Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just won with God is in the Radio, so let's go with a theme to do with radio.

Media

Song, artist, lyrical content can all be associated with a form of media. Radio, television, internet, newspaper, films, mobile etc.

Restrictions:
  • No previous podiums
  • No songs nommed after round 400
  • No artist double-ups
  • No songs nommed more than once

AND, a rule just for this round to experiment

NO BILLIES.

All you have to do is send in your 5-4-3-2-1. It'll likely just be a one-off thing, but, hey, I think it's worth a try.

Noms due 10pm AEST tomorrow.
Of course a song I wanted to nom was nommed in round #417. Thanks GreyCrow
Angry Star Trek GIF

Not quite sure what you mean by a whole year’s worth?

The SC has been running since 2015/16 I believe.
I think it's like 4 songs an hour for 8 hours a day for a year

If the average song is 4 minutes, 8 hours a day

120X365 =43800 songs.

Not quite sure what you mean by a whole year’s worth?

The SC has been running since 2015/16 I believe.
525600 minutes in a year.
Divided by 17829 would mean they would average 29.48 minutes per song to make up a year. Still a few more songs to make that more plausible.

Ligma come and have a go at this.

Here are the rules for the theme this week:
Media

Song, artist, lyrical content can all be associated with a form of media. Radio, television, internet, newspaper, films, mobile etc.

Restrictions:
  • No previous podiums (in other words if it finished 1st 2nd or 3rd it is ineligible)
  • No songs nommed after round 400
  • No artist double-ups (host will tell you this if you try)
  • No songs nommed more than once (you can check the spreadsheet for this)
You can check all the previous podiums in the first few posts of this thread. And there is a link to a spreadsheet with every song in it which you can check by ctrl-F’ing to look for it.
When you’ve found a song, send the YouTube clip of it to TubbsFarquhar

Last edited:
If you know how to navigate a spreadsheet it’s not as complicated as it sounds.

pick a song.

Check it meets the criteria.

Look it up on YouTube.

Send tubbs a pm with the video and don’t tell anyone.

When songs are released listen to them all and vote 5-4-3-2-1 for your favourites. That’s it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No the other one. I just hope you don't nominate that abomination of a song "propaganda"

You'll never guess my song this round.
Ohhhhh yeah that fits the theme perfectly.

Don’t pick on p-p-p-p-p-propaganda. It’s a jam.

Unpopular opinion I actually really enjoyed Simulation Theory - had some great tracks. The music in the above mentioned track was cool.

The Harry Potter line in that song was so cringe though.

Ohhhhh yeah that fits the theme perfectly.

Don’t pick on p-p-p-p-p-propaganda. It’s a jam.

Unpopular opinion I actually really enjoyed Simulation Theory - had some great tracks. The music in the above mentioned track was cool.

The Harry Potter line in that song was so cringe though.
I guess I grew up with Showbiz, Bliss, and Origins of Symmetry. All solid albums.

I always loved Micro Cuts, and Space Dementia

I guess I grew up with Showbiz, Bliss, and Origins of Symmetry. All solid albums.

I always loved Micro Cuts, and Space Dementia
One if my favourite travks of theirs is “Ruled By Secrecy” off Absolution. Such a powerful tune with hardly anything but piano and vocals, very subtle drums and bass. The solo at the 2:00 mark or so is really incredible too.

Also Bliss is one of their most overrated tracks imo. I like it don’t get me wrong but I’ve never understood people that consider it the very pinnacle of their catalogue.

One if my favourite travks of theirs is “Ruled By Secrecy” off Absolution. Such a powerful tune with hardly anything but piano and vocals, very subtle drums and bass. The solo at the 2:00 mark or so is really incredible too.

Also Bliss is one of their most overrated tracks imo. I like it don’t get me wrong but I’ve never understood people that consider it the very pinnacle of their catalogue.
I've just listened to about 5 tracks that are all killer never been nommed. Brings back memories.
Some super depressing music though. Couple of songs I can't listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back