Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (6) released 23/4

Long Term (1) :
• R15 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (4) :
• R13 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 6 weeks (Was TBC)
• R12-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 5-7 weeks (Was 6-8 weeks)
• R11-13 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-6 weeks (Was 5-6 weeks)
• R11-12 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 4-5 weeks (No change)

Short Term (0) :

Test (1) :
• R7 Luke Edwards (Concussion) - 1 week (Was 1 week)

man, you guys are pretty harsh! I though his first year effort was frikn inspiring!

How do you guys think Harley has been in his first couple?
Pretty small sample size to judge but solely considering the past twos weeks Harley looks to have a lot more time when he gets ball in hand and you can see him wait for the best option most times he gets the ball as opposed to using any option available.

In terms of explosiveness and excitement Hewett kicked or almost kicked some absolutely ripping goals sharking balls off packs so I’d have them pretty close in that respect.

Burgiel out for weeks after having his appendix removed.

The curse continues...

He’s been unlucky

Given they’ve picked Johnston in the squad, Burgiel might have been a sneaky chance to be named this week

Both Darling and B Williams playing through groin injuries (gee I wonder what caused that). Darling likely to be out for a month. B Williams to try and play through but with more time up forward as Barnett rucks more. Once Flynns back id expect B Williams to take a few weeks off to get back to 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Darling and B Williams playing through groin injuries (gee I wonder what caused that). Darling likely to be out for a month. B Williams to try and play through but with more time up forward as Barnett rucks more. Once Flynns back id expect B Williams to take a few weeks off to get back to 100%.
Has that been reported? Why would they bother playing Darling this week if that was the case?

TAB Radio had a few WAFL boys on this week to preview the season. Both said the same thing

Will Hickmott from Subi said he isnt looking forward to this weeks game because MRP is too fast and a bit too hard. Even he said the Eagles need to do something about the training ground

Nathan Blakely said he is happy to play Eagles at home since he hates playing at MRP as its "hard to pull up" after a game there

Can only bury head in the sand for so long here....

Source?

Has that been reported? Why would they bother playing Darling this week if that was the case?

I think he will be on his last go at it. Will need to keep a eye out on if Jack Williams plays this week in the WAFL id say. If he is in Melbourne id suggest Darling wont play perhaps

I doubt we would give Williams a week off from the WAFL unless he was certain to play this week

I think he will be on his last go at it. Will need to keep a eye out on if Jack Williams plays this week in the WAFL id say. If he is in Melbourne id suggest Darling wont play perhaps

I doubt we would give Williams a week off from the WAFL unless he was certain to play this week

Wasn’t in the extended squad

Had my appendix out last year. Pretty minor, keyhole surgery and it took me about a month to get back to running distance. Shitty timing for Burgiel, but I'm sure there'll be opportunity later this season

TAB Radio had a few WAFL boys on this week to preview the season. Both said the same thing

Will Hickmott from Subi said he isnt looking forward to this weeks game because MRP is too fast and a bit too hard. Even he said the Eagles need to do something about the training ground

Nathan Blakely said he is happy to play Eagles at home since he hates playing at MRP as its "hard to pull up" after a game there

Can only bury head in the sand for so long here....
Surely the players would notice an issue if there was one with the field and say it to the club, who would then say ok we will train elsewhere until we rectify it???? If a surface is too hard then players should pick up on that, they would likely get sore shins and/or feet I'd imagine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back