Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Having read the comments, she says people shouldn’t be so vicious, which isn’t unreasonable. I don’t accept the argument that you can’t dislike it because people worked hard (the same argument used by Game of Thrones cast members) but neither would I walk up to an actor and say they are s**t at their job because I’m not an arsehole.

Was anyone saying that Daisey did a s**t job toward her?

Was anyone saying that Daisey did a s**t job toward her?
The anecdote was that at a friend's party, a random person came up to her and said, 'I liked TFA but hated TLJ'. And she thought it was a bit rude. She said she's happy for people to express their views, but there's a difference between disapproval and just being rude, either on social media or in person.

The anecdote was that at a friend's party, a random person came up to her and said, 'I liked TFA but hated TLJ'. And she thought it was a bit rude. She said she's happy for people to express their views, but there's a difference between disapproval and just being rude, either on social media or in person.
how is saying you hated a movie being disrespectful? how else are you supposed to express that?

how is saying you hated a movie being disrespectful? how else are you supposed to express that?
I think the point is, she didn't have to express it. I don't walk up to random people and tell them I hate their work. She wasn't saying people couldn't express a view, but her work is crititqued by film critics and through box office takings; if I met her, simple manners would preclude me from starting with a list of her work I didn't like.

But saying you hated a movie is hardly being personal?

It's not like the person said "You were amazing in TFA I loved you in that movie, but TLJ was awful and your performance was s**t, you should be ashamed"

If you met a Hollywood movie in real life, pretty random to tell them you hated their movie (especially if you don't know them). That's a gutsy (and rude) move, most celebrities would probably just expect to get bailed up for a selfie. Not critique.

Having said that, not sure about Daisy's comment about that people worked hard on that film etc.

If you met a Hollywood movie in real life, pretty random to tell them you hated their movie (especially if you don't know them). That's a gutsy (and rude) move, most celebrities would probably just expect to get bailed up for a selfie. Not critique.

Having said that, not sure about Daisy's comment about that people worked hard on that film etc.

Sounds like it was a friend who said it though? Though it could have just been a random, I dunno.

Which is ok, but there is a lot of rudeness and ignorance coming forth from the TLJ camp too.

Did she think RJ is rude when he insults members of the fan base?

I think the point is, she didn't have to express it. I don't walk up to random people and tell them I hate their work. She wasn't saying people couldn't express a view, but her work is crititqued by film critics and through box office takings; if I met her, simple manners would preclude me from starting with a list of her work I didn't like.

I'd feel no issue giving Ken Hinkley a thoroughly deserved mouthful.

I think it is ok to let people know how they are doing at jobs that we pay the wages for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was upset at how they treated Ackbar the kamikaze scene should have been his moment but instead they gave it to a lady with purple hair.

Thanks Kathleen all because you wanted to make a point

Knowing what we all now know about Carrie Fisher, many things would have been done differently. Replace Holdo with Leia, Luke surviving this movie etc.

Exactly my thoughts on both fronts; pretty rude to just randomly tell someone (celebrity or not) you don't like their work. But people work hard on a lot of s**t films, it doesn't get you a pass.

Ah ok. I must admit I don't know the full details - I thought it was from the friend of her actual friend.
You are correct, she described them as a friend of a friend, someone she had barely met.

But saying you hated a movie is hardly being personal?

It's not like the person said "You were amazing in TFA I loved you in that movie, but TLJ was awful and your performance was s**t, you should be ashamed"
Most creative types are pretty hypersensitive and would take it personally though. Just look at the carry-on after Gleeson made fun of the Logies, if Australian tv personalities feel self important about the Logies imagine how Hollywood folks feel about films.

I almost forgot there was a Star Wars movie coming out this year lol.

I've basically lost all interest in the Franchise which is pretty sad. Will go see IX but after that I couldn't give 2 s**ts what they do with it. They won't be taking my money for Disney+ or any future movies.

I think that's the wrong attitude, I think Disney+ could have the most accessible content for people that like traditional SW.. but then again I could be wrong. I'll give it a chance though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back