Spring Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling flat after today.

Got Eclair Big Bang in the last but the deductions knocked the final price around a touch.

Have a good go at a place all up with Held Hostage & Lord Aspen. Not only does it salute. They both salute individually too. Decent start.

Have a good go at Prince of Penzance the win.

Have a good go at Chataqua the win.

Have a good go at Contributor the win.

Have an all up in Sydney with Hauraki (wins @ $3.50) into Ball of Muscle (wins @ $2.20) into Shigeru Shendan to win 1k.

Now I've been with Hucklebuck all along but I looked for, and found, that many knocks that I couldn't have it today. Won't get the trip. Group 1 not 3. Blah blah blah.

Got mate to put the quaddie on. Told him to include Terravista & Lankan Rupee. Too late. Took Chataqua 1 out.

In saying all this, Eclair saved the day so I shouldn't really complain ...

..particularly when it won by a bees dick.

One of those days for me. Only put a few bets on so no major damage but the one's I backed didn't win and a couple (Le Roi and Eclair BB) that I liked but didn't back, did.

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/two...or-betting/tabid/83/newsid/22778/default.aspx

"Two Australian Turf Club officials were disqualified on Monday after a sweep of betting accounts revealed they both had placed bets in races where they officiated. Shaun Lyall and Murray Conallin both pleaded guilty to charges issued under Australian Rule 175(k) over conduct that led to a breach of AR39. They were charged with having acted as ATC officials at race meetings when they held pecuniary interests in races by placing bets on them."

These guys serious? I'd probably be tempted to do the same thing.

Yeah clearly against the rules - I'm sure it happens regularly with no sinister intentions (i.e. steward places $2 EW on Precedence for his mum on Cup Day) - but if your caught you've got to go.

Not as bad as jockey's betting against their own horse - but apparently that is ok too if you are a multi-time champion jockey.

Hard for the non Perth horse to win that race.

Id be wary on the Cleaner

Might be hard for the Eastern horses to win but when was the last time one went over with genuine Group 1 form and WFA form at that, none of these would run 3 lengths 3rd in a brutally run Cox Plate or 3rd in an Emirates carrying 58kg, Smokin Joey ran well in the Emirates last year but carried 52kg before failing in the Railway, he is also an enigma & The Cleaner is not.

Fire up Fifi was beaten comfortably in the Myer last year before going over and just getting beaten in the Railway, Luckygray was the dominant horse over in WA for 2-3 years and wasn't near it when he came over the Melbourne.

If The Cleaner brings his Melbourne form then he will be winning, is this an after thought + whether he has traveled and is ready to produce his best are the doubts but $5+ is good enough in my opinion, if he was $3 or something like that I would leave the race alone but happy to back him against 2-3 reasonable Perth horses.

Might be hard for the Eastern horses to win but when was the last time one went over with genuine Group 1 form and WFA form at that, none of these would run 3 lengths 3rd in a brutally run Cox Plate or 3rd in an Emirates carrying 58kg, Smokin Joey ran well in the Emirates last year but carried 52kg before failing in the Railway, he is also an enigma & The Cleaner is not.

Fire up Fifi was beaten comfortably in the Myer last year before going over and just getting beaten in the Railway, Luckygray was the dominant horse over in WA for 2-3 years and wasn't near it when he came over the Melbourne.

If The Cleaner brings his Melbourne form then he will be winning, is this an after thought + whether he has traveled and is ready to produce his best are the doubts but $5+ is good enough in my opinion, if he was $3 or something like that I would leave the race alone but happy to back him against 2-3 reasonable Perth horses.

Reasonable points but I will leave

Just on Vic horses in WA I see always luckless Bass Strait won a listed race on weekend in perth. if its settled in there may be a chance to run well again

Reasonable points but I will leave

Just on Vic horses in WA I see always luckless Bass Strait won a listed race on weekend in perth. if its settled in there may be a chance to run well again

He might of settled in well or he is just racing slower horses, which for mine is the more likely factor for him winning, he was a million miles of the 2nd string horses only 2 months ago in Melbourne and his form had been putrid for 12 months.

In any case The Cleaner's best Melbourne form is clearly better than Bass Straits, I think a lot will be looking to get The Cleaner beaten on Saturday which means he might get to a very good price, as I said if he was $2.50-$3 I would leave it alone but $5+ is a reasonable price.

Snipers Bullet and Gathering also recent winners and He's Remarkable was the moral victor out of a benchmark race at the Flemington Carnival.

Being from outside WA won't stop The Cleaner winning - this is the only chance he will have to win a Group 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage I'm tossing up between ELITE BELLE and MR MOET. Might back both if prices hold up on theday.

KardiniaPark lift

I note a tipster that is one of the all time great dead weights has picked Elite Belle so will probably be on Mr Moet.

I am still trying to get over the shock of ILP supporting The Cleaner.

O'Shea and Godolphin - Lean pickings this spring - He better make a wave in the autumn.

You don't read my posts properly. Not sure what you define as supporting but he's not in my top 2 winning chances. This is a pathetic G1 - if he doesn't win this he can't win one.

O'Shea and Godolphin - Lean pickings this spring - He better make a wave in the autumn.

I was thinking about this myself and aside from the Caulfield Guineas, and admittedly it's a pretty big aside, I don't think the Snowdens ever did much over spring. On top of their guineas wins I can think of a few sprinter/miler mares but nothing extraordinary. O'Shea will live or die by the results of the 2yos.

I was thinking about this myself and aside from the Caulfield Guineas, and admittedly it's a pretty big aside, I don't think the Snowdens ever did much over spring. On top of their guineas wins I can think of a few sprinter/miler mares but nothing extraordinary. O'Shea will live or die by the results of the 2yos.

Godolphin is patient, so O'Shea will have two years to get results on board. This type of operation should be getting 4 or 5 Group 1's per year. You are absolutely right about 2 year olds - Though this applies to most trainers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back