Autopsy SUNS Vs St Kilda June 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons in the NEAFL this week: 37 touches (lots ineffective), 6 tackles, 1 goal.
Dawson: 28 touches, 12 tackles
Lemmens: 0.1, 22 touches as a high half forward, 8 tackles.

Smokey to come in perhaps in Schoenfeld who had 30 touches among 9 tackles, 8 marks and a behind. He works hard to spread and provide an option.
I understand BigFooty is a fan based bulletin board based on what we think and feel but it's fairly obvious this is all wasted electrons because not once have I seen team selection even remotely resemble our mad rants and thoughts
Sun_Tzu said that thing about history repeating and I think he was talking about playing 18yo's against men and watching them get whacked into mediocrity
Dew can't have seen much of the Suns 2011-2014

I'm the biggest believer in Stuart Dew, but I'm starting to get very concerned.

I don't understand how a bloke like Holman, who does more for the opposition than us, seemingly get picked first every week, while Barlow is left to dominate the NEAFL, and Lyons (who has been our best player this year) gets dropped for nothing.

I'm really starting to worry that this is sending the wrong message, and the players ar picking up on it. It doesn't matter how good you are - some blokes will get picked regardless, so whats the point?

We need wholesale changes going into this game. Jarryd Lyons needs to be the first man selected. Holman needs to be dropped. An ultimatum needs to be put to Lynch - re-sign, lose the captaincy, or spend the next ten weeks in the NEAFL. This might sound extreme, but it needs to be done. Having a leader at the club completely checked out worked so poorly for us last year. We can't have it again.
yep i have completely lost faith in the match committee.

And think the coaches are starting to lose the players

Lynch would be my first out next week he brings nothing to our team atm no leadership and no presence

The Suns can at least be proud of having been beaten by competitive teams all year. The away losses to Freo and WB were costly to our finals hopes, but just being in those games until the final quarter shows signs that the club is on track. 9 away games for 3 wins was a pass mark, while these past 2 losses have been understandable given the opponents.

There are 5 remaining should win/winnable games and the rest are against Top 8 teams, so the outlook is bleak. That's just being realistic. From a selection viewpoint, why wouldn't Dew have a go with rookies and youth when it is only going to position the side for success in the future? Next week will determine our benchmark. Until our remaining 6 homes games are played, the season can't be judged.

I understand BigFooty is a fan based bulletin board based on what we think and feel but it's fairly obvious this is all wasted electrons because not once have I seen team selection even remotely resemble our mad rants and thoughts
Sun_Tzu said that thing about history repeating and I think he was talking about playing 18yo's against men and watching them get whacked into mediocrity
Dew can't have seen much of the Suns 2011-2014
GC Sunscast predicted 20 of the 22 and conceded that the 2 eventual selections we didn't predict were possible/probable. Credit where credit is due.

I donate my time to do the GCSunscast, you muppet. Why would I keep quiet? You come on talking nonsense every day. I have analysed the Suns season on this board and on the Podcast and predicted at about 80%, which is better than most of the pessimists like you. When you can effectively analyse the team, the list and weekly games better than I do I'll never post again.

The season has already been judged a long time ago. They shouldn't have gone down by over 100 today, no effort what so ever. I tipped GWS but I was thinking maybe 6 goals. Also, Flogged last week at home first real home game of the year when they should have turned up to play. A loss was predicted but bot a flogging.

The season has already been judged a long time ago. They shouldn't have gone down by over 100 today, no effort what so ever. I tipped GWS but I was thinking maybe 6 goals. Also, Flogged last week at home first real home game of the year when they should have turned up to play. A loss was predicted but bot a flogging.
That isn't really the point though, is it? The team is completely different personnel wise compared to 12 months ago, including a new coach. We know that the Suns are better than the bottom 3 and next week is the chance to prove it. The losses have been away 8 out of 9 times. The sample size is 50% of the season's length and by the end of the year the side will have travelled more than any other team in the history of the AFL.

I will be looking to see the posters who change with the weather when the side is going well again. Right now it is just pessimism unrelenting without very much incisive analysis. Can anyone say why the Suns were so bad today or last week? Is anyone actually able to pinpoint what is going wrong? If you can't, you're no better than the piss poor Melbourne media death-riding us into extinction.

St Kilda steadied the ship enough to make the media spotlight next week all about us. GOOD!
Prepare your little digs and speeches Weasel Whateley, Slob Robbo, Hairspray McLachlan, Cat Hutchy the SEN Campaigners etc etc from your miserable VFL-centric Ivory Towers and bring it on.

Ok I going to predict a Draw .

I donate my time to do the GCSunscast, you muppet. Why would I keep quiet? You come on talking nonsense every day. I have analysed the Suns season on this board and on the Podcast and predicted at about 80%, which is better than most of the pessimists like you. When you can effectively analyse the team, the list and weekly games better than I do I'll never post again.
Mate you’re like a politician. You can have facts and evidence at the end of your nose and you still have the ability to turn it around into something positive. We are pessimists because we have suffered for 8 long years and nothing changes. There’s half glass full and then there’s being outright ridiculous.

Mate you’re like a politician. You can have facts and evidence at the end of your nose and you still have the ability to turn it around into something positive. We are pessimists because we have suffered for 8 long years and nothing changes. There’s half glass full and then there’s being outright ridiculous.
I'm trying to speak for realism at this stage. 3 and 8 is hardly the worst record. Richmond made the 8 from 3 and 10 in 2014, then won the Comp in 2017. That isn't to say the Suns will run the table, but there is hope for another 3 wins at least and the future really isn't that bleak. We've got Lions fans coming in and taunting us, so why are you rolling over and showing them your cheeks? Do you have any respect at all? Pride? With over 8 or more first choice players missing from the top 22 and the depth consisting of under 22 yo players, what results are you expecting? I don't blame the club for these results, I blame the AFL and the research SunnerSS and I have gone on record with supports that. Realistic is where we live. Pessimism is all I'm reading tonight.

Dew held off the changes after last week well let’s hope it happens now. Dawson, 2mp, Lemmens, Lyons, Barlow (if fit) Schoenfeld need to be given a chance otherwise the saints could embarrass us like Geelong and gws did. The likes of Holman, day, Rischa, young and sexton need to go. Like everyone else I’m exhausted by these performances.

Can't they practice short kicking , running or leading to space in training , I don't mind occasionally long bomb but just not all the time and been.outsmart and Outmark by opposition team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't they practice short kicking , running or leading to space in training , I don't mind occasionally long bomb but just not all the time and been.outsmart and Outmark by opposition team.
Against Geelong we went with the short kicking, uncontested marking, keeping possession game. It resulted with 26 Geelong scores (12.14) from direct turnovers.
Back to blind kicks across the body this week and it’s worse. The skill level by foot is appalling and it hasn’t just happened under Dew.
Tape, Russell, Shaw, Lonergan, Sexton all ordinary kicks but kept in the list for far too long. Dew needs a total rebuild unfortunately and with AFL assistance.

St Kilda steadied the ship enough to make the media spotlight next week all about us. GOOD!
Prepare your little digs and speeches Weasel Whateley, Slob Robbo, Hairspray McLachlan, Cat Hutchy the SEN Campaigners etc etc from your miserable VFL-centric Ivory Towers and bring it on.

Hate to say it. But I have this gut feeling this week could be a long and torturous week in the media

And as for the StKilda game - It could be the most important in our 8 year history. Lose this week is probably nothing short of disaster. For not only media and fan perspective but confidence of the entire playing group and football department.

Lose in a fashion of just rolling over and copping an 8+ goal drubbing - Well who knows what happens there

But get a win on the board, it will release a truckload of weight off the shoulders of everyone

Hate to say it. But I have this gut feeling this week could be a long and torturous week in the media

And as for the StKilda game - It could be the most important in our 8 year history. Lose this week is probably nothing short of disaster. For not only media and fan perspective but confidence of the entire playing group and football department.

Lose in a fashion of just rolling over and copping an 8+ goal drubbing - Well who knows what happens there

But get a win on the board, it will release a truckload of weight off the shoulders of everyone
We’ll win. Not because we’re necessarily the better team but the Saints have put the cue in the rack this year.

As per usual for the last couple of years, really worried about our mental application.

Too many games we are out of it early doors. Not getting close to showing what we can do.

The Demons had the same problem for a long time as well. Not sure how to fix it but having talent means nothing if your mental state stops you showing that talent. Like a golfer with the yips (or the Saints kicking for goal).

Not a good sign for our regular leaders. Might be time for Touk to Captain, Benny and Witts as vice. Only blokes who seem to crack in every week.

To be honest we deserve everything coming our way , we are showing no effort , I’m amazed some on here thinking we can win a chook raffle let alone a Afl game , we are playing with a underage midfield that can’t keep up unless we add Lyons and Barlow that is going to help , but it’s going to be a long couple of seasons if we don’t get some quality mids in soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched St Kilda game against Swans and they played way better than us. Suns players already lost confidence as they look mentally shot. I am not optimistic. Actually hard scrutiny is what the club, players deserve and need. True leaders will rise up from the crisis.

Our main issue is midfield as everybody points out. No point to criticise defence or forward set up when midfield breaks down. Just way too many young players there who are not ready, then confidence is shot and it goes to hell. I have to disagree with Dew, in his presser he said that it really does not matter who plays there. GWS quality in midfield is unbelievable. We can only hope that Lyons and Barlow, Fiorini (when ready) strengthen the midfield. Martin should go to midfield too.

Hello Suns...

Any chance Dew is having a good look at the list with an eye to a big clean out at years end?
A dozen or more list changes coming at the end of the year I reckon, hang in there!

Hello Suns...

Any chance Dew is having a good look at the list with an eye to a big clean out at years end?
A dozen or more list changes coming at the end of the year I reckon, hang in there!
There will be a riot if at least half a dozen dont get chopped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back