St Kilda v Hawthorn. 3:20@Marvel. AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

No you guys are lucky Hawthorn were missing their entire starting midfield. Worpel, Cousins and Morrison have played less then 50 games between them. I mean Mitchell and O’Meara averaged like 60 disposals between them last year and about 15 clearances. That’s a significant loss.

Not true.

15 fit men now?

:think:

Frawley and Stratton were gone.

Cousins, Nash and Smith all spent significant time off the ground injured getting treatment during the game which limited rotations too and Impey and Howe were both worse for wear by the end.

Cocky Hawthorn rolled by Alan Rickman and an undermannd Saints, love it.

Hawthorn weren’t undermanned? Frawley and Stratton missed the entire second half. Mitchell, O’Meara, Shiels, Burgoyne and Birchall all didn’t play. If anything it says more about the Hawks then the Saints who only just won.

Now, now. Name calling is not nice.

As I said, we should have kicked away from you guys a lot earlier but we clearly need to work on our goal kicking. We kick straight and you wouldn't even be talking about the one extra player we had on the bench.
It only happened (missed opportunities) because of what I have mentioned. It all correlates you see. Use your head mate. We were well on top until Stratton went down, that is fact.

A free in front to the saints, the same thing to a Hawthorn player a minute later, a bounce no free, what is that **** of an umpire doing, a call where Mirra could do nothing else but what he did, and should have been a ball up the other one that should have been a free to hawthorn he balls that up, so umpire goal from so dodgy a free and they have been helped out , and it is terrible way to lose a game.

After Mirra how the **** is a defender supposed to defend , that was the killer, they were head bent after that , and Saint Kilda did play better but they got so much help and that last free , was the same type of free that killed Geelong against the GWS ,

But really what a miserable day for football. Free kick goals to win a game, free kick goals to win a grand final and both were what could have been called differently, Sheed goal shouldn't have been paid the mark, because of a block, an interference that is meant to be illegal, with the absolute pedantic calling by people who have no feel for the game these days, then the Mirra incident should have been a ball up, not a shot on goal. It was A SHOT, and look where it was paid?
Mirra was swamped by two players he fell sideways I'm not sure but one of the sycophants on the TV was explaining it , I didn't hear but if he was justifying it , he is a dumb ****.Sorry about all my swearing I am fed up the freeball the game is no contest. Then the suck holes in the media go along with it.

Now! And I mean it, congrats to St Kilda. I think they probably won the last quarter and a half, Poppy could have kept us going but hard goal to be kicked .
But I have to ask Hawks anyway, thats twice we've dropped good leads, and the killer scores for us were from two way frees .

There should be no such thing as a free kick that could go either way, but it does now, and that is why the game is screwed, I think we were beaten today by the Saints, that does not change the fact that the umpiring crucifies teams!

So look at this as an AFL problem, for all of us, not me whinging about a loss.

Freeball I think we should call it , because these prancing ***** are wrecking it. That nonsense on Mirra was just outrageous, when do these effing mongrels call ambiguous frees in front of goal, barely ever.
That goal killed it for Hawthorn and 3 players down didn't help but really I hate losing to umpires. The boys dropped their heads Mirra at the end looked like he'd really just given up, that is another way teams get slapped by umpires , by psychological feelings ,where they won't try because they feel they'll cop it every time, the wrong way. Like Sicily being flattened then getting nothing and a free went to the Saints, I don't know what for.

Also Sicily against Dogs , in the last quarter in front of goal, unbelievable mistake, and no punch and what's happened , well that day they dropped off after that too, well Hawks dropped their bundle because they cop occasionally a dodgey one , but never when they seem to be in their forward line.

I notice that with most other clubs, except the Eagles and Geelong and probably Dogs, the others all get crucified at times, and defenders still can't defend, I ask anyone in that split second of desperation what was Mirra to do but attempt to pick that ball up with two men dropping on top of him how in the name of hell is that a holding the ball, that rule was caught with the ball once, fair and square, no prior???
Now you get trapped you can't move AND you are the ball player for crying out loud, and you get free kicked against you, AND TODAY THE GOAL FROM IN FRONT FROM AN AMBIGUOUS FREE, KILLED ANY CHANCE HAWKS HAD OF HOLDING ON, AND WE HAD PLAYED WELL ENOUGH TO HAVE A 26 POINT LEAD AT ONE STAGE, SO GOOD PLAY BY THE SAINTS.
YES AGAIN I MEAN THAT, BUT A FEW DECISIONS WENT TO THE "TOSS UP" STAGE IN MANY MINDS .

Those types of wins don't always signal some massive return to the top , SO I HOPE WE CAN COME BACK.

Geelong v GWS, one of the payroll sycophants made a suggestion that Dangermouse had dropped off his aggression because he thought that he might get reported, because of some incident earlier in the game and maybe a threat of report , not sure. I just heard it on the TV later in the game. It might be bulldust the story, but it was not bulldust that I heard it!!!

But what is just horrifying, is when you hear it on TV from a commentator. Even thinking that might be the case, you'd be thinking an umpire may have involved his verbals, more than he should have.

And someone in the media heard it .

I hate the umpire microphoning up, I hate it, they must shut up and also the players can mouth off to them without penalties with no sound because that is football, and if people can't hear it, it doesn't matter! Umps seem to have no idea of the pressure on players at this level.

Why our game is being mutilated is because the umpires have put themselves on some pedestal or the AFL has done that, by the TV rights with sound.

Also the people on the payroll will not make waves, they are too frightened because they are on good wickets with wonderful jobs.

Perhaps Richo and Carey are two who voice their opinion sometimes.

Footy is my culture it is more than a game to me , and I see it getting ruined, its heart breaking, I can handle losing, but s**t we have to get rid of this free kick game, back to something respectable.

I get so angry that it is not healthy. I wonder who else does?

But no one seems to be prepared to say they see the change , I'm disappointed today, not the loss, we are re establishing our selves, but free kick scoring has taken over the game, whenever men fly for a mark I reckon 2 out of 3 instances an umpire calls a free kick and the game stops , and some one in the open gets a chance, especially with this advantage, that isn't making the game faster , in some instances it is making the game a no contest.

Easy to fix a game I learnt today , if you wanted to and had the where with all.,

But if you want our game back you need to look at what isn't called! And where some are called. And how every ump calls different things , or calls one thing and then makes it another rule a minute later. Bye.

'A' for effort, at least...

Lots of discussion from Hawks supporters about who they were missing. Granted they were missing a few, but so were saints with Roberton, Carlisle, Geary, Hanners, Steven. All of whom would be top six to eight for us.
We were 2 men down and not just any 2 key backs. Geezus Christ it's like people are ignoring the facts here because they hate Hawthorn and want to see us down the bottom oh wait that's exactly what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were 2 men down and not just any 2 key backs. Geezus Christ it's like people are ignoring the facts here because they hate Hawthorn and want to see us down the bottom oh wait that's exactly what it is.

Yes, being down rotations cruelled the Hawks ability to run it out.

I'm still happy with the win given the saints key outs.

What rot that you wanted it more. We had about 15 fit men for most of the second half and it took you guys until the final 2 minutes to get in front courtesy of what was a dubious decision. We'd been out on our feet for 45 minutes. A loss here for the Saints would have been a disaster all things considered. This game honestly says more about the Saints than the Hawks.

they will bring it out on dvd probably,

Yes, being down rotations cruelled the Hawks ability to run it out.

I'm still happy with the win given the saints key outs.
We were also coming back from what I imagine would have been a deflating close loss over in Perth last week.

Lots of teams don't back up well after the trip over there and for the first 2.5 quarters I felt like we were really flat and playing pretty bloody poorly.

No you guys are lucky Hawthorn were missing their entire starting midfield. Worpel, Cousins and Morrison have played less then 50 games between them. I mean Mitchell and O’Meara averaged like 60 disposals between them last year and about 15 clearances. That’s a significant loss.
We had 6 players under 20 games playing today

Like it’s been pointed out literally like 1,000 games of experience on the sidelines who would absolutely walk into our starting 22.

Just deal with the facts mate you lost, always next week, you were 26 points up, both teams were down on bench rotations and we ran over the top of you and beat you 🤷🏽‍♂️.

A free in front to the saints, the same thing to a Hawthorn player a minute later, a bounce no free, what is that **** of an umpire doing, a call where Mirra could do nothing else but what he did, and should have been a ball up the other one that should have been a free to hawthorn he balls that up, so umpire goal from so dodgy a free and they have been helped out , and it is terrible way to lose a game.

After Mirra how the **** is a defender supposed to defend , that was the killer, they were head bent after that , and Saint Kilda did play better but they got so much help and that last free , was the same type of free that killed Geelong against the GWS ,

But really what a miserable day for football. Free kick goals to win a game, free kick goals to win a grand final and both were what could have been called differently, Sheed goal shouldn't have been paid the mark, because of a block, an interference that is meant to be illegal, with the absolute pedantic calling by people who have no feel for the game these days, then the Mirra incident should have been a ball up, not a shot on goal. It was A SHOT, and look where it was paid?
Mirra was swamped by two players he fell sideways I'm not sure but one of the sycophants on the TV was explaining it , I didn't hear but if he was justifying it , he is a dumb ****.Sorry about all my swearing I am fed up the freeball the game is no contest. Then the suck holes in the media go along with it.

Now! And I mean it, congrats to St Kilda. I think they probably won the last quarter and a half, Poppy could have kept us going but hard goal to be kicked .
But I have to ask Hawks anyway, thats twice we've dropped good leads, and the killer scores for us were from two way frees .

There should be no such thing as a free kick that could go either way, but it does now, and that is why the game is screwed, I think we were beaten today by the Saints, that does not change the fact that the umpiring crucifies teams!

So look at this as an AFL problem, for all of us, not me whinging about a loss.

Freeball I think we should call it , because these prancing ***** are wrecking it. That nonsense on Mirra was just outrageous, when do these effing mongrels call ambiguous frees in front of goal, barely ever.
That goal killed it for Hawthorn and 3 players down didn't help but really I hate losing to umpires. The boys dropped their heads Mirra at the end looked like he'd really just given up, that is another way teams get slapped by umpires , by psychological feelings ,where they won't try because they feel they'll cop it every time, the wrong way. Like Sicily being flattened then getting nothing and a free went to the Saints, I don't know what for.

Also Sicily against Dogs , in the last quarter in front of goal, unbelievable mistake, and no punch and what's happened , well that day they dropped off after that too, well Hawks dropped their bundle because they cop occasionally a dodgey one , but never when they seem to be in their forward line.

I notice that with most other clubs, except the Eagles and Geelong and probably Dogs, the others all get crucified at times, and defenders still can't defend, I ask anyone in that split second of desperation what was Mirra to do but attempt to pick that ball up with two men dropping on top of him how in the name of hell is that a holding the ball, that rule was caught with the ball once, fair and square, no prior???
Now you get trapped you can't move AND you are the ball player for crying out loud, and you get free kicked against you, AND TODAY THE GOAL FROM IN FRONT FROM AN AMBIGUOUS FREE, KILLED ANY CHANCE HAWKS HAD OF HOLDING ON, AND WE HAD PLAYED WELL ENOUGH TO HAVE A 26 POINT LEAD AT ONE STAGE, SO GOOD PLAY BY THE SAINTS.
YES AGAIN I MEAN THAT, BUT A FEW DECISIONS WENT TO THE "TOSS UP" STAGE IN MANY MINDS .

Those types of wins don't always signal some massive return to the top , SO I HOPE WE CAN COME BACK.

Geelong v GWS, one of the payroll sycophants made a suggestion that Dangermouse had dropped off his aggression because he thought that he might get reported, because of some incident earlier in the game and maybe a threat of report , not sure. I just heard it on the TV later in the game. It might be bulldust the story, but it was not bulldust that I heard it!!!

But what is just horrifying, is when you hear it on TV from a commentator. Even thinking that might be the case, you'd be thinking an umpire may have involved his verbals, more than he should have.

And someone in the media heard it .

I hate the umpire microphoning up, I hate it, they must shut up and also the players can mouth off to them without penalties with no sound because that is football, and if people can't hear it, it doesn't matter! Umps seem to have no idea of the pressure on players at this level.

Why our game is being mutilated is because the umpires have put themselves on some pedestal or the AFL has done that, by the TV rights with sound.

Also the people on the payroll will not make waves, they are too frightened because they are on good wickets with wonderful jobs.

Perhaps Richo and Carey are two who voice their opinion sometimes.

Footy is my culture it is more than a game to me , and I see it getting ruined, its heart breaking, I can handle losing, but s**t we have to get rid of this free kick game, back to something respectable.

I get so angry that it is not healthy. I wonder who else does?

But no one seems to be prepared to say they see the change , I'm disappointed today, not the loss, we are re establishing our selves, but free kick scoring has taken over the game, whenever men fly for a mark I reckon 2 out of 3 instances an umpire calls a free kick and the game stops , and some one in the open gets a chance, especially with this advantage, that isn't making the game faster , in some instances it is making the game a no contest.

Easy to fix a game I learnt today , if you wanted to and had the where with all.,

But if you want our game back you need to look at what isn't called! And where some are called. And how every ump calls different things , or calls one thing and then makes it another rule a minute later. Bye.
Allow me to paraphrase:

:'(

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 5BF87DF9-EBC0-46DA-BF49-96838342350D.gif
    5BF87DF9-EBC0-46DA-BF49-96838342350D.gif
    1 MB · Views: 89
Honestly any Hawks fan sooking about the umpires has got to be kidding themselves. Got a freebie on half time with a crap free kick against Parker then 50m penalty. Umpires missed two BLATANT deliberates by defenders. Then a nice little 50m penalty for nothing in the last 2 minutes. Also the holding the ball was the correct call, Hawks player clearly pulled it in and made no attempt. Too bad how sad.

We had 6 players under 20 games playing today

Like it’s been pointed out literally like 1,000 games of experience on the sidelines who would absolutely walk into our starting 22.

Just deal with the facts mate you lost, always next week, you were 26 points up, both teams were down on bench rotations and we ran over the top of you and beat you 🤷🏽‍♂️.
So did we (the 6 players under 20 games), continuing to downplay the significance of losing key personnal during a game ( no offence you lost McKenzie, not exactly Frawley or Stratton) because you ended up winning doesn't detract from the fact that is why you won. You had players out so did we but you don't have 3 or your starting mids out. You could argue it's our fault we haven't drafted enough midfielders recently yes but it's still a significant loss to overcome. Congrats on the win but you benefited from the situation like the dogs did.

So did we (the 6 players under 20 games), continuing to downplay the significance of losing key personnal during a game ( no offence you lost McKenzie, not exactly Frawley or Stratton) because you ended up winning doesn't detract from the fact that is why you won. You had players out so did we but you don't have 3 or your starting mids out. You could argue it's our fault we haven't drafted enough midfielders recently yes but it's still a significant loss to overcome. Congrats on the win but you benefited from the situation like the dogs did.
We have our best midfielder out and another one who walks in, we don’t have our two best backs?! So yeah we didn’t lose Stratton or Frawley but we didn’t start the game with carlisle or Roberton and we haven’t all year so yes you lost players but we have a 4th game player for the most part holding the backline together with Nathan Brown... also lost our captain who also plays down back so enough with all the “we don’t have this guy or that guy”

Some of them may not be the quality of Tom Mitchell but in terms of importance to our side it measures up because people would rate your list higher than ours, though today maybe shows we aren’t as crap as people think... our young players stood up today when you guys kicked away.

It was a good win, both teams have their problems injury wise, don’t act like you’re hard done by because you lost blokes during the game. We had 1 player on the bench vs Collingwood 2 years ago and we won, it makes it harder but it isn’t impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back