4 - Max Michaelanny
5 - James Van Es

Current Top 3 Rucks
1 - Jackson Broadbent
2 - Harry Barnett
3 - Will Verrall
Where is Alwyn Davey jnr??

Where is Alwyn Davey jnr??
I have a list of 50 mids, with a 30 point marking system and in terms of mids, Alwyn is 27th on my list.
It did surprise me a bit too when i was marking them.
It was a hard one, those towards the 15/16-22 mark were also smaller mids, but they get more clearances, win more ball, higher production value, more inside 50's, kick goals, and get more tackles than Davey Jnr.
From 23-28 those players almost couldn't be split, however His skills are better in my opinion, BUT, at this moment, needs to affect a game more and round his game off with a lift in other areas.
He compliments a midfield comprising of a big ball winning bull, a spreading runner and him using his agility, movement and one touch skills.
Will he get drafted ahead of some of these guys...absolutely YES.
Because of his afl style traits and movement and his one touch skills he is a big chance to get drafted top 30 and possibly bid on earlier as clubs will see him slotting into a spot in their future midfield mixes, however i want to see more of a lift in his all round game production and really want to see him become a bit more damaging and kicking some goals.
That is not to say he isn't damaging, he, is one of the more damaging mids per possession with his skills and ball use. It was a hard one to split hairs in the ratings, in the end, by more damaging, i want some more pushes fwd from him, some goals, and a bit more two way running with tackling, he does it to a point but i want more.
He uses his one touch skills to gather and dispose of the ball very well, sometimes drawing opponents in to release team mates out, and when using his feet he generally hits targets with good weighting on all kicks. When i look closely at his game, i dont see shepards, blocks for other mids, chase down tackles in D50 and sometimes loses his opponent who is off and running the other way.
Bit greedy of me to want more of a kid i know, but i do see a lot of potential with him and i know he can do it, and if it was a list of just potential, he would be in the top 15 on the mid list no worries, with the only query then being his height a la Merrett, Parish, Essendon for one, need bigger mids and not another at 180, unless he can prove more damaging which, as i said, he can be, and that's what im looking for.
Basically in summary, i rate him high, currently he has not made it into my top 25 mids yet, which is based on a marking system for total game package and encompasses many things, but he definitley has potential to be in top 15 mids for sure and is probably more skillful and has a better one touch game than those who are about 9 or 10 above him on my list.

Last edited:
AUST V COLL - FRANKSTON

Been a good game so far. Jhye Clark, Will Ashcroft and George Wardlaw all looking good. Wardlaw just shows composure and spatial awareness like no other. D'Aloia pretty good as well. Munkara is taking them on and showing his athleticism.
Szybkowski good in tight, Oliver Hollands hitting passes no others can, one was a beautiful in board kick on the 45 degree hitting a team mate in traffic and sending the team forward. Cadman and Scully going ok, Davey Jnr flashing in and out, Fletcher working the wings nicely, Hagan trying hard.
Sheezel and Hewett struggling to get involved enough but both using voice well and Hewett instructing others on where to set up, Teal, Michalanney and Cowan talking loud and working well, Gillbee made a few mistakes, Lemmey is ok but has run under a few balls, Broadbent battling hard.

Attachments

• 20220521_153120.jpg
    20220521_153120.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220521_153123.jpg
    20220521_153123.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20220521_153506.jpg
    20220521_153506.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 137
AUST v COLL
AUST v COLL

IN THE END

Jhye Clark -
Consistent all game, clean disposals, in and under packs and bursting away from them using his voice well too. Always got stuck into the pack at a contest. Had Australia's mid machine winning early because of him. Blue collar, workman like game from him today.
Will Ashcroft - industrious, good decisions with ball in hand releasing team mates, clean, hard at it, smart movements and positioning and clearly one of the top draft chances. Played in a few different roles which was interesting to watch. Brisbane??? are getting a bloody good one.
Jackson Broadbent - Was outsized but tried hard all day, taking marks around the ground, competing hard and showing his stoppage and clearance skills whilst his ground ball work was excellent.
George Wardlaw - just sublime, creative, effective disposals, efficient user hitting the right targets, aware of surroundings and clearly best on. At one point a pack was gathering to fight for the ball, he got to it first, saw a tackle about to be applied on him from the left and calmly dropped to one knee and spun under and out of the tackle, stepped back away from another tackle coming from his right and fired off the ball releasing a team mate to deliver the ball forward. So calm and clean all day.
Adam D'Aloia - Smart footy player, seemed a bit quicker in person than i had previously seen. Uses it well, beautiful running goal, won some hard balls and clearances too, smooth mover and exited trouble at time very well with side steps or drawing a player to him then releasing the ball by hand to a team mate.
Alwyn Davey Jnr - Tried hard, was a little quite with his voice and that may have had an affect on his game as he was in excellent positions throughout but did no get used as much. Worked well with Fletcher in link up chains of play and showed very clean 'one touch' skills.
Max Michalanney - Looked to be one of the better rebounding def for the day. Took some nice marks, but chose his outlet options well. Moved well and is a great size for that role. He is one that looked comfortable all day.
Henry Hustwaite - Was very good all day, taking marks, good in the 1v1 and defending the space very well. Definitely risen in my books after today and at a great height for his style of play.
Anthony Munkara - Quick, elite agility and athleticism and was looking dangerous all day. I said at the end of last year that Anthony was going to be my favorite to watch this year for those exact reasons and he showed why during this game not because he is going to go high in the draft but because of what he offers to us spectators and his potential for the team. The only thing with Anthony is, when he gets the ball his first instinct is to beat everyone else on the ground somehow and try to kick the goal, most of the time there are better options running past or spreading wide for him to get the ball to that he ignores, however, at least he was having a crack at trying to improve himself, getting him to use the better options or look for team mates going past can be trained into him very easy i think. He will have some highlight reels at the end of his career that is for sure.
Jaspa Fletcher - looks to be a true wing and has nailed the role specifics already. Holds his ground, doesn't get sucked into the ball, if it so happens that a hard ball get is there he will fight for it. Kept his width so he was there for the switch if needed, uses team mates in the link up chain of play to bring the ball forward for his team, runs hard and fast with and without the ball to stay in the link up chains of play and has excellent running patterns, always looks for the right option when delivering and if not he will kick the goal.
Oliver Hollands - like i said earlier, what was evident during the game was Olivers sublime use of the ball. Seeing and hitting targets others cannot. He hit targets today that sent his team forward on many occasions and bit off kicks (and nailed them) that others would not have attempted. He was very zippy and had a good game.
Jedd Busslinger - Grew as the game wore on and showed why he has taken top billing for KPD this year. Good 1 v 1 and took some nice marks, used his voice and positioned well throughout the game.
Elijah Tsatas - When i was watching this, at the time i hadn't taken note of the fact he was named in the leadership group. It showed during the game. He was talking all game. Instructing team mates, positioning them, whenever he gave the ball off he was telling them where to look or where to give it. He was quick, showed great hands and not afraid of the bigger bodies. In my mind, it (his leadership role) affected his output a bit as i think if he was just told to 'go get it mate' he would have had a better production day. However that is not what is was about for him today, it was a very good learning experience for him and one he will be better off in the long run for having done it.
Elijah Hewett - Has such a maturity on the field it was like he was much older than the others. I was there with a friend who knew nothing about any of them and really has no under 18 footy knowledge, and his first question to me was about 7 minutes into the first quarter, "how old is that guy wearing number 12?", does the Australian team have older guys out there to sort of help out with playing coaching or something. I called him a moron, and explained the premise of the game and the age of them all. However, what he saw was the same as me, Elijahs in game maturity, most likely from playing seniors, shows through in his game, he has a high footy IQ and was instructing team mates all day. He positioned himself well and helped position others all day during kick outs or stoppages around the ground. He cracked in hard and used his voice all day, when he got it he would use the best option and help the ball go forward for Aust and was definitely not afraid of any size body coming at him from the Collingwood boys.
Jed Hagan - Tried hard all day, took some good overhead marks and generally hit targets mainly playing def and trying to get up the field more, was a tough day for him but he didnt back down
Jason Gillbee - Looked a little slow, won some contested ball however but made mistakes and turned the ball over on occassions. He kept at it all day, very tough day for him and a learning experience. Seemed to me he couldn't quite see the outlets provided to him all day, his only go to was to look for a short handball or try a kick down the line, a few short kicks to 50/50's that got turned over.
Cadman, Scully, Jefferson - Cadman was the better of the three with his marking and all round game and also worked up the ground as the game played out, Scully tried hard and was very good around the F50 if not making his usual impact and Jefferson showed a lot of potential and the game did not damage his credentials but maybe enhanced them against bigger bodies.

Last edited:
Mixed Rankings Update
Mixed Rankings Update

1. Wardlaw
  2. Ashcroft
  3. Tsatas
  4. Busslinger
  5. Clark
  6. Hewett
  7. Scully
  8. Hollands
  9. Sheezel
  10. Broadbent
  11. D'Aloia
  12. Phillippou
  13. Lemmey
  14. George
  15. Cadman
  16. Jefferson
  17. Bevan
  18. K.Ryan
  19. Szybkowski
  20. Magor
  21. Fletcher
  22. Munkara
  23. J.Ryan
  24. Davey Jnr
  25. Teal
  26. Cowan
  27. Humphrey
  28. Michalanney
  29. Northam
  30. Hagan
  31. C.Clarke
  32. S.Campbell
  33. Barnett
  34. Taj Campbell-Farrell
  35. Hustwaite
  36. Drury
  37. T.Clohesy
  38. McKenzie
  39. Dowling
  40. Coe

Last edited:
Question: have your KPF and KPD rankings changed

Current Top 5 KPF
1 - Tom Scully [Mixed Pick 7]
2 - Harry Lemmey [MP 13]
3 - Matthew Jefferson [MP 16]
4 - Brodie Tuck [Not listed] [Keeler MP 34]
5 - Aaron Cadman [MP 15]

Current Top 5 KPD
1 - Jedd Busslinger [MP 4]
2 - Lewis Hayes [Not listed]
3 - Henry Hustwaite* (utility) [MP 35]
4 - Max Michaelanny [MP 28]
5 - James Van Es [Not listed]

As a Collingwood supporter I'm only hoping for KPP at our picks.

Question: have your KPF and KPD rankings changed

Current Top 5 KPF
1 - Tom Scully [Mixed Pick 7]
2 - Harry Lemmey [MP 13]
3 - Matthew Jefferson [MP 16]
4 - Brodie Tuck [Not listed] [Keeler MP 34]
5 - Aaron Cadman [MP 15]

Current Top 5 KPD
1 - Jedd Busslinger [MP 4]
2 - Lewis Hayes [Not listed]
3 - Henry Hustwaite* (utility) [MP 35]
4 - Max Michaelanny [MP 28]
5 - James Van Es [Not listed]

As a Collingwood supporter I'm only hoping for KPP at our picks.
yes they have, and they will be updated later today, just wanted to get my mixed rankings out first. ;)

UPDATE ON POSITIONAL LISTS

Current Top 25 Mids
1 - George Wardlaw
2 - Will Ashcroft
3 - Elijah Tsatas
4 - Jhye Clark
5 - Elijah Hewett
6 - Oliver Hollands
7 - Adam D'Aloia
8 - Mattaes Philippou
9 - Kane Bevan
10 - Kobe ryan
11 - Mitch Szybkowski
12 - Jaiden Magor
13 - Jaspa Fletcher
14 - Alwyn. Davey Jnr
15 - Bailey Humphrey
16 - Jed Hagan
17 - Taj Campbell-Farrell
18 - Blake Drury
19 - Ted Clohesy
20 - Cam McKenzie
21 - Billy Dowling
22 - Tyson Coe
23 - Darcy Jones
24 - Luke Lawrence
25 - Jaxon Binns

Current Top 5 Gen Fwds
1 - Harry Sheezel
2 - Brayden George
3 - Anthony Munkara
4 - Charlie Clarke
5 - Seth Campbell

Current Top 5 KPF
1 - Tom Scully
2 - Harry Lemmey
3 - Aaron Cadman
4 - Matthew Jefferson
5 - Isaac Keeler

Current Top 5 Gen Defs
1 - Jakob Ryan
2 - Luke Teal
3 - Lachlan Cowan
4 - Max Michalanney
5 - Finn Emile-Brennan

Current Top 5 KPD
1 - Jedd Busslinger
2 - Lewis Hayes
3 - Henry Hustwaite* (utility)
4 - James Van Es
5 - Dayne Posthuma

Current Top 3 Rucks
1 - Jackson Broadbent
2 - Harry Barnett
3 - Will Verrall

Last edited:
PHANTOM DRAFT
PHANTOM DRAFT - 30-5-22

:westcoast: - GEORGE WARDLAW - best available
:brisbane: - WILL ASHCROFT - MATCHING NORTHS BID - no brainer bid here and a no brainer bid match
:north: - ELIJAH TSATAS - best available and a compliment to what they have
:essendon: - MATTAES PHILLIPOU - they get their big mid who is excellent above his head down fwd
:adelaide: - HARRY LEMMEY - Scully or Lemmey here....Lemmey will work well with Thilthorpe and play a CHF role working up the ground well, better than what Scully would

:gws: - JEDD BUSSLINGER - best available, wouldn't surprise me if he went earlier

:hawthorn: - HARRY SHEEZEL - best available and team fit, match winning and goal kicking young fwd

:goldcoast: - OLIVER HOLLANDS - another mid, but an excellent user to send the ball fwd

:port: - ADAM D'ALOIA - the clearance winning pure mid they are in need of

:collingwood: - TOM. SCULLY - a tall fwd and best available

:richmond: - JHYE CLARK - best available inside mid

:bulldogs: - ELIJAH HEWETT - best available but may want to trade up for Busslinger

:sydney: - BRAYDEN GEORGE - best young match winning goal kicking fwd available

:geelong: - JACKSON BROADBENT - best ruck and best available in position of need

:carlton: - ANTHONY MUNKARA - exciting young fwd to compliment their list

:stkilda: - AARON CADMAN - to work alongside King

:freo: - MATTHEW JEFFERSON - best available in position of need

:sydney: - KANE BEVAN - big mid to replace the ageing Kennedy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MSD PREDICTIONS
My M.S.D Predictions, (which will be useless :tearsofjoy:)

We all know someone will be picked from obscurity and highly thought of potentials will miss out but i will have a go;

If all spots are opened here it is;

1st Round
WCE - Culley - Best 19 yr old mid
North - Dawson - Young tall athletic DEF with big frame
Essendon - Carmichael - 22 yr old big mid tearing up the sanfl
Adelaide - O'Niell - balanced mid to use on the wings
GWS - Derkson - Big young fwd
Hawks - Blanck - young Def
GC - Bauer - Young, strong marking FWD
Port - Florenca - balanced mid
Coll - Ballenden - big Key position
Rich - Hall-Kahan - young agile fwd
Syd - El Nour - attacking intercept def
Geel - Strom - could he be the final piece of the ruck puzzle
Carl - Durdin - Where there is a need, fill it
Stk - D'Ambrosio - excellent prospect to tuck away
Frem - Teakle - homegrown ruck fwd

2nd Round
WCE - Ramsden - young ruck to develop
Ess - Dozzi - Another, younger, big mid
Adel - Turner - goalkicking 3rd tall fwd
Coll - Fowler - Pies VFL fwd having a great year
Carl - Menzie - young fwd who tackles and kicks goals suits here
Stk - Reinhold - young tall athletic DEF
disclaimer - apparently there are reports going around that Culley at 1 and Dawson probable at 2, which i DID NOT know about before posting this, i have just read them

Last edited:
If you listened to Adelaide head recruiter in I think it was Cal Twomey's Road to the Draft or perhaps an interview on Trade Radio before last year's draft he mentioned they had been tracking Lachlan Carrigan closely but didn't have enough data on him to pick him having missed basically 2 years of footy due to injury and then COVID. Apparently he showed plenty in several pre-season games for the Sandy Dragons before COVID raised its ugly head.

If you listened to Adelaide head recruiter in I think it was Cal Twomey's Road to the Draft or perhaps an interview on Trade Radio before last year's draft he mentioned they had been tracking Lachlan Carrigan closely but didn't have enough data on him to pick him having missed basically 2 years of footy due to injury and then COVID. Apparently he showed plenty in several pre-season games for the Sandy Dragons before COVID raised its ugly head.
Carrigan is an interesting one. definitely has a game you can build on in a full time environment.

PHANTOM DRAFT - 30-5-22

:westcoast: - GEORGE WARDLAW - best available
:brisbane: - WILL ASHCROFT - MATCHING NORTHS BID - no brainer bid here and a no brainer bid match
:north: - ELIJAH TSATAS - best available and a compliment to what they have
:essendon: - MATTAES PHILLIPOU - they get their big mid who is excellent above his head down fwd
:adelaide: - HARRY LEMMEY - Scully or Lemmey here....Lemmey will work well with Thilthorpe and play a CHF role working up the ground well, better than what Scully would

:gws: - JEDD BUSSLINGER - best available, wouldn't surprise me if he went earlier

:hawthorn: - HARRY SHEEZEL - best available and team fit, match winning and goal kicking young fwd

:goldcoast: - OLIVER HOLLANDS - another mid, but an excellent user to send the ball fwd

:port: - ADAM D'ALOIA - the clearance winning pure mid they are in need of

:collingwood: - TOM. SCULLY - a tall fwd and best available

:richmond: - JHYE CLARK - best available inside mid

:bulldogs: - ELIJAH HEWETT - best available but may want to trade up for Busslinger

:sydney: - BRAYDEN GEORGE - best young match winning goal kicking fwd available

:geelong: - JACKSON BROADBENT - best ruck and best available in position of need

:carlton: - ANTHONY MUNKARA - exciting young fwd to compliment their list

:stkilda: - AARON CADMAN - to work alongside King

:freo: - MATTHEW JEFFERSON - best available in position of need

:sydney: - KANE BEVAN - big mid to replace the ageing Kennedy
Excellent work here thanks mate. I know it's hard to keep on top of it but with the cats taking a ruck it's probably a bit of recency bias.

The cats have a bunch of injuries to rucks right now but they have both development types and coverage in that department on paper. Lappin the other day was very open about the club chasing midfielders as a priority. A ruck looks pretty unlikely.

Excellent work here thanks mate. I know it's hard to keep on top of it but with the cats taking a ruck it's probably a bit of recency bias.

The cats have a bunch of injuries to rucks right now but they have both development types and coverage in that department on paper. Lappin the other day was very open about the club chasing midfielders as a priority. A ruck looks pretty unlikely.

Hopefully we’d take Broadbent and leave you Hewett then.

Carrigan is an interesting one. definitely has a game you can build on in a full time environment.

Carrigan has also been linked to Carlton.

Will be interesting to see if/where he gets picked. If Adelaide don’t take him with their first, we may pounce and leave Durdin to our second pick.

UPDATE ON POSITIONAL LISTS

Current Top 25 Mids
1 - George Wardlaw
2 - Will Ashcroft
3 - Elijah Tsatas
4 - Jhye Clark
5 - Elijah Hewett
6 - Oliver Hollands
7 - Adam D'Aloia
8 - Mattaes Philippou
9 - Kane Bevan
10 - Kobe ryan
11 - Mitch Szybkowski
12 - Jaiden Magor
13 - Jaspa Fletcher
14 - Alwyn. Davey Jnr
15 - Bailey Humphrey
16 - Jed Hagan
17 - Taj Campbell-Farrell
18 - Blake Drury
19 - Ted Clohesy
20 - Cam McKenzie
21 - Billy Dowling
22 - Tyson Coe
23 - Darcy Jones
24 - Luke Lawrence
25 - Jaxon Binns

Current Top 5 Gen Fwds
1 - Harry Sheezel
2 - Brayden George
3 - Anthony Munkara
4 - Charlie Clarke
5 - Seth Campbell

Current Top 5 KPF
1 - Tom Scully
2 - Harry Lemmey
3 - Aaron Cadman
4 - Matthew Jefferson
5 - Isaac Keeler

Current Top 5 Gen Defs
1 - Jakob Ryan
2 - Luke Teal
3 - Lachlan Cowan
4 - Max Michalanney
5 - Finn Emile-Brennan

Current Top 5 KPD
1 - Jedd Busslinger
2 - Lewis Hayes
3 - Henry Hustwaite* (utility)
4 - James Van Es
5 - Dayne Posthuma

Current Top 3 Rucks
1 - Jackson Broadbent
2 - Harry Barnett
3 - Will Verrall
Jack pascu has to be in that midfield group in my opinion. Any reason why he isn’t.

Jack pascu has to be in that midfield group in my opinion. Any reason why he isn’t.
was at the start of the year, but for me, he hasn't put it all together for four quarters yet. plays well for 1 or two quarters per game, most of the midfielders in this list produce four quarters. I agree that he could be, once he starts hitting his straps and producing week in week out four quarter performances, he has the traits and game style to be in the list for sure but compared to others in this list he is not quite there yet, however talent, tenacity and skills alone are very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back