'll be praying for Putin to hit the button.
Well maybe if I'd nominated a Crow I hate less. Actually that's a tough ask - I hate them all........

Williams always had a problem with his fitness and defensive work despite kicking goals from his limited disposals. He went exactly as expected when called up.

That was a weird one after the steadfast refusal to play Mitch Harvey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For one time I hope we lose on Friday and the board start taking about finding a new coach. That’s the only way..

I am flying to Cairns and then will drive to Port Douglas and then will get down on one knee and propose to my partner on Friday so thankfully I expect I’ll only catch the score
Don't even bother with the score mate, don't ruin the moment with a chance to catch a glimpse of this buffoon
1648521919056.png

I am flying to Cairns and then will drive to Port Douglas and then will get down on one knee and propose to my partner on Friday so thankfully I expect I’ll only catch the score
Such a fantastic place Port Douglas. Good luck. At a wedding so will miss it on tv. Hope we totally capitulate and Ken gets sacked before I tuck into my chicken parmy for lunch Saturday

Had a look at the broadcast guide wrt Channel 7 showing the Friday night games:

Showdown: SA, NT
Melbourne vs Essendon: ACT, NSW, QLD, Tassie, Vic, WA

Dealing with the AFL's media is feeling more and more like dealing with the Russian media.

AFL: "Friday night Showdown? Yeah I've got your Friday night Showdown right here."

200.gif

Dealing with the AFL's media is feeling more and more like dealing with the Russian media.

With the way the two SA teams are travelling atm it's probably fair enough - people always complain about two s**t Vic teams getting a Friday game, who wants to watch two s**t 'interstate' teams?

I wish the melb vs Ess game was on in SA instead!!

Takes 25 years to get a Friday night football showdown, and its the first time have a double up Friday night game outside of Covid hit Football Frenzy period catch up in 2020. Good Friday tends to be a 4.00pm game 2 Vic teams on 7 then a 7.30pm game 2 non Vic teams on Fox Footy.

Last edited:
Takes 25 years to get a Friday night football showdown, and its the first time have a double up Friday night game outside of Covid hit Football Frenzy period catch up in 2020. Good Friday tends to be a 4.00pm game 2 Vic tems on 7 then a 7.30pm game 2 non Vic teams on Fox Footy.
I wonder if we're the only club to have had multiple Friday night games not on FTA TV? Good Friday v West Coast in 2019 (I was there) & this Friday? Can't imagine it's happened to many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back