Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - *Spoilers & Rumours inside*

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and one thing I noticed. Rey's fighting style. Her "stabbing" moves vs Ren. Go back and watch Palpatine use a Lightsaber and see the similarities. Probably coincidental more than anything.

I only just heard this theory the other day and starting thinking about connections. Then it hit me. Think about the parallels between these two scenes and what is going through Luke's mind in TFA...

Last edited:
That was very good. Long, but good. Sums the movie up well and articulates my feelings better than I could.
I feel exactly like that Hulk guy said too. When I watched the film, it was kinda good but only while i was watching it. That "Core" star wars thing. But there was nothing (apart from Kylo) that really felt different and new, that drew me in to that universe 30 odd years after ROTJ. It just felt shallow. Im so glad the tide is starting to turn against TFA. Who was that person who is very pro-Prequels on this site? Dan something or other. Hope he posts again. Because he was kinda right.

I feel exactly like that Hulk guy said too. When I watched the film, it was kinda good but only while i was watching it. That "Core" star wars thing. But there was nothing (apart from Kylo) that really felt different and new, that drew me in to that universe 30 odd years after ROTJ. It just felt shallow. Im so glad the tide is starting to turn against TFA. Who was that person who is very pro-Prequels on this site? Dan something or other. Hope he posts again. Because he was kinda right.

It's not a new criticism, but it very much felt like Abrams was just ticking the boxes of what he thought SW fans wanted to see.

I also like how that reviewer said nothing felt "earned" and that the film doesn't stand on its own feet. It needs the other movies and material to make it make sense.

I really hope Disney and Rian Johnson read that review.

It's not a new criticism, but it very much felt like Abrams was just ticking the boxes of what he thought SW fans wanted to see.

I also like how that reviewer said nothing felt "earned" and that the film doesn't stand on its own feet. It needs the other movies and material to make it make sense.

Yeah so many excellent points he made....that was one of them. All the original films stood on their own. But TFA was such a piece of s**t directing/writing that everyone had to find answers (and delve further into mysteries that the producers themselves didnt even know the answer to) in articles and websites.

Really many good points if one could get the Cliffs notes of Hulk and post them. He smashed it out of the park.

I reckon once this trilogy is done they need to go right back and tell the story of Darth Bane. They need to let the Skywalkers finally RIP.
Totally agree. It's kinda boring actually -- the Skywalker story. The only good thing about it now is Kylo Ren exists. Otherwise, G.Lucas had shipped the GFFA into a utopia where the Skywalkers evolve into god-like hippies. There's not much story/drama left in that arc. Once Kylo either gets redeemed, or becomes total evil, then what? They'll make the dark lose again, and it'll be back to the same old "everything has to end happy and the GFFA in peace with hippie-like gods ruling. BOOOOORING.

But there's so many great stories already told/treated from the greater SW universe, going all the way back to the start of it all. Often the past is far more interesting than the future.

Dan26?

Please oh god no.

No one wants to hear why Star killer base isn't plausible over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again.......

James Cameron has weighed in:

“Well George Lucas is a friend of mine and he and I were having a good conversation the other day about it. I don’t want to say too much about the film cause I also have a lot of respect for J.J. Abrams, and I want to see where they’re taking it next, to see what they’re doing with it. I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters. So for me the jury’s out, I wanna see where they go with it.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-cameron-defends-george-lucas-907287

I want Cameron or Spielberg to direct a Star Wars film.

Last edited:
I want Cameron or Spielberg to direct a Star Wars film.

Spielberg would be a good choice, but I don't think he'd want to deal with the constraints of the SW universe.

If Spielberg isn't available, his non-union Mexican equivalent Señor Spielbergo should be hired.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been saying this since the midnight screening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back