Sloane - how many?

Remove this Banner Ad

He ran past with his elbow up. Players get suspended for much less these days

No he didn't the only bloke who had his elbow up was Miles.

352026_8f012bae7049014a76cb0846dd4e3302.jpg

352025_e8eafa49f9f9d78b04cf5a17d266ffa9.jpg

No eyes for the ball.

Jenkins had to go to Hospital. 2 Weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't go to any effort, all credit to GrommoT for getting the vision.

Where do you live? There a local oval nearby? I'll come over and elbow you in the ribs?

I mean, all is fair on the footy field, right?
It's not even worth a fine, let alone two games though. I doubt there was any intent there to hurt Jenkins', which I think should be the main thing graded with these things, first gamer and just bracing for impact really, doubt you'd see too many first gamer's not have a second think about it when you see him coming. Not sure you can say no eyes for the ball either, his head was facing the direction the ball was coming, just unlucky he made contact with JJ in that area which sent him to hospital.

It's not even worth a fine, let alone two games though. I doubt there was any intent there to hurt Jenkins', which I think should be the main thing graded with these things, first gamer and just bracing for impact really, doubt you'd see too many first gamer's not have a second think about it when you see him coming. Not sure you can say no eyes for the ball either, his head was facing the direction the ball was coming, just unlucky he made contact with JJ in that area which sent him to hospital.

Not saying I think it should get games, but let's not kid ourselves that Miles intent wasn't 100% to hurt Jenkins. There is no attempt to make contact with the ball.

"Gotta make him earn it!"

No he didn't the only bloke who had his elbow up was Miles.

352026_8f012bae7049014a76cb0846dd4e3302.jpg

352025_e8eafa49f9f9d78b04cf5a17d266ffa9.jpg

No eyes for the ball.

Jenkins had to go to Hospital. 2 Weeks.

Maybe if Jenkins went for the ball, instead of putting his elbow out towards Miles it would have been a different result?

Seriously that set of photos makes it look like Jenkins has taken out Miles with a head-high elbow.

Was a strange match with lots of big contested hits.

Sloane on Mitchell (accidental, but Mitchell was prone over the ball and it was clear head-high contact from front-on which used to be frowned upon)
Jenkins on Miles (raised his elbow away from the ball towards the oncoming player)
Lynch on Birchall (will miss plenty - didn't go for the ball, eyes on birchall, elbow out) At best is careless, high, high impact which is 3 weeks.
? on Smith (studs up marking - they let this go all the time and I hate it.)
Brodie Smith on Shiels (just unlucky, Smith did nothing wrong there)

Other incidents assessed
Contact between the Adelaide Crows’ Tom Lynch and Hawthorn’s Grant Birchall from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The panel said the players were contesting the ball in the air with Birchall and Lynch coming from opposite directions. Contact was inevitable as both players reached the contest and made contact with their opponent. It was the view of the panel that Lynch’s actions in approaching the ball were not unreasonable in the circumstances and no further action was required.

Contact between the Adelaide Crows’ Rory Sloane and Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The ball was loose after a centre bounce with Mitchell seeking to pick up the ball. Mitchell over-ran the ball and Sloane, who was coming from the opposite direction, continued to track the ball in a bid to win possession and contact was made. It was the view of the panel Sloane’s actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances and his actions were not reportable.

Other incidents assessed
Contact between the Adelaide Crows’ Tom Lynch and Hawthorn’s Grant Birchall from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The panel said the players were contesting the ball in the air with Birchall and Lynch coming from opposite directions. Contact was inevitable as both players reached the contest and made contact with their opponent. It was the view of the panel that Lynch’s actions in approaching the ball were not unreasonable in the circumstances and no further action was required.

Contact between the Adelaide Crows’ Rory Sloane and Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The ball was loose after a centre bounce with Mitchell seeking to pick up the ball. Mitchell over-ran the ball and Sloane, who was coming from the opposite direction, continued to track the ball in a bid to win possession and contact was made. It was the view of the panel Sloane’s actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances and his actions were not reportable.
Ha. Gonna have to take another look at these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back