Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
From abc.net.au

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High-flyer Marshall aims to land in Parliament

Aerial freestyle skier Kirsty Marshall is set to become the Labor Party's candidate for the seat of Forest Hill at the next Victorian election.

The Liberal Party currently holds the east Melbourne seat by a 6.3 per cent margin.

Ms Marshall says she will be moving in to the electorate in the next few months but still needs the final go-ahead from the ALP's administrative committee.

She admits she faces a huge challenge, with the Labor Party never holding the seat.

"I get to step right into the thick of it, get in there and door-knock, listen to the electorate and find out what the issues are here and I just love the challenge," she said.

"I'm a downhill skier and this is an uphill battle and that's what I'm looking forward to."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things to note. Firstly, it shows how desperate the political establishment is when the standard of 'celebrity/sportsperson' politican plummets to this level. All I remember her for was her dismally unsuccessful efforts at the 1998 Olympic Games.

Secondly, that last quote from her shows she's already obtained the skill of delivering the moronic soundbite.

Thirdly, will she do any better then Paul Couch?

Ah yes well I'm sure Kirsty Marshall will be a great asset to the Victorian Labor Party and I have no doubt that the good people of Forrest Hill will vote for her in the next State Election.

As a matter of fact, the other day I was telling Kirsty about my boyhood sporting achievements back in Ballarat. I still hold the record for the under 11 boys 25 metre kickboard race at the Ballarat Pool. I remember after the race my parents were so proud of their little Bracksy, they even let me have my favourite dinner of fish fingers & chips, and I got to stay up until 7:30 that night!

A few points:

1) Marshall approached the ALP, not the other way around.
2) She has a snowflake's chance in hell of winning - the seat has always been held by the Liberals.
3) God help us if pompous ass Robert Doyle is Premier of Victoria.

Originally posted by McAlmanac

1) Marshall approached the ALP, not the other way around.

Untrue

"She only recently joined the Labor Party after ALP officials approached her about running for Parliament."

Yesterday was the first time she had ever set foot in the electorate of Forest Hill! ALP playing the voters for chumps again with glitz and glam semi-celebs being forced by the party machine onto ALP Forest Hill locals

Originally posted by The Ewok

"She only recently joined the Labor Party after ALP officials approached her about running for Parliament."

Geez, in that case she's told a whopping porky pie on the news last night. Where was that quote from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back