Preview Showdown 51: Round 3, 2022 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are banged up, have a 6 day break and play against the crows who also have a 6 day break, then have another 6 day break and play against Melbourne who have a 6 day break. An interesting 2 games ahead of us.

I am flying to Cairns and then will drive to Port Douglas and then will get down on one knee and propose to my partner on Friday so thankfully I expect I’ll only catch the score
Gee you really don't want to go to games huh. Seems a bit extreme to avoid watching Port play but whatever. ;)

Last edited:

Cooking tea for the family and not fussed whether I see a minute of the game or not. If it wasn't for playing football at a local country club I'd be on the way out of the sport altogether. Nearly at age 23 I just don't get excited for my team anymore.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So The Master's apprentice hosts us and those wanting a loss to these miserable scrots (think scrotum) ball bags have lost me.

Never ever do I want to lose to these campaigners. Why?... because when it comes footyball and my beloved Ports it gets down to this

InB4 sfellows and sneering asides of "Sheesh Byron, get your hand off it or OK Boomer." Remember this was put out by an Adelaide band

up against a suffocating malaise of cultural cringe when our biggest success overseas was The Seekers.

Because I Love You was recorded during their ill-starred UK sojourn, and has lost some of its power in the decades since thanks to overuse in ads for everything from jeans to health insurance, but it's still a stone-cold classic – even though most people probably know it as “Do What You Wanna Do Be What You Wanna Be Yeah”. Yeah, it's that one.

A bit like The Who with Baba O'Riley morphing into Teenage Wasteland

How eerie some of those scenes ^ from 50yrs ago.

Anyway back to the footyball. My hunch is they're going to roll the dice, play-on regardless and hope to spook us into a fumbling trembling mess

as they ride the crowd to a win they'll never forget. Believe in yourselves boys and kick straight. If I see ROB lumbering around taking endless marks

in our backline from panicked mindless long bombs i'll lose it completely. If they're both playing then Todd and Finlayson need to show us what they got.

Seems like the sort of game where Himmelberg or Flogarty get off the chain for career best games so one or both of you need to earn you money.

Carn Ports let's stomp these m/f'ckers.

I accepted a ticket to this game a few weeks ago much to my regret now. I'll probably spend more time during the game arguing with the Hinkley jizz drinkers than hanging s**t on Crows fans.

A mate of mine has rona and cant go. Has 4 tickets @ 80 each if anyone keen let me know. Hel prob cop unders given how close it is to the game. Hit me up if you have any interest.

** some poor sucker has taken them**

Last edited:
Put your money on Doedee for the Showdown medal, Alex Keath style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate of mine has rona and cant go. Has 4 tickets @ 80 each if anyone keen let me know. Hel prob cop unders given how close it is to the game. Hit me up if you have any interest.
If he was paying me $80 to take the ticket I still wouldn't wanna go.

I wonder if we're the only club to have had multiple Friday night games not on FTA TV? Good Friday v West Coast in 2019 (I was there) & this Friday? Can't imagine it's happened to many others.
Pretty sure the Crows had exactly the same thing with the Good Friday night game against Gold Coast last year.

I've swapped my shifts around so I can work during this game. Not interested

49665730-313e-4de9-81c1-c20ef7f92e7b_text.gif

a draw would genuinely be the best outcome. they don't get to win and it doesn't blemish our showdown record. whilst it's still a s**t enough result to mount pressure from fans.

although i fear ken & co. would see it as a hard fought away showdown 2 points - "showdowns are bloody hard to win, and we didn't lose"

So we are banged up, have a 6 day break and play against the crows who also have a 6 day break, then have another 6 day break and play against Melbourne who have a 6 day break. An interesting 2 games ahead of us.

"Interesting"

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back