Remove this Banner Ad

you_idiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2002
Bacchus Marsh, VIC
Other Teams
The mighty Geelong Cats!
.......Tahiti.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier, about it being the Solomon Islands, they lost all three of their group games.

The Australia-Tahiti Oceania Nations Cup match takes place Friday at 3 p.m. at Ericsson Stadium in Auckland.

All the first-round scores and the remaining fixtures can be found here...

http://www.goal.net.au/ofcnc/?E=htstart&efile=htstart&PT=dd&G=NC&D=*

Cheers,
William

Originally posted by The Ewok
The final is live on SBS btw

You're absolutely right, I saw that in the TV listings last night.

At about 1:30 p.m. Sunday, if I'm not mistaken... SBS will be banking on an Australia v New Zealand final, undoubtedly.

Thanks again for the reminder...

Cheers,
William

Well Australia made it through to the final with a 2-1 extra time win. Porter scored the equaliser in the 88th (yes 88th) minute with Mori getting the golden goal. Not sure about the opponent yet.

Moomba

Can't believe we needed a golden goal to knock off Tahiti.:eek: What a disaster that could have been.

I'll miss the telecast on Sunday, I'll be out at the SCG. I'll have to remember to tape it. NZ played Vanuatu in the other semi, but I haven't heard any scores from that.

Following on from my own post of 10 minutes ago, our opponents in the final will be New Zealand; who beat Vanuatu 3-0.

Originally posted by Bomber Spirit
Can't believe we needed a golden goal to knock off Tahiti.:eek: What a disaster that could have been.

If it wasn't for the fact that SA desperately need the money from the confederations cup to ease the financial pressure, i would have hoped for a socceroos loss. Maybe it would have shown Farina that Australia is not as strong as he thinks. Bringing in an all NSL team is barely good enough, he should have really pushed to bring in a few european players. Frank seems to think Australia will win as long as it rocks up, same line of thinking he had during the WC qualifiers. The man is naive, inexperienced and should not be coaching the socceroos.

Soccer Australia is broke and couldn't really afford to field a team in this comp. They made the players pay their own airfares to go over - that's a lot cheaper from Australia than it is from Europe, so that's why the European-based players aren't there.
But even with an NSL lineup, we shouldn't have needed a golden goal to get past Tahiti.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back