Prediction Sonja Hood

Remove this Banner Ad

The narrative about nurturing and development doesn’t add up with young players not being on his side. In saying that, if you’re a Mahony(who I don’t rate anyway), Lazzaro, CCJ or Comben (minus the recent set backs) you’re probably really puzzled as to why you haven’t been given a go and a chance to develop and be nurtured in the AFL system.

Clearly David Noble dot’s his I’s and crosses his T’s - so I get this weird feeling Walshes feedback will be pro noble.

The narrative about nurturing and development doesn’t add up with young players not being on his side. In saying that, if you’re a Mahony(who I don’t rate anyway), Lazzaro, CCJ or Comben (minus the recent set backs) you’re probably really puzzled as to why you haven’t been given a go and a chance to develop and be nurtured in the AFL system.

Clearly David Noble dot’s his I’s and crosses his T’s - so I get this weird feeling Walshes feedback will be pro noble.
l think Noble will be safe until seasons end however the reason for Mahoney missing out atm is a guy called Paul Curtis..CCJ might get a game this week only if Noble reverts back to MacKay playing at FB but from what l'm hearing, MacKay is playing forward until Comben is fit enough to play. CCJ would only get a game if Xerri or Goldy dont play well or get injured..

I have no idea what is being said inside the club, but there's enough important people hearing it outside of the club that the club must know.

Stevo is on the board.

His best mate Archer has a son in the team.

His other mate Boomer is the runner.

If there are issues, then the board know about it. If the outcome of the review is continue with Noble, it will be fair to conclude the issues were overblown.

l think Noble will be safe until seasons end however the reason for Mahoney missing out atm is a guy called Paul Curtis..CCJ might get a game this week only if Noble reverts back to MacKay playing at FB but from what l'm hearing, MacKay is playing forward until Comben is fit enough to play. CCJ would only get a game if Xerri or Goldy dont play well or get injured..
If Noble insists on playing McKay forward, whilst Hawkins does as he wishes in the Geelong forward 50, then he deserves to be sacked for that decision alone. What's the point of robbing us of one of our best players to play him forward when we specifically drafted CCJ as a ruck / forward. I agree that we can't play all of Goldy, Xerri and CCJ together but if that's the case then drop one of them and play CCJ.

If Noble insists on playing McKay forward, whilst Hawkins does as he wishes in the Geelong forward 50, then he deserves to be sacked for that decision alone. What's the point of robbing us of one of our best players to play him forward when we specifically drafted CCJ as a ruck / forward. I agree that we can't play all of Goldy, Xerri and CCJ together but if that's the case then drop one of them and play CCJ.
l cant see us winning and Larkey needs help he's, getting frustated . Maybe having Larkey CHF and MacKay FF didnt work as well as expected so they now have Larkey at FF and Ben at CHF. Leave the backline as is and if Hawkins and Cameron do start to dominate then more effort is needed upfield from the mids and forwards to reduce supply to them to negate them. CCJ only gets a game at the expense of Goldy or Xerri...Without Steward ,Geelongs defence will be weakened also so why not try and utilize MacKay in the forward line..

l cant see us winning and Larkey needs help he's, getting frustated . Maybe having Larkey CHF and MacKay FF didnt work as well as expected so they now have Larkey at FF and Ben at CHF. Leave the backline as is and if Hawkins and Cameron do start to dominate then more effort is needed upfield from the mids and forwards to reduce supply to them to negate them. CCJ only gets a game at the expense of Goldy or Xerri...Without Steward ,Geelongs defence will be weakened also so why not try and utilize MacKay in the forward line..
I agree to disagree. Our mids and forwards haven't been able to reduce supply all season they're not going to magically do it against Geelong this weekend. Regardless of where McKay plays Geelong will still smash us it's just whether Hawkins kicks 4 if McKay plays on him or 8 if he doesn't.

Stevo is on the board.

His best mate Archer has a son in the team.

His other mate Boomer is the runner.

If there are issues, then the board know about it. If the outcome of the review is continue with Noble, it will be fair to conclude the issues were overblown.
What if Noble continues but players leave?

I agree to disagree. Our mids and forwards haven't been able to reduce supply all season they're not going to magically do it against Geelong this weekend. Regardless of where McKay plays Geelong will still smash us it's just whether Hawkins kicks 4 if McKay plays on him or 8 if he doesn't.
Does it really matter where he plays then. Why deflate Mackay by have Hawkins kick 4 on him just leave him up forward and let Walker play FB and maybe Young or Boner take Cameron...Wouldn't mind seeing Goater play off a HBF with hall on the other one..

What if Noble continues but players leave?

That would not be a good outcome. Likewise, if Noble is replaced and that leads directly to Larkey, Zurhaar, LDU and JHF asking to be traded.

I expect GW will get to the bottom of these rumours - who hates the coach and who loves the coach and whether they would genuinely feel aggrieved enough to want to leave if the coach stays or goes - and all of that will be carefully considered within his recommendations and the board's decisions going forward.

Will Brodie couldn't get a game at GC and is now close to an AA mid.

If Mason Wood can go and get a regular game at a contending side, then the following would walk into other teams:

McKay
Corr
McDonald
Hall
Simpkin
Greenwood (maybe not on this year's form though hey)
Anderson
JHF
Goldstein
Larkey
Zurhaar

And I'm probably missing a couple others.

While the list is far from perfect and still needs a lot of work, the talent is there and the endless pursuit of the perfect list before we expect improved performances just seems like a bit of a cop out to me.
While I agree with the sentiment, Masons not a good example.

The saints fans I've seen all think he's s**t.

my god we'd be blasted by 100+ points each week if we played anymore kids.

Will Brodie couldn't get a game at GC and is now close to an AA mid.

If Mason Wood can go and get a regular game at a contending side, then the following would walk into other teams:

McKay
Corr
McDonald
Hall
Simpkin
Greenwood (maybe not on this year's form though hey)
Anderson
JHF
Goldstein
Larkey
Zurhaar

And I'm probably missing a couple others.

While the list is far from perfect and still needs a lot of work, the talent is there and the endless pursuit of the perfect list before we expect improved performances just seems like a bit of a cop out to me.

Yeah there's a lot of hyperbole that floats around at a time like this but if you took our best 8 players and added them to the second-worst team in the competition, that team would become a premiership contender. It literally happened at Brisbane and it's the reason that all the other clubs blocked the Fitzroy - North Melbourne merger... we wanted more than their best 8 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it really matter where he plays then. Why deflate Mackay by have Hawkins kick 4 on him just leave him up forward and let Walker play FB and maybe Young or Boner take Cameron...Wouldn't mind seeing Goater play off a HBF with hall on the other one..
Personally I think it does matter, we're a much better team when he plays down back, he took 9 marks when we played them at Blundstone earlier this year. Anyway time to move on. Agree would love to see Goater play.

have to agree , like the other week when we had JHF playing as a deep fwd and it never got down there for half a game so we had to swing him into the midfield anyway, we even had sleevo playing deep fwd another round who hardly got a touch, when he came back from his stint in the magoos iirc.

so same thing would happen, BMac would be sitting in fwd line wasten while hawkins dines out on either corr or walker, or we could throw bonar to the wolves again? and thats not even taking jezza into consideration,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back