Recommitted Steven May [re-signed]

Will he leave at seasons end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He reportedly was the player that gave O'Meara a spray when he told the playing group he's leaving.
Too many journos, not enough news in Melbourne.
He's just waiting to see how many $$$ he can get if Ablett leaves and also that wash up with the CBA result. Biggest contract of his life, so why rush. He's loyal and a co-captain and originally from up in the northern states. He won't be leaving.

I'd rather lose half the list before May. Whatever it takes. Everything you could ask for in a player. Lynch is similar. They deserve better. :(

He reportedly was the player that gave O'Meara a spray when he told the playing group he's leaving.
Too many journos, not enough news in Melbourne.
He's just waiting to see how many $$$ he can get if Ablett leaves and also that wash up with the CBA result. Biggest contract of his life, so why rush. He's loyal and a co-captain and originally from up in the northern states. He won't be leaving.
Originally from NT, but moved to Vic to play footy & loved Melbourne life, he waiting for some changes I believe.

If you were to lose him, would a 1st rounder get it done?

Originally from NT, but moved to Vic to play footy & loved Melbourne life, he waiting for some changes I believe.

He quickly moved back up north after he completed his schooling. I heard him last week and got the impression he'll definitely stay.

He is at MINIMUM worth a 1st + 2nd.

early second imho

Also a little birdy told me that he was in very advanced discussions with sydney

Not sure how they'd fit him into their cap, Tippett is still contracted for 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck finding a club dumb enough to take him.

Inb4 Melbourne takes him for 3 years at 600k.

early second imho

Also a little birdy told me that he was in very advanced discussions with sydney

Your taking the piss about an early second. Just about the best key back going round.
I'd almost consider 2 firsts for him he would be that good for Melbourne

You win a flag every 9 years or so (on average). Not sure who you hired as your statistician ;)
Every 7 since we've been in the VFL/AFL - who is your statistician?

I'm just going off wikipedia, but: Established 1903 (115 years ago), won 13 premierships.

115 over 13 = A premiership every 8.85 years

Happy to stand corrected of course.
We didn't join the VFL until 1925, so we can't exactly win premierships in years we didn't compete.

May = two firsts including at least one single figure pick, a player to build your side around.

Maybe Sydney are planning to offload Reid and get May? He might not want to go to the fishbowl in Melbourne so one of the Sydney teams puts him in a contender side without the local scrutiny and public visibility.

May = two firsts including at least one single figure pick, a player to build your side around.

Maybe Sydney are planning to offload Reid and get May? He might not want to go to the fishbowl in Melbourne so one of the Sydney teams puts him in a contender side without the local scrutiny and public visibility.
Two first rounders? Yeah nah. He'll be 26 next year, and even Dangerfield only got Pick 9, Dean Gore, and a pick in the 50s. Treloar was 22 when he was traded for two top ten picks and Collingwood paid huge overs there. A 24 year old Judd got pick 3 and an unproven former pick 4 in JJK, plus a second rounder. May doesn't have that kind of value.

We didn't join the VFL until 1925, so we can't exactly win premierships in years we didn't compete.
Fair enough, serves me right for using Wikipedia as my reference point. So then the average of winning a premiership every 4-5 years as you stated is correct?

Back