Preview St Kilda vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
think a lot of people want him out of the counrty.

I've got no idea about this Saturday i'm still shocked from friday. i just hope whoever plays they bloody turn up. this is looking like David vs Goliath

Hopefully the outcome is the same as that story :)

Guarantees:
Webster for Gilbert.
Longer for Hickey.

Battle, McKenzie and Long are not up to AFL atm.

I would bring in Acres, Dunstan and Marshall.

FB: Geary Brown Webster
HB: Roberton Carlisle Savage
C: Sinclair Steele Newnes
HF: Billings Riewoldt Gresham
FF: Marshall Bruce Lonie
Ruck: Longer Ross Steven
Int: Montagna, Stevens, Acres, Dunstan

Want to see Acres, Dunstan, Longer and Webster back in for Battle, Long, Hickey and McKenzie. Reality is we probably won't make 4 changes and that one of Acres and Dunstan don't come back in, but you can't not make too many changes for 'team balance' reasons or whatever Richo likes to call it. If you lose by 10 goals to a team two games outside of the 8, something drastic needs to change.

If he really wanted to send a message to the playing group that bullshit performances like last week aren't okay, none of those 4 guys I listed will be playing this week. Lonie can consider himself extremely lucky that so many other guys had a worse game than him last week and there isn't really anyone else pressing for selection, he was crap. It's like you know he'll turn it over nearly every time he gets it, none of his touches are effective unless they're for the other team.

Longer listed as "Test" - you'd have to assume that if he's fit he will come straight back in to replace Hickey.

Webster should replace Dmac

Gilbert listed as 3/4 weeks and Bailey Rice listed as "test" so maybe Brandon White for Gilbert.

That leaves Battle and Long under pressure. Hard if Battle is dropped after one game where the team played a shocker but if they want to give Marshall a run it will be at the expense of Battle.

Long may be saved by the lack of form from Mav.

Longer listed as "Test" - you'd have to assume that if he's fit he will come straight back in to replace Hickey.

Webster should replace Dmac

Gilbert listed as 3/4 weeks and Bailey Rice listed as "test" so maybe Brandon White for Gilbert.

That leaves Battle and Long under pressure. Hard if Battle is dropped after one game where the team played a shocker but if they want to give Marshall a run it will be at the expense of Battle.

Long may be saved by the lack of form from Mav.

If Acres doesn't come in I predict some serious pre-game melts!

Looking at the team from last time we met.

Last time we went with Steele Dunstan and Koby. Dmac had come in to replace Webster and Paddy in for Bruce who had been omitted.

We won the clearances but couldn't do anything with it.
With Gilbo out and perhaps Geary. Dmac will probably stay in. Webster to come back with perhaps White?
Long to make way for Acres who will be named up on the forward flank but can change up with Dmac if need be.
Longer/Marshall in for Hickey.

I can't see Richo dropping Battle or one of the mids as they get the chance to redeem themselves. But if he does it will be Dunstan in for Steele.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guarantees:
Webster for Gilbert.
Longer for Hickey.

Battle, McKenzie and Long are not up to AFL atm.

I would bring in Acres, Dunstan and Marshall.

FB: Geary Brown Webster
HB: Roberton Carlisle Savage
C: Sinclair Steele Newnes
HF: Billings Riewoldt Gresham
FF: Marshall Bruce Lonie
Ruck: Longer Ross Steven
Int: Montagna, Stevens, Acres, Dunstan
Agree.
But
Lonie, Billings and Gresham all together means very little fwd pressure and not many tackles laid.

Agree.
But
Lonie, Billings and Gresham all together means very little fwd pressure and not many tackles laid.
True and that's why Long will probably keep his spot until Weller bangs down the door.

Means only one of Acres/Dunstan get back in.

4 changes is probably still too many, but after last week, 4 is needed for me.

Great contested mark and can actually kick. Looks like the perfect 3rd forward and 2nd ruck.

Bruce, Membrey and Marshall would be an interesting mix!

Yeah his game should translate well to AFL. Contested marking forwards should get better delivery which should offset any extra defence they have.

Want to see Acres, Dunstan, Longer and Webster back in for Battle, Long, Hickey and McKenzie. Reality is we probably won't make 4 changes and that one of Acres and Dunstan don't come back in, but you can't not make too many changes for 'team balance' reasons or whatever Richo likes to call it. If you lose by 10 goals to a team two games outside of the 8, something drastic needs to change.

If he really wanted to send a message to the playing group that bullshit performances like last week aren't okay, none of those 4 guys I listed will be playing this week. Lonie can consider himself extremely lucky that so many other guys had a worse game than him last week and there isn't really anyone else pressing for selection, he was crap. It's like you know he'll turn it over nearly every time he gets it, none of his touches are effective unless they're for the other team.

I thought Lonie had a very good game especially when you looked at the other forwards who didn't even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back