Socceroos best 11

Remove this Banner Ad

guess_who said:
Hm yeah ceing as im not an aussie my self.

Neither was I. What their parents' background is is irrelevant, they were all born in Australia, speak English and play for Australia.

How a bunch of letters are arranged is trivial. Just because Viduka's parents were born in Croatia, yet he in Melbourne, he can't represent the country?

Tart.

scwarzer[/CENTER]

Lubo

Moore Neil

Emerton Laza

Grella Cahill

Bresciano

Viduka kewel
:D 5 3 2
Our backs aren't good enough to play without a sweeper plus the team does not play together enough this system would give bresciano more freedom to create. also leaves room for bert and laza to attack down the flanks.

that's my opinion

zoogog said:
Our backs aren't good enough to play without a sweeper plus the team does not play together enough this system would give bresciano more freedom to create. also leaves room for bert and laza to attack down the flanks.

Problem with the sweeper system is that almost no one uses it at club level and a result we risk some confusion and disorganisation as the players attempt to adjust. Can't really afford that in cut throat internationals.

Also a lot of good international teams play with just one up front. A sweeper can often mean that you have 3 guys marking 1 and get swamped in midfield.

The final problem is no width. They play 4-4-2 and their wings and fullbacks double team our wingbacks and force them back. We are then basically playing narrow and forced to either pass through the centre of them or hoof it over the top.

5 man midfeild is a must.
- Grella watching the back 4.
- Kewel, Bresciano, Cahill supporting Viduka.
- Skoko to play a Veiria central midfeild role in middle of the attacking and defensive where he is in his element.
- Emerton full back.

-----------Schwarzer--------------
Emerton-Moore---McKain/Millicevic---Neill----
--------------Grella----------------
--Bresciano---Skoko-----Kewel---
--------------Cahill----------------
-------------Viduka-----------------

No offence Bentleigh but Emerton playing right back.... I dont think so.

He should play striker with Viduka. Just make it a 4-4-2.

Schwarzer
Neil, Moore, Millicevic, Lazaridis
Elrich, Cahill, Bresciano, Kewell
Viduka, Emerton

OR....... 4-3-3

Schwarzer
Bresciano, Cahill, Kewell
Emerton, Viduka, Elrich

Snickers said:
No offence Bentleigh but Emerton playing right back.... I dont think so.

He should play striker with Viduka. Just make it a 4-4-2.

Schwarzer
Elrich, Cahill, Bresciano, Kewell
Viduka, Emerton

OR....... 4-3-3

Schwarzer
Bresciano, Cahill, Kewell
Emerton, Viduka, Elrich

Why can't Emerton play right back :confused:

Schwarzer has got to go - that dud makes so many mistakes its not funny.
I'd rather kalac or even a fat & out of shape mark bosnich.
Mistakes against Iraq & Ireland immediately spring to mind but I am certain there have been plenty more. We should have gotten wise to this hack when he played against Canada years ago and turned a shot into the net that was clearly going out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back