Premiership Player
Suspended
Jan 26, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
soccer-referee.gif

[youtube]mJrHi1oUG-4[/youtube]

Most disgraceful thing I have ever seen on a soccer field.

Agreed. The worst thing about this is that the victims of blatant cheating do not speak out against it... they seem to accept it as part of the game, or are at least resigned to the fact that this type of flagrant cheating will never be stamped out. It really is embarrassing for their sport.

It's another example of why soccer is the most corrupt sport on the planet, and why it will never be truly embraced in the Australian psyche of playing sport hard but fair. A sport played by greedy sychophants and prima donna's.

Yep, Loyd and wanganeen, took the cake.

Allow me to remind you of some core philosophies.

It is worthwhile reviewing the philosophical foundations of the great Australian game:

1. Always keep your eye on the footy, come what may;

2. Get your head over that footy, regardless of the consequences;

3. Run straight at the footy, regardless of what's in the way;

4. if you get hit, no matter how much pain you feel, get straight up and look for the footy; and most importantly

5. always, I repeat always, put your team well ahead of your own personal safety.

These central tenets are in stark contrast to those of soccer:

1. It always pays to go to ground first oportunity (and most certainly before your opponent does);

2. stay there till you know what the ref is going to do;

3. stay down anyway;

4. you are far more important than the team; and

5. if in doubt, repeat steps 1 to 3.

Like bomber said, you're not comparing like with like...you're no better than figjam or WC2022 at trolling.

Give it up.

If people want to make the case that Australian Football suffers the exact same problems as soccer, I will put forward an alternative view (one that is likely to be more correct).

Lucas Neill had a good game this morning, but he too offered up some theatrics at one point, copping a slight brush across the chops, he flung himself onto the ground, executing a full twist before hitting the deck.

[Quake voice]: Impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back