St Kilda v Hawthorn. 3:20@Marvel. AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good game. It wasn't that long ago (50 years or so!) these 2 teams were extremely hostile rivals playing some of the toughest games ever played. Id love tp see Saints repay Don Scotts constant smashing of Mynott and Carl in 1971.

And that is why hawks will win today, saints had bunch of ball up forward never found a target. Hawthorn get the ball and free blokes everywhere. Even with their outs still too much class
Bang on point. Was just going to say this. Saints have had the last ten clearances yet scoreboard pressure not there. Inability to hit targets and isolate key forwards meaning Hawks defence can rebound using McEvoy, Roughead & Gunston as a link to go forward.

Whilst Hawthorn are undermanned, they are still hitting targets and identifying the right choices. They’re also switching at will, using the free side of the ground at St Kilda’s expense.

Bang on point. Was just going to say this. Saints have had the last ten clearances yet scoreboard pressure not there. Inability to hit targets and isolate key forwards meaning Hawks defence can rebound using McEvoy, Roughead & Gunston as a link to go forward.

Whilst Hawthorn are undermanned, they are still hitting targets and identifying the right choices. They’re also switching at will, using the free side of the ground at St Kilda’s expense.

Every saints goal has been a chaos ball forwards and just scrapping it through.
Hawks all fast breaks and hitting a man in miles of space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good game. It wasn't that long ago (50 years or so!) these 2 teams were extremely hostile rivals playing some of the toughest games ever played. Id love tp see Saints repay Don Scotts constant smashing of Mynott and Carl in 1971.

What about the Cowboy knocking Huddo's ear half way into next week??
Had a glance at the screen saw Impey get rid of ball with a handball then get flung to the ground, funny wjen the umpires hate you for som e reason he should have been free kicked he was not in possession but was man handled is that not holding the man.
Every time an ump seems to pick out a free we seem to see two saints somewhere on their own its like a worked out advantage.
ANY WONDER I don't watch all of it, it'd kill me. But all we can hope for is the umps turn their favours towards Hawthorn second half, but really I think the saints are ahead with free kick goals, or goals resulting from Sicily getting flattened and gets nothing.
That's what I SAW.
Might have to go back into TV room!

Hawthorn would be upset that Shiel chose not to go there. Could really use another A-grade mid out there today. Wingard not providing much.

But he will see that is his style he's artillery when you need him.
But he is only playing game two I think.

I like that Savage fellow where'd he come from ?????

Traded for a pick in the 60s...
He was injury prone but solid depth. He requested a trade because Saints offered him 3 years which was too much for us considering his history. I don't blame him for leaving, one more bad injury could have ended his career if he stayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back