Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt we'll stay with BLK or get some homebrand no name supplier..
Hey in 1948 when Rudolf Dassler started up Puma they were a no name supplier.
Now look at them. From a small seed a giant tree grows. Never rubbish the little guy.

Wow. That was pretty deep from me considering im bludging sitting on the crapper at work .
:drunk:

Hey in 1948 when Rudolf Dassler started up Puma they were a no name supplier.
Now look at them. From a small seed a giant tree grows. Never rubbish the little guy.

Wow. That was pretty deep from me considering im bludging sitting on the crapper at work .
:drunk:
IMG_0898.JPG

GJD23, will the apparel issue be raised with the club at your little sit down?

And if we leave, will the club still sell the stock we have (at a hopefully reduced price)?

It's a shame that BLK went bust and can't do colours... the fit is excellent for short blokes like me.

Last edited:
GJD23, will the apparel issue be raised with the club at your little sit down?

And if we leave, will the club still sell the stock we have (at a hopefully reduced price)?

It's a shame that BLK went bust and can't do colours... the fit is excellent for short blokes like me.
We are open to anything at this stage.

Have discussed three other manufacturers but either option will be a loss in comparison to deal with BLK.

Should have something lined up this month, if not will be delays on all merch to all supporters.

From what I have been told I get the feeling we won't be with BLK in 2017.
But alot of water to go under the bridge. Really disappointing overall.

We are open to anything at this stage.

Have discussed three other manufacturers but either option will be a loss in comparison to deal with BLK.

Should have something lined up this month, if not will be delays on all merch to all supporters.

From what I have been told I get the feeling we won't be with BLK in 2017.
But alot of water to go under the bridge. Really disappointing overall.
Thanks mate.

What happens to all those who pre-ordered a guernsey?

If we say Adidas enough it might just happen
Not sure Adidas is great from the merchandising side of things; cut very short, tight and weirdly around the hips.

Injectors fans hated them.

I'd be pro-Nike or Asics personally.

EDIT: going by waldy's post above, we might have to be happy with Target! :darts:

New Balance FTW.

I just want the best deal (ie most money) for the team, with a strong preference to a manufacturer who can make a black black and a red red. We have the best colours in the AFL, it shouldn't be hard to make some good stuff with them...

ISC again would be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate.

What happens to all those who pre-ordered a guernsey?
There's a hold on all merch until we find out what's happening next...Once we know those have pre-ordered will be notified.

New Balance FTW.

I just want the best deal (ie most money) for the team, with a strong preference to a manufacturer who can make a black black and a red red. We have the best colours in the AFL, it shouldn't be hard to make some good stuff with them...

ISC again would be fine.
We had quite a few yrs of quality stuff with ISC and then we said " sorry boys but we are jumping ship for a better offer".
I could imagine the smirk on their faces if we said " any chance of renewing that contract now our great idea went belly up"

"Yeah no worries StKilda. But bend over and brace yourself cos we are going in dry this time".

Surely somebody will want to do our Jumpers.

New Balance FTW.

ISC again would be fine.
NB are bloody awful!

Melbourne's guernseys look like the bastard hybrid of a basketball singlet and an art smock.

Imo if you're a big name company saints would be a perfect fit, just coming into our prime years with more FTA games and fri/sat night games.
Hard to disagree with this logic, but in our recent history of onfield manufacturers since Puma, none have been 'big' names.
I'm just inclined to believe in the continuation of the trend.

FWIW, if the decision was mine, we'd be back with Puma.

Last edited:
"Following news that apparel supplier BLK are going into receivership, St Kilda are set to stun the football world by announcing a lucrative 1 year, $450 sponsorship with Abidas as apparel supplier.
IMG_0022.JPG
"The club believes that Abidas can meet supporters demands for half black/half white collar and cuffs whilst also including black piping. The clash jumper will be a butchered version of the clubs "crusader" jumper. The clubs head jumper designer Ice Wolf welcomed the move stating that "I can't find anything to complain about with the Abidas designs. I also welcome their washed out colours and general disregard for anything I want in a jumper, regardless of the opinions of the majority of club members". Many St Kilda supporters have also welcomed the Abidas promise that no football jumper of their design shall be less than 74% collar".
"Also the clubs marketing department are set to shock fans in another off field shakeup by placing much loved club mascot "St Trevor" in mothballs. The club says St Trevor will be replaced by a more aggressive and harder mascot in Robert Cop".
IMG_0020.jpg
"Club CEO Matt Finnis says all club clothing apparel and "Robert Cop" mascot products will be available at the Vic Markets and other associated crappy markets across Melbourne by early March".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back