Recommitted Steven May [re-signed]

Will he leave at seasons end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's my point though. I'm not saying he won't leave (although personally pretty confident he'll stay) I'm just saying that there are a lot of Victorian clubs a lot more appealing than Hawthorn right now.

HAD* a winning culture. Also you're criticising a club for not having a winning culture after only having been in the AFL for 6 seasons. It took Hawthorn, in a much smaller competition 33 years to even make a finals series and 37 years before they won a premiership.

Hahaha this is great mate, put him back in his shell. Hawthorn won't play finals for 5+ years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really hope he stays. Players bang on about culture and so on but it starts with them I believe. I think back to Sydney in the early 90s they were a basket case. Then if I'm not mistaken Stuart maxfield was responsible for introducing the 'bloods culture' and they have been a powerhouse since. Time players started writing their own destiny not just trying to tack on to someone else's to win a flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry that we gazumped your mob in both signing him & turning him into a premiership player, but I''m sure you'll get over it sometime soon.
I wouldn't give 2/10ths of duck all for Frawley. Probably the only player that is worth less than Vickery.

More salty about Troy Menzel going to the Crows.

Frawley was struggling, probably due to the quality of your midfield and hence, the quality of opposition supply to their forwards. However, any reasonable fan would have to question his value going forward. Nearly 29, lacks pace and awareness the cliff is fast approaching. Not sure he would get a game at alot of teams where May is a walk up start everywhere, absolute quality. No wonder the rumours suggest you are offering $4.5m/5years.

Well done on getting a flag with him but I'm personally not salty at all.

More salty about Troy Menzel going to the Crows.

Frawley was struggling, probably due to the quality of your midfield and hence, the quality of opposition supply to their forwards. However, any reasonable fan would have to question his value going forward. Nearly 29, lacks pace and awareness the cliff is fast approaching. Not sure he would get a game at alot of teams where May is a walk up start everywhere, absolute quality. No wonder the rumours suggest you are offering $4.5m/5years.

Well done on getting a flag with him but I'm personally not salty at all.
Umm wow

Let's clear some things up.

Frawley is as quick as any KPD in the comp. You only have to look at his video of him chasing down Lewis Jetta, or even in R1 against Essendon when he chased their fastest player in Coyler down.

Secondly Frawley is 28 - younger than Hawkins, Selwood etc. Won't be playing a game as a 29 year old this season.

Thirdly, the average age of the 100m olympic gold medalist since 1984 is 27 years - this is the time they hit their peak in terms of speed.

Finally, Frawley was freaking awesome in the 2015 finals series, and all of last year. The only player I can think of in recent times to keep Buddy goalless twice in a row (with a total of 0.1 scored across those two games). Kept Tex Walker goalless in the 1st semi in 2015, Pav goalless in the 1st prelim in 2015 and for the kicker, kept the Coleman medalist in Josh Kennedy goalless in the Grand Final (though he did let Kennedy kick 1 behind very late in the match).

You sir are salty and letting your views of his 1st half of the 2015 season with Hawthorn cloud his actual impact with the club since.

2 questions.

1. What do Hawthorn have that Gold Coast would want that equals Steven May's value? When answering, know also that these players have to agree to go as well.

2. Why would May pick Hawthorn over Bulldogs?

2 questions.

1. What do Hawthorn have that Gold Coast would want that equals Steven May's value? When answering, know also that these players have to agree to go as well.

2. Why would May pick Hawthorn over Bulldogs?

What do the Dogs have that they would trade that's worth anything close to May? Not much.

Also I highly doubt that the Dogs would be able to match the money and trade assets that the other Victorian teams have.

What do the Dogs have that they would trade that's worth anything close to May? Not much.

Also I highly doubt that the Dogs would be able to match the money and trade assets that the other Victorian teams have.
Should JJ leave, two first rounders. Possibly some fringe players that would get a game at Gold Coast. Maybe a Webb, Dale etc could be involved.

We went after Carlisle, we went after Hurley and it's been reported by Nick Bowen we're into May. I'm not saying we'll be the highest bidders, but we'll put forward something competitive.

Back