Snoops 2016 List Management, Trade and Draft thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we take that Keitel.

He was someone Snoop Dog liked in his draft year but he was passed over by all.

His form this season in the WAFL seemingly shows the Dog was on to something and the highly paid recruiters missed it.

Get Snoop on our recruiting team I say!
Harvey?

That would be his nick name surely?
If they went a bit left field then the nick name should be "wolf" as in The Wolf played by Harvey Keitel

1475883166756.png

Father-son draft prospects Josh Daicos (L) and Callum Brown pose for a photo at the AFL Draft Combine last month (Photo: Josh Robenstone).
Wow, Callum is short ;)
Josh isn't the tallest look how small Callum is.

Interest
Just dropped my Phantom Draft down. Check it out and let me know thoughts;

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-afl-2016-phantom-draft.1152419/

Interesting calls there Snoop.

I claim complete ignorance on all things draft and teenagers but throw these questions/observations at you

1. Is there any chance we are forced to use our first pick on Brown
2. Is there any chance we get to use our last pick on Daicos
3. Cox has been mentioned at will, any chance somebody picks him higher up the chain
4. Is there room for two Eddys at Collingwood (seriously good call, a mature ager might fit the bill and may remove the need for us to take a player like O'Shea).... Or could we rookie Eddy instead and opt for a kid. With only two live picks apart from father sons do we really want another 27 year old?

Thanks Snoop. Like Timmy I don't know much about the kids so like seeing these phantoms for a bit of insight. Thought I'd seen somewhere that Crows haven't nominated Jarman for national draft so was surprised when I saw you had them matching on him.
They've nominated him for the rookie draft, not the ND.

They've nominated him for the rookie draft, not the ND.
That's what I thought, hence me questioning why Snoop has him as a matched bid at 55 in ND. Probably just that he's been working on things for a while and it's hard to keep up with everything.

Interest

Interesting calls there Snoop.

I claim complete ignorance on all things draft and teenagers but throw these questions/observations at you

1. Is there any chance we are forced to use our first pick on Brown
2. Is there any chance we get to use our last pick on Daicos
3. Cox has been mentioned at will, any chance somebody picks him higher up the chain
4. Is there room for two Eddys at Collingwood (seriously good call, a mature ager might fit the bill and may remove the need for us to take a player like O'Shea).... Or could we rookie Eddy instead and opt for a kid. With only two live picks apart from father sons do we really want another 27 year old?

Q 1 - No I dont think so. I have waxed and waned all year but have come to the conclusion that there are to many others ahead of him for that first pick. If they did there would be a very real chance we wouldnt take him......and nor should we if we have others rated more highly. I think the bid will come from as early as 30 through til about 50. The worries for mine are Essendon, Carlton, North, Port. Have a bit of mail Essendon like him.

Q 2 - Doubt it but wouldnt worry. That part of the draft is so even its ridiculous. been watching junior footy a long time and this is as good as it gets at this end of the draft. Some seriously good kids will slide so wouldnt be to worried about where the bids come from. If they come post 40 the impact on our points is minimal in terms of moving the last selection.

Q 3 - Yeah absolutely. Cox could go to Cats or Tigers quite easily. My mail is Cats want Cedric Cox and Tigers am less sure about but keep hearing a quality forward would be there go if one was around.

Q 4 - I think Port will take Eddy at the back end if we dont. They might even take him with one of their picks in the 30's but thats unlikely. If we want him I think we have to take him there. Also think others might jump in through the 50's for him.

Thanks Snoop. Like Timmy I don't know much about the kids so like seeing these phantoms for a bit of insight. Thought I'd seen somewhere that Crows haven't nominated Jarman for national draft so was surprised when I saw you had them matching on him.

I did this before final nominations. Am staggered neither bid him. The cost to either was likely to be little so they must not rate him. For mine it would have cost the Crows a couple of moves back in the draft. I am genuinely surprised. The kid has some really good attributes. Be very surprised if he isnt taken. Told those around the kid are shocked.

That's what I thought, hence me questioning why Snoop has him as a matched bid at 55 in ND. Probably just that he's been working on things for a while and it's hard to keep up with everything.

Apex36

yeah with the points its very hard to undo. I am going to try and give it a go but its time consuming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q 3 - Yeah absolutely. Cox could go to Cats or Tigers quite easily. My mail is Cats want Cedric Cox and Tigers am less sure about but keep hearing a quality forward would be there go if one was around..

Thanks for your replies. Appreciate you are getting hammered with questions at the moment. One last question if you have the time....failing Cox (and assuming the rest of your phantom is 100% correct).....who would be next in line with our first draft pick at 28 ish?

By the sounds of it the AFL buggered up a lot of the heights again.
The AFL buggered up Cox did they.
Quaint way of putting it.

(I'll see myself out now)

Snoops bio has him listed at 192.6.
By the sounds of it the AFL buggered up a lot of the heights again.
^This. The AFL seem to have a knack of stuffing up measurements each year. Cox measured at 194 at the start of the year, so unless he miraculously shrunk this season, he's still 194.
2cm is not going to make much difference to his ability to match up on very tall forwards.
Would you rather give away 4cm or 6cm on a 198cm forward?

Just dropped my Phantom Draft down. Check it out and let me know thoughts;

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-afl-2016-phantom-draft.1152419/

Quick question Snoop.

What are your thoughts on Darcy Cameron?
You have him taken at #66 - Seems a pretty good list fit for us as a back up ruck to Grundy who seems to be improving year on year and I think has the makings of a smart late round selection for the pies. All things being equal I'd rather him than a quick fix option like Minson.

^This. The AFL seem to have a knack of stuffing up measurements each year. Cox measured at 194 at the start of the year, so unless he miraculously shrunk this season, he's still 194.

Why is everyone convinced that the Combine measurements are less accurate than measurements that have come from god knows where?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back