Roast Strip the captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you wishing th judgement would come quickly

But saying we will never have any supporters I 100% disagree with, true supporter never jump off. Even when we sucked I was there with 12000 others.

I hate the dual captains thing, I would personally prefer hammer as skipper.

Not saying we will not have any supporters, but I can see we are headed towards way smaller crowds in the near future if we continue on the current path. The current administration have their heads in the sand and this has the potential to be financially damaging.

Trade both of them as far as I'm concerned. They've made a mockery of a time honoured and privileged position.

#NotMyCaptains
Ollie lost me when he said be would consider leaving if Ken ever left the club back when GC were sniffing around, add the skiing incident and then Tom's subsequent tweet...yeh they can both be traded and I wouldn't give 2 Shiits.

We will never know whether wines or tj could have been a good captain because neither were given the opportunity.

By chickening out of making a choice, we ****** our team, our season, our history and two players careers in one fell swoop

And if nothing else gets Hinkley sacked, this complete and utter dumpster fire of a decision should be enough to sack him. I think it may well be the single worst football decision a Port Adelaide coach has ever made.

Imagine forcing Boak to step down and he comes out as our best player though.

What a disaster.

Also our supporters are definitely campaigners but we all knew that so shouldn’t have given them the excuse to go after Wines and Jonas as symbols of the clubs departure from its successful tradition.

People think this was a Hinkley decision... sorry this has Koch all and the board all over.
Even if it wasn't a Hinkley decision (which i believe it was) was there any need for him to be snide and disrespectful to the members about who was in charge of the club?

It sounded a lot like like Hinkley did the old "shh now the grownups are talking" move. So very very disrespectful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if it wasn't a Hinkley decision (which i believe it was) was there any need for him to be snide and disrespectful to the members about who was in charge of the club?

It sounded a lot like like Hinkley did the old "shh now the grownups are talking" move. So very very disrespectful.

He's been around football a long time.

Hasn't won bugger all, but he's been around.

They are both so disappointing as captains but really it's not their fault. Neither have any qualities of a captain. Without hostility towards them, they should be playing to their strengths. Wines should be a bogan midfield beast, Jonas should be a scrappy third defender concentrating on his professional future. They aren't captains or leaders on or off field. You get what you deserve. The 'progress' of Wines at the club is horrible. He embodies the villa confusion of the club which has no idea what it stands for and rewards itself with empty contrived praise.

And if nothing else gets Hinkley sacked, this complete and utter dumpster fire of a decision should be enough to sack him. I think it may well be the single worst football decision a Port Adelaide coach has ever made.

+1

The thing is, if you trade a player, you can find ways to replace their output.

Lose a big game, you can learn from it - just look at Liverpool

Destroy a tradition, there is no fixing it. It's a pointless s**t stain on our history we now have to live with for the rest of our lives.

Without doubt, the two worst captains (fitting) in 150 years of History. Boak must be thinking WTF is going on, forced to step down for these muppets.

Not trading these two clowns out when we had the chance last year is looking like a massive mistake.

People think this was a Hinkley decision... sorry this has Koch all and the board all over.

KT publicly stated he challenged hinkley as to the merit of having co-captains and he ultimately accepted his advice. The plain fact is KT should have said 'no way' from the outset - he didn't and should cop flack accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back