PC Starcraft 2

Remove this Banner Ad

For those competitive Aussies in the Starcraft 2 scene, you will be glad to know that a Starcraft 2 National Team is being put together.

Australia has previously been represented in Starcraft Broodwars and WC3 playing matches against other nations.

The website is up and will be released in the next week. Will post back here with an update :)

I see this is on special at EB Games for $36,I'm seriously considering picking it up, just concerned whether my gfx card has enough grunt. (will have to check it when I'm back at my PC)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke at work has talked me into getting into this. Looking at Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm I am a tad confused and googling hasn't really answered my question. HOTS says it's a standalone product and does not need Wings of Liberty to play, which seems odd to me given it's an expansion pack. Now, if I were to buy HOTS would it include everything that is included in Wings of Liberty or not? If it does, whats the point of buying Wings of Liberty when they seem to be at the same price?

Bloke at work has talked me into getting into this. Looking at Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm I am a tad confused and googling hasn't really answered my question. HOTS says it's a standalone product and does not need Wings of Liberty to play, which seems odd to me given it's an expansion pack. Now, if I were to buy HOTS would it include everything that is included in Wings of Liberty or not? If it does, whats the point of buying Wings of Liberty when they seem to be at the same price?
I think if you buy HotS you get everything but the WoL campaign, so multiplayer is no different you just wont get get to play the Terran single-player campaign.

The games pretty hard to pick up. Expect to get rekt.

The games pretty hard to pick up. Expect to get rekt.
Ha well I don't intend to go on Battle Net and contend with the best in the world, just single player and against my less experienced at video games mate will be fine.

Last edited:
Ha well I don't intend to go on Battle Net and contend with the best in the world, just single player and against my less experiences at video games mate will be fine.

Good move :)

In my opinion the Wings campaign is a fair bit better than HotS, the missions had more variety and it was a lot more difficult.

Started playing SC2 again, ever since it came out I've had a binge on it for a few months then I leave it alone for a bit, sure it isn't BW but it is still such an amazing game, can't wait for LotV!

Dawn of war games were great.

pre-ordered LOTV. Trying the beta.

I wish they would go back to the old BW style, of not having to expand every 4 minutes. SC2 has become a base management game instead of a war game

I stopped playing Starcraft 2 when Blizzard wouldn't help me figure out why my bought retail copy stopped working (was being treated as a trial copy), reinstalled a few times with no fix...ended up uninstalling cos it wasn't worth the stress. If the game worked I'd be playing it, but in truth it put me off badly.

Never had a problem with Relic and Dawn of War 1 or 2.

yeah if battle.net wasn't dog s**t i would be playing. i can't even play offline. i can't get past the stupid log in screen telling me the game isn't updated for my region. my mate and i had to settle for downloading a starcraft no install quick play, played a game on LAN, couldn't believe how badly the original had aged (you can't even move units where you want them to go).... despite all this i could never talk bad of starcraft, just battle.net

yeah if battle.net wasn't dog s**t i would be playing. i can't even play offline. i can't get past the stupid log in screen telling me the game isn't updated for my region. my mate and i had to settle for downloading a starcraft no install quick play, played a game on LAN, couldn't believe how badly the original had aged (you can't even move units where you want them to go).... despite all this i could never talk bad of starcraft, just battle.net

I agree, it's the Battle.net stuff that turned me off too.

For those interested.

Gerrard, YoDa, BBoongBBoong and nine others indicted in match-fixing scandal.
The Changwon Regional Prosecutor's office announced the arrest of twelve individuals in connection with match-fixing and illegal betting in StarCraft 2, including PRIME head coach Gerrard (Park Wae-Sik) and progamers YoDa (Choi Byeong-Heon) and BBoongBBoong (Choi Jong-HyuK), according to a Kookje Newspaper report. Brokers and financial-backers were also arrested, including former progamer and esports journalist Enough (Seong Jun-mo) who acted as a broker. Two the financial backers were ex-gangsters who provided the funds for the betting to occur on illegal websites.

Five professional StarCraft 2 matches were found to have been fixed according to the Prosecutor's investigation. The matches took place in tournaments between January and June of this year, including GSL Season 1 and SKT Proleague Season 1.

Gerrard is charged with receiving 10,000,000 Korean Won ($8,900 USD, all figures are approximate) from Enough to order YoDa to intentionally lose a match in GSL Season 1. Gerrard is also charged with approaching BBoongBBoong about match-fixing, and receiving 5,000,000 KRW ($4,450) from an unnamed "Mr. Kang."

It was confirmed that BBoongBBoong received 5,000,000 KRW to lose a match in the SKT Proleague.

YoDa was revealed to have intentionally lost four matches across Proleague and GSL. He received 20,000,000 KRW ($17,800) from "Mr.Kang," who he was introduced to through Gerrard. He also received 10,000,000 won from another unnamed "Mr. Han," receiving a total payment of 30,000,000 KRW for losing four matches. Prosecutors said that YoDa received payment for two matches. In the other two matches, he manipulated result while only receiving an offer.

The investigation concluded that YoDa and BBoongBBoong had defended sloppily and failed to play properly against their opponent's attacks, losing losing games that normally would have taken approximately 30 minutes in under 15.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/496866-yoda-b4-gerrard-banned-for-life-for-match-fixing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back