Autopsy SUNS Vs St Kilda June 16

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Lynch deserves a week in the NEAFL - never seen a bloke more disinterested in playing. I know he wasn’t the only one last night but he’s the captain for **** sake - at the very least you should expect effort from your leader.

Watching St Kilda afterwards getting mauled by Sydney - at least they keep kicking and fighting for every point. Watching Cameron walk past Lynch and score is just not on.

Dew needs to make a stand that he’s in charge of the team, not walking on eggshells around a sulky overgrown teenager.

I think Lynch deserves a week in the NEAFL - never seen a bloke more disinterested in playing. I know he wasn’t the only one last night but he’s the captain for **** sake - at the very least you should expect effort from your leader.

Watching St Kilda afterwards getting mauled by Sydney - at least they keep kicking and fighting for every point. Watching Cameron walk past Lynch and score is just not on.

Dew needs to make a stand that he’s in charge of the team, not walking on eggshells around a sulky overgrown teenager.
I’m not convinced he’s leaving but if he did tell Dew that, then I’d expect him to play in the NEAFL and allow Wright and Day to play who want to be here.

I’m not convinced he’s leaving but if he did tell Dew that, then I’d expect him to play in the NEAFL and allow Wright and Day to play who want to be here.
if he hasn't declared his hand then his ship should sail. At least relinquish or be stripped of the captaincy until he decides! you can't build on uncertainty.

Our main issue is midfield as everybody points out. No point to criticise defence or forward set up when midfield breaks down. Just way too many young players there who are not ready, then confidence is shot and it goes to hell. I have to disagree with Dew, in his presser he said that it really does not matter who plays there. GWS quality in midfield is unbelievable. We can only hope that Lyons and Barlow, Fiorini (when ready) strengthen the midfield. Martin should go to midfield too.

Ainsworth and Ballard still developing it isn't going to happen overnight unfortunately. I agree that Martin should be in the midfield he tore the Bulldogs apart in ballarat in round 7 I think it was he was BOG by a mile!

afl.com has posted a report for the best performers in the GWS NEAFL side yesterday in the Around the State Leagues, but neglected to include a report for the Suns despite the fact that the 2 teams actually played each other. Slow clap.

afl.com has posted a report for the best performers in the GWS NEAFL side yesterday in the Around the State Leagues, but neglected to include a report for the Suns despite the fact that the 2 teams actually played each other. Slow clap.
Do you really want to read more negative report about the Suns .

What got me was when Cameron took that mark and lynch turned his back and Cameron played on and scored the goal that was inexcusable no defensive pressure or awareness at all. In relation to his effort though our forward entries were woeful all night and didn't really give him a chance or advantage in the contest

I agree though that the performance as a whole was not AFL standard and drastic changes need to be made

I watched St Kilda game against Swans and they played way better than us. Suns players already lost confidence as they look mentally shot. I am not optimistic. Actually hard scrutiny is what the club, players deserve and need. True leaders will rise up from the crisis.
Saaints will also be desperate and see this as a real opportunity for a win on the road. They’ve ambushed us before and they at least have some semblance of a midfield. My spider senses are tingling again.

Lynch has often been one to either lose his temper or get a bit of the sulks when things aren’t going well. Not the best traits to have in one of your leaders. Never see Touk act like that.

Schoenfeld, wright and lyons should definitely come back in all have deserved their spot.
Lynch, sexton and rischa need to go out.
Cant see the club dropping our "captain" to play ressies but they can certainly give him the week of to be "managed".

Hard to be optimistic, but jeez they better play with some heart on Saturday after all the past month of embarrassment.

My opinion, we have a fitness/running issue. We can't mark because we can't spread or run. We got crap skills because we are under pressure, because we can't run and spread. So I understand why we can't have Lonergan, Brodie, Lyons, Barlow all in the same team. But far out it's difficult to see how we win the next inevitable midfield battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against a similarly skilled midfield, it will be interesting to see how Dew sets the team up. Outside of Jack Steven, I am not too worried about the Saints. The past 3 games, we have been set up really defensively, sitting on the shoulder of all the opponents, almost waiting for them to pick the ball up first. I would love Barlow and Lyons in there to actually win the pill and move it forward.

Would also like to see Lemmens and Wright get a chance.

Against a similarly skilled midfield, it will be interesting to see how Dew sets the team up. Outside of Jack Steven, I am not too worried about the Saints. The past 3 games, we have been set up really defensively, sitting on the shoulder of all the opponents, almost waiting for them to pick the ball up first. I would love Barlow and Lyons in there to actually win the pill and move it forward.

Would also like to see Lemmens and Wright get a chance.

Shut down jack Stevens, Seb Ross, patty McCartin and membrey and we'll be alright I think we have the talent at our disposal to win and shut them down

G'day, sorry to intrude, but are there any updates on Ainsworth's hand injury? Is he likely to miss games?
Hope you can turn it around and regain some momentum vs the saints, thought there were good signs and competitiveness until the last month and I've got a soft spot for Wittsy, Jack Martin and the Touk Touk, to name a couple.

Just play a forward line of Day , wright and Lynch . I don't care about ground ball if everybody going to long bomb forward .

G'day, sorry to intrude, but are there any updates on Ainsworth's hand injury? Is he likely to miss games?
Hope you can turn it around and regain some momentum vs the saints, thought there were good signs and competitiveness until the last month and I've got a soft spot for Wittsy, Jack Martin and the Touk Touk, to name a couple.
Dew said after the match there were no injuries so i assume it's nothing.

To me it looks like Lynch's knee is still not right so I would give him again 3-4 weeks break and replace him with Wright. I like Wright's wok in the ruck in NEAFL, still no goals though. Lemmens still probably needs 1-2 games in NEAFL but I would replace Sexton who really struggles with him. The last change for me is Lyons replacing Scheer. If Barlow somehow is fit I would have him in too replacing Heron. We need to strengthen midfield as much as possible so I would play Martin there too.

Don't think it is possible in the modern game to play 3 tall forwards all lacking good mobility
and worst of all no form whatsoever.
Two is not working hard to see three being an option.
If you watch GWS match how many time the ball drop to the ground (required mobility) , all of them are marked by GWS players and rebound quickly back to GC defensive half .small players not running hard enough and Tall players not marking ,plus momentum killer moment by Young ( can't convert simple set shot) , Holman ( can't kick it to advantage ). Little by little players begin to doubt about their ability.

My excuses for players not running hard enough
1) skill error by teammates
2) use all of their energy chasing GWS players , when they had the ball they are too tired to run into space .

Last edited:
If you watch GWS match how many time the ball drop to the ground (required mobility) , all of them are marked by GWS players and rebound quickly back to GC defensive half .small players not running hard enough and Tall players not marking ,plus momentum killer moment by Young ( can't convert simple set shot) , Holman ( can't kick it to advantage ). Little by little players begin to doubt about their ability.

My excuses for players not running hard enough
1) skill error by teammates
2) use all of their energy chasing GWS players , when they had the ball they are too tired to run into space .
Agree, it was painful to watch in the last qtr. Long bomb, GWS got the ball and we chased them like idiots. No confidence, several times player had a teammate next to him on the run and he still bombed it. Yes, Young had a shocker set shot (it would not matter anyway) but he made some crunching tackles in the last qtr while Scheer, Lynch were jogging watching opposition run along them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back