Opinion Statement from AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan on historic new broadcast rights agreement

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah 7+ digital is their free streaming app. Ch 7 haven’t been able to use it as foxtel has had exclusive streaming rights via foxtel now and kayo. Looks like that will be changed

Nah 7+ digital their free streaming app. Haven’t been able to use it as foxtel has had exclusive streaming rightsvia goxtel now and kayo. Looks like that will be changed
will be pay to watch by 2025 - lock it in

Nah 7+ digital is their free streaming app. Ch 7 haven’t been able to use it as foxtel has had exclusive streaming rights via foxtel now and kayo. Looks like that will be changed
Goodbye Vfl coverage

4.5 Billion dollar to be injected into the game but we still have:-

• 360p goal camera resolution at 12 Frames per second.
  • part time umpires and monthly rule changes
  • terminally bleeding local clubs and leagues
  • Kayo's version of HD picture quality.
  • No Tassie team.
  • Commentators with no endearing qualities guessing, guessing at goals vs points and getting player names wrong.

But we do have Gills fantastic legacy that the afl media keep banging on. Thank God everything is ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stealing games from Saturdays and plonking them on a Thursday night is :poo:for attendance numbers and people with kids
Not great if you live in WA, f***ing games start before I get home from work, I had to watch the final on replay:mad: and as my sister and father in law txt'ed me at the start of the game but not at the end, I knew we had lost a close one, way to ruin my year you pack of AFL campaigners.

All the Thursday games killed our attendance this year although TV viewers were up.

Until it comes to the GF and then Gill and all his mates will be sitting in their deluxe boxes, sipping wine while "the backbone of the AFL", which is club members miss out.

Gill has worked really hard on his 'common man' persona over recent years. Independent testing from a recent promotional shoot confirms that the average person with no knowledge of him now finds his face 16% less smug and entitled than when he first took on the role.

Poster59.b747e6ddd21081a6f0780e20efe13e7c.png

These days, he even manages almost complete suppression of his patented furious landed gentry scowl when the intern reminds him for the 694th time that he's supposed to show the sponsor logo as prominently as humanly possible:

12A1AEBF-8FEA-49F3-8B6D-B4E7F85B9E0F_1_201_a-scaled.jpeg

Gill has worked really hard on his 'common man' persona over recent years. Independent testing from a recent promotional shoot confirms that the average person with no knowledge of him now finds his face 16% less smug and entitled than when he first took on the role.

These days, he even manages almost complete suppression of his patented furious landed gentry scowl when the intern reminds him for the 694th time that he's supposed to show the sponsor logo as prominently as humanly possible:

I hate the campaigner

the cheap suit helps as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back