So, who's calling in sick Friday?

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

Personally if I had the choice I'd happily work 8-6 Monday to Thursday, instead of 9-5 Monday to Friday. Same number of hours, in fact marginally more if you assume the same length of lunch break, and a three day weekend. All win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally if I had the choice I'd happily work 8-6 Monday to Thursday, instead of 9-5 Monday to Friday. Same number of hours, in fact marginally more if you assume the same length of lunch break, and a three day weekend. All win.
Some counties in the US have shifted to a 4 day week - massive improvements in productivity (reasons are mostly speculative), lower impact on local transport infrastructure as you're removing a heap of employees off the morning peak time (one hour early arrival, one hour later departure) and off the road completely on Fridays.

Taking 3 annual leave days to turn it into a 6 day break - intend to party like a mofo and be a zombie most of next week anyway.
Two 3 day working weeks works well.

Some counties in the US have shifted to a 4 day week - massive improvements in productivity (reasons are mostly speculative), lower impact on local transport infrastructure as you're removing a heap of employees off the morning peak time (one hour early arrival, one hour later departure) and off the road completely on Fridays.
I would happily work Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri and have Wednesdays off to even out the impact on the roads...if only

We had too many people call in sick for PHs on Tuesdays or Thursdays, so a few years ago we introduced a mandatory shutdown for the Mon/Fri affected. People have to take Annual Leave or an ADO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back