Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

"Following news that apparel supplier BLK are going into receivership, St Kilda are set to stun the football world by announcing a lucrative 1 year, $450 sponsorship with Abidas as apparel supplier.
View attachment 315932
"The club believes that Abidas can meet supporters demands for half black/half white collar and cuffs whilst also including black piping. The clash jumper will be a butchered version of the clubs "crusader" jumper. The clubs head jumper designer Ice Wolf welcomed the move stating that "I can't find anything to complain about with the Abidas designs. I also welcome their washed out colours and general disregard for anything I want in a jumper, regardless of the opinions of the majority of club members". Many St Kilda supporters have also welcomed the Abidas promise that no football jumper of their design shall be less than 74% collar".
"Also the clubs marketing department are set to shock fans in another off field shakeup by placing much loved club mascot "St Trevor" in mothballs. The club says St Trevor will be replaced by a more aggressive and harder mascot in Robert Cop".
View attachment 315933
"Club CEO Matt Finnis says all club clothing apparel and "Robert Cop" mascot products will be available at the Vic Markets and other associated crappy markets across Melbourne by early March".
I was 100% believing everything you wrote untill i got to "Ice Wolf cant find anything to complain about" .
:p

"Following news that apparel supplier BLK are going into receivership, St Kilda are set to stun the football world by announcing a lucrative 1 year, $450 sponsorship with Abidas as apparel supplier.
View attachment 315932
"The club believes that Abidas can meet supporters demands for half black/half white collar and cuffs whilst also including black piping. The clash jumper will be a butchered version of the clubs "crusader" jumper. The clubs head jumper designer Ice Wolf welcomed the move stating that "I can't find anything to complain about with the Abidas designs. I also welcome their washed out colours and general disregard for anything I want in a jumper, regardless of the opinions of the majority of club members". Many St Kilda supporters have also welcomed the Abidas promise that no football jumper of their design shall be less than 74% collar".
"Also the clubs marketing department are set to shock fans in another off field shakeup by placing much loved club mascot "St Trevor" in mothballs. The club says St Trevor will be replaced by a more aggressive and harder mascot in Robert Cop".
View attachment 315933
"Club CEO Matt Finnis says all club clothing apparel and "Robert Cop" mascot products will be available at the Vic Markets and other associated crappy markets across Melbourne by early March".
Champagne!

With the tigers switching to Puma and lions having a deal with Majestic, any word from any of the ITK's as to whether the saints have any deals in the pipeline?

With the tigers switching to Puma and lions having a deal with Majestic, any word from any of the ITK's as to whether the saints have any deals in the pipeline?

Where have you seen that? I thought they had New Balance lined up.

EDIT: Scratch that, just did a quick google search. That's an awesome pull for them, majestic make awesome gear. I have a few Giants jerseys that are top notch.

I dont care if they weren't a 'proper' sports manufacturer. Ive got 3 Piping hot jumpers at home and they all look great.
Id love to go with them again:thumbsu:
Sekem produced the PH jumpers.
I wouldn't be against their return if a majority (being realistic) of our strong design elements were present.

That goes for any manufacturer.

Keeping the template simple along with the white collar and cuffs plus a strong financial return to the club is my obvious dream scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breaking it down by the boots our boys wear makes for interesting reading from a marketing potential perspective...

NIKE - 19 (41.3%)
Gresham
Dunstan
Steele
Riewoldt
Lonie
Billings
Roberton
Gilbert*
Armitage
Goddard
Battle
Membrey
Webster
Phillips
White
O'Kearney
Wright
Marshall
Baker-Thomas

ADIDAS - 13 (28.2%)
Carlisle
Savage
Ross
Acres (formerly Nike)
Long
Stevens
Sinclair
McKenzie
Rice
Joyce^
Connellan^
Weller (formerly Asics)
Holmes

ASICS - 12 (26%)
Hickey
Freeman
Montagna
Geary
Brown
Dempster
Bruce
McCartin
Coughlan
Minchington
Pierce
Miller

PUMA - 2 (4.3%)
Steven
Newnes

*Interesting, Gilbert wore all of Nike, Puma and UMBRO last year!

^ The Irish boys were amateurs, so we'll see...

Last edited:
Call Canterbury that will be a very positive step towards cultivating the NZ base. Kukri another massive operator in Europe that has been trying to gain traction in Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Breaking it down by the boots our boys wear makes for interesting reading from a marketing potential perspective...

NIKE - 19 (41.3%)
Gresham
Dunstan
Steele
Riewoldt
Lonie
Billings
Roberton
Gilbert*
Armitage
Goddard
Battle
Membrey
Webster
Phillips
White
O'Kearney
Wright
Marshall
Baker-Thomas

ADIDAS - 13 (28.2%)
Carlisle
Savage
Ross
Acres (formerly Nike)
Long
Stevens
Sinclair
McKenzie
Rice
Joyce^
Connellan^
Weller (formerly Asics)
Holmes

ASICS - 12 (26%)
Hickey
Freeman
Montagna
Geary
Brown
Dempster
Bruce
McCartin
Coughlan
Minchington
Pierce
Miller

PUMA - 2 (4.3%)
Steven
Newnes

Interesting.
I seem to remember the connection between jumpers and boots died when Kouta got money hungry in the late 90's.

Who knows now though ...

I've been looking at a few historical photos Saints players (from around the 50s and 60s) and thought how cool it would be to go 'all out' on the Guernsey in that old school way.

What would it look like if we added the black and white pinstripes (on the white) and the oversized, simplified shield to the modern jumper? Like the 1966 replica jumper;
60216-st-kilda-1966-50th-anniversary-long-sleeve-woollen-guernsey-2000.jpg

It may look too crowded given the inclusion of sponsors and AFL logos nowadays, but I’d still love to see a mock-up Cody_ if possible (I’ve forgotten how to tag people :drunk:). I’ve taken the time to trace the old shield and ribbon (I've also added some faux stitching), feel free to use it for whatever purposes.
oldy.png

Attachments

• 60216-st-kilda-1966-50th-anniversary-long-sleeve-woollen-guernsey-2000.jpg
    60216-st-kilda-1966-50th-anniversary-long-sleeve-woollen-guernsey-2000.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 16
Interesting.
I seem to remember the connection between jumpers and boots died when Kouta got money hungry in the late 90's.

Who knows now though ...
It absolutely has died, but when you've got nearly half of a entire list on the books, including some of its biggest and most marketable stars, there's an easier sell there.

FWIW, I'm surprised we don't have more blokes in Asics; best boots I've ever worn, and by some distance.
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0981.JPG

Had all three.

EDIT: Guess when I accepted I wasn't any good...

Last edited:
Call Canterbury that will be a very positive step towards cultivating the NZ base. Kukri another massive operator in Europe that has been trying to gain traction in Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kukri does really excellent off field and training merch too.

Would be a very progressive get.

NIKE - 19 (41.3%)
Gresham
Dunstan
Steele
Riewoldt
Lonie
Billings
Roberton
Gilbert*
Armitage
Goddard
Battle
Membrey
Webster
Phillips
White
O'Kearney
Wright
Marshall
Baker-Thomas

ADIDAS - 13 (28.2%)
Carlisle
Savage
Ross
Acres (formerly Nike)
Long
Stevens
Sinclair
McKenzie
Rice
Joyce^
Connellan^
Weller (formerly Asics)
Holmes

ASICS - 12 (26%)
Hickey
Freeman
Montagna
Geary
Brown
Dempster
Bruce
McCartin
Coughlan
Minchington
Pierce
Miller

PUMA - 2 (4.3%)
Steven
Newnes

Foot fetish?

Foot fetish?
Something like that...

Got asked to do numbers, heights, weights and boot makers off the top of my head once after a few pints; was either correct or within a couple of kgs or cm on all of them.

Sad.

FWIW, I'm surprised we don't have more blokes in Asics; best boots I've ever worn, and by some distance.
View attachment 316756
View attachment 316754 View attachment 316755

Had all three.

EDIT: Guess when I accepted I wasn't any good...
By the time i finished playing i had about as much cartilage left in my knees as Michael Jackson had left in his nose.
I wore Grass Cats (Hockey Boots) simular to this pic but older style ones that came out in the 90's.
puma-mens-evopower-4-tt-ombre-blue-white-fluro-peach-soccer-shoes.jpg
I found they helped my knees heaps.
People used to ask me if i slipped over more wearing them.
Id always reply " if you dont run very much you dont slip over":D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back