Roast Strip the captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

They are never going to strip the captaincy this year.

Next year - it will be Ollie in 1, or a new contender.

May this whole episode be a watershed on the club and it's future.

I firmly believe that this will be the thing that ends Hinkley.

They know. They keep rolling out anyone other than our faux captains to face the music.

What a shambles.

Tredrea and Timmy basically said they hated the decision.

If it got signed off by KT then he should walk too.

Interesting times coming up, Crows Will towel is up next week.

I'd be happy to strip the captaincy and put him on the trade table unless we see a new coach in 2020. We're still just ahead of the curb before the Victorian media realise he's more tree trunk than footballer

I stood up at the AGM and implored those mofo's in charge not to sh*t on this once great club's traditions by appointing co-captains and Hinkley pretty much responded when it was his time with a big f u to the supporters. Well guess what Ken? Judgement time is coming.

I wish judgement time would come along quickly, as we will have no supporters before long.

No way in hell that Ollie deserves to wear number 1 next year. He couldn’t lead an Auskick side.

There's something in me that says Ollie could be a good captain if handed the responsibility to lead on his own, that it would be his making as a player. But we chose the half baked option that threw the entire Port universe out of whack, and he's never warmed to his half of the role.

Jonas couldn't captain The Popeye.
When Wines was Vice, he took over as Captain for one game when Boak missed due to an injury. He looked like the best player in the league at that time. His game as Captain would make his current form look good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way in hell that Ollie deserves to wear number 1 next year. He couldn’t lead an Auskick side.

I agree. But, he's injured and severely compromised on many sides.

The KKK era and associated indecision have robbed Ollie of his leadership potential.

Best case scenario, a new coach and direction re-awakens that beast. It's there.

We threw 148 years of history out the window by appointing co-captains. The 2 couldn’t even face the media when we lost.

Time to face the music or forgo the captaincy.
This is what set us apart from every other club, the players were held accountable to the supporters at after match functions. This rabble is all lip service, love playing for these fans etc, they don’t actually give a Frangipani. The writing was on the wall when Jonas took to social media to defend Ollie from the “Armchair critics” who don’t understand the rigours of being a professional athlete!
Never should have happened. It broke something inside me with this club. It hasn't been the same.
+ 1
There's something in me that says Ollie could be a good captain if handed the responsibility to lead on his own, that it would be his making as a player. But we chose the half baked option that threw the entire Port universe out of whack, and he's never warmed to his half of the role.

Jonas couldn't captain The Popeye.
I was in the Pro Jonas camp, I was dead against the co-captaincy, I now wonder if telling Ollie he isn’t quite good enough to do the job on his own has smashed his confidence?

KT if he ha overseen this happen, needs to step aside. Ken... it’s a waste of time, but he will FOREVER be a bridesmaid!

Ollie is likely having a bad year because of his injuries (one of them self inflicted ughhh). Add to that the increased weight of expectation being a 0.5 captain plus the team playing poorly and here we are.

Jonas is playing like rubbish also.

Good times.

I was in the Pro Jonas camp, I was dead against the co-captaincy, I now wonder if telling Ollie he isn’t quite good enough to do the job on his own has smashed his confidence?

It tells Ollie we don't believe in his ability to lead

It tells TJ that we don't believe we can achieve anything in his time as a senior leader

It tells everyone else in the playing group we have nobody to lead you.

It's why no matter what you think of the individuals, you grow a pair of ******* balls and make a call. Something Port has known for a long time.

And in response to this thread. No.
I agree that both haven't been their best and I also didn't want co-captains but to strip them of the captaincy would be an even worse decision half way through their first season.
Hard to say. Maybe it would actually be a great thing.
I think both guys would truly realize how much of a disliked decision it was to go down the co road.

I wish judgement time would come along quickly, as we will have no supporters before long.
I agree with you wishing th judgement would come quickly

But saying we will never have any supporters I 100% disagree with, true supporter never jump off. Even when we sucked I was there with 12000 others.

I hate the dual captains thing, I would personally prefer hammer as skipper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back