Opinion Statement from AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan on historic new broadcast rights agreement

Remove this Banner Ad

Gill has worked really hard on his 'common man' persona over recent years. Independent testing from a recent promotional shoot confirms that the average person with no knowledge of him now finds his face 16% less smug and entitled than when he first took on the role.

Poster59.b747e6ddd21081a6f0780e20efe13e7c.png

These days, he even manages almost complete suppression of his patented furious landed gentry scowl when the intern reminds him for the 694th time that he's supposed to show the sponsor logo as prominently as humanly possible:

12A1AEBF-8FEA-49F3-8B6D-B4E7F85B9E0F_1_201_a-scaled.jpeg

Him and Garry lyon, can't work out who is who they look so alike

All the money will be wasted in Tassie team and aflw endless money pit worse than gws and gc ventures and what aflw players will expect dusty money to play 10 rounds of football that no one watches or goes to

Lost me at ‘to help your local club to be the best it can be’.
AFL doesn’t give an absolute f*** about grassroots footy and has neglected it for years.
When was the last time Jill McLachlan inquired as to how Pyramid Hill or Numurkah, or Cardross, or Swift’s Creek or Nar Nar Goon was travelling??
I don't know if it was Scomo pork barreling but the growth in girl's footy has lead to spending on clubrooms.much needed toilets and showers up here in NSW.
It ain't men's standard yet but it is like watching junior boys football.
My local team are tigers so that helps. One of the girls is playing for Collingwood aflw team. Belting out the great song after a win..The Sun's are the nearest team and they donate prizes for raffles.
It's good having the 18 teams of girls playing now. Given the men's team has been knocked out.
McLaughlin gets some credit for keeping the game going during covid.
The Suns have been disappointing. They looked like they'd turned the corner. But can't win.... except against us 😡😡
I expect Giants to bounce back. Yeah no one attends games but it's obviously still worth it from a broadcast point of view.
So a bigger deal this time. Let's hope Benny Gale is the new chairman....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back